Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2007, 00:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I've seen lots of ladies driving Estilos - especially the pink color. Only difference - they have their wife and kids in the car too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
dont understand that part in bold.
Well what he means is that he sees many ladies driving them who are actually men in too much touch with their feminine side
Old 13th March 2007, 01:07   #17
BHPian

One Sentence - Ugliest looking Maruthi.
Old 13th March 2007, 01:16   #18
Team-BHP Support

I do not know how you can even compare Estillo to the looks of a Santro or even WagonR. They are miles ahead in looks dept when compared to this wacky thing on wheels. Its the ugliest car on roads IMO. In fact Santro has come a long way in looks since its early days. The Xing looks so much better.

Yesterday I saw a pink colored Estillo that had some garish chrome finished borders around its pointed, triangular headlights (yucks!) and the pursed lip grills. Egadds... horrible!
Old 13th March 2007, 01:33   #19
BHPian

I think maruti has screwed up big time in the designing department. The car is totally out of proportions from every possible angle. Dunno how someone mentioned that it was rated ahead of the Santro in the Autocar show in terms of its looks..
IMO it is another blotch on the Zen brand name after the "Classic" debacle.
Old 13th March 2007, 02:04   #20
BHPian

Well Maruti just needs some good car interior designers, stylists and veterans having international experience. The Indian designers or whom so ever it consults do not have proper taste. Having produced stylish cars like the Swift, this was not expected. However with a bit of tweaking Maruti can actually make the new Zen a bit better. However the true sports car feeling of the old zen is missing. If only Maruti brings back the same old Zen, it will outsell hugely.
Old 13th March 2007, 08:55   #21
Team-BHP Support

As if the Estilo didnt have a feminine look in itself, Maruti also provides them with skirts... !!!

A perfect recipe for disaster, right from the looks of the car, to the boxy commercial which was like shooting themselves in the foot.
Old 13th March 2007, 09:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
As if the Estilo didnt have a feminine look in itself, Maruti also provides them with skirts... !!!
LOL! THats a good one. But I still dont get it....7200+ units were sold in January (according to ACI) so that means more than 12,000 were sold in Feb. Those are pretty good numbers, certainly not indicating a flop.
Or do they mean its not living up to the expectations of its buyers?
Old 13th March 2007, 10:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Totally 20K sold till date from its launch in the last week of Dec.. How could that be a problem?? The ads say "record time" as well!!

Hats off to Maruti for being so creative with shipping a best seller with little or no RnD and contributing so handsomely to the bottomline!!

I am buying the stock!!
Old 13th March 2007, 10:23   #24
BHPian

The older Zen's were much better than the Estilo !!
Old 13th March 2007, 10:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Another factor to consider here is that the old Zen sold well for a number of years & was a very trusty work horse. Will this auto be as successful in the long term when the intial hoopla & hype dies down? That for me will be the real test of the new Zen compared to the old one.
Old 13th March 2007, 11:34   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Abhi..Estilo & Verna?? What are you comparing bro? See the price and segment both products are targeting! (The only thing common between both of them is that both of them run on four wheels)...If you see lot less verna you will also see lot lesser BMWs and Mercs in comparison to Estilo!
Still there are some people who consciously fail to see the Verna. Coming back to the topic, in my recent trips I have not seen a single estilo on the highways. For a compact economy car like Estilo, the low numbers we see on the road are not at all justifiable.
Old 13th March 2007, 11:36   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
there's not much to worry. IF sales fail to live upto the expectations Maruti will cut the price by 40-50,000 Rs and make it value for money.
But wont cutting the prices of a newly launched model tarnish the image of the manufacturer?
Old 13th March 2007, 11:37   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Whaddaya expect for that price? Hand-stitched calf leather and polished walnut? Especially in a vehicle that looks like an illegitimate love child of a Bajaj RE and an Omni?
No, it does not come that cheap like an Indica. they could have avoided the hard plastic & gone for something softer since it is a lady's car .
Old 13th March 2007, 12:05   #29
BHPian

don't expect price cut so early even if it does not sell. In oct they will reduce prices or some goodies as festival offer..
Old 13th March 2007, 12:20   #30
Team-BHP Support

EL... I do not know why you have this tendency of dragging Indica into things totally unrelated. Twice now on this thread. Indica may not be to your liking... fine... but still its miles ahead of some others in certain departments. Even the Esteem that sells now with its dated interiors and tacky knobs is much worse than what comes with an Indica. So no need to crow so much and that too on subjects inconsequential.

Most Viewed