Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2007, 18:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Estilo fails to live up to expectations???

I always thought that the Newly launched Maruti Zen Estilo was doing quite well until I came across this piece of news.

Quote:
the poorer than expected performance of the Suzuki Zen Estilo, the newly launched replacement for the Zen small car, has affected the stock[Maruti stock price]
Source:
The Hindu Business Line : Maruti Udyog: Buy
Old 12th March 2007, 19:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

hmm.. i see more Estilo's than Verna... and this is a news to me.
Old 12th March 2007, 20:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

i didnt like the rickshaw....errr....estilo...and many people hate it compared to the old zen...i wouldnt mind driving an old zen...but if you ask me to drive a new zen..i wouldnt even if you pay me....its got lady like looks...
Old 12th March 2007, 20:56   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
hmm.. i see more Estilo's than Verna... and this is a news to me.
Abhi..Estilo & Verna?? What are you comparing bro? See the price and segment both products are targeting! (The only thing common between both of them is that both of them run on four wheels)...If you see lot less verna you will also see lot lesser BMWs and Mercs in comparison to Estilo!

Last edited by rohitbagai : 12th March 2007 at 20:59.
Old 12th March 2007, 21:13   #5
BHPian

Last Sunday's Autoshow in CNBC TV 18 compared the Estilo with the Santro. Apart from the looks, the Santro scored over the Zen in terms of space, performance etc. The Auto show experts choice was the Santro
Old 12th March 2007, 21:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

there's not much to worry. IF sales fail to live upto the expectations Maruti will cut the price by 40-50,000 Rs and make it value for money.
Old 12th March 2007, 21:46   #7
BHPian

finally a thread on estilo comes up. i had been thinking of starting a new thread abt this but was not quite sure for myself that the estilo had bombed.
in delhi, the estilo is scarcer than, say, an Opel. i see around 2 estilos a day and being a Maruti vehicle, that figure IS quite low.

but as far as I am concerned, the new ZEN was a recipe for disaster. the old ZEN had an image as a compact hatch with a little youthful touch.
i still find the driving position of the old Zen as the best in the segment. its a bit sporty, if u push the seat all the way to the back. Its nice...

the estilo lacked it completely. It was a WagonR copy. it fell in the same segment, and the R definately looked better and worked better.
Old 12th March 2007, 22:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

I personally dont even find the looks of Estilo any better than Santro/WagonR. Infact, i hate everything about the car.
Even the ladies are not driving it.
Old 12th March 2007, 22:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm... I see them just about everywhere. In all possible colours. Surprisingly, 95% of the drivers are older males.
Two are added in my building last month alone. And one of them is a shocking pink (with matching pink mirrors). And yes, that one is driven by a guy too.
But what about the 20,000 units sold that they advertise in papers? Those could yearly figures for the old zen.
Old 12th March 2007, 22:38   #10
BHPian

I still remember when estilo was launched and I went to maruti for a test drive. It was a first day and test drive was not available for next two days. I just sat on the driver seat and back seat. I never went again for drive. It just didn't clicked for me.

Santro .. any day
Old 12th March 2007, 22:47   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite View Post
Even the ladies are not driving it.

I've seen lots of ladies driving Estilos - especially the pink color. Only difference - they have their wife and kids in the car too.
Old 12th March 2007, 23:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I've seen lots of ladies driving Estilos - especially the pink color. Only difference - they have their wife and kids in the car too.
dont understand that part in bold.

There are a few estilos running around here in chennai. Only the name sounds fancy. i drove one & found it to be as good or bad as a wagonr to drive, but the interiors suck. the whole claim about beige interiors make it suck even more. it is all plastic all the way aka indica.
Old 12th March 2007, 23:31   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
the whole claim about beige interiors make it suck even more. it is all plastic all the way aka indica.

Whaddaya expect for that price? Hand-stitched calf leather and polished walnut? Especially in a vehicle that looks like an illegitimate love child of a Bajaj RE and an Omni?
Old 12th March 2007, 23:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Seriously, Maruti should bring out an auto E-Stella ASAP.
Old 13th March 2007, 00:05   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Abhi..Estilo & Verna?? What are you comparing bro? See the price and segment both products are targeting! (The only thing common between both of them is that both of them run on four wheels)...If you see lot less verna you will also see lot lesser BMWs and Mercs in comparison to Estilo!
Rohit actually you took it in a wrong way. What i meant to say was that in Chandigarh i see lots of estilos now days and i thought it was doing quiet good.

And by saying "i see more Estilo's than Verna" i mean that Estilo is doing better then verna in sales here. Though if anyone thinks i am comparing segments or car sales we should look at getz and Fiesta sales. So i am not comparing it was just a figure of speech.

Most Viewed