Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2007, 16:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Amit, at Anuroop Hyderabad, i was never suggested for Motereco treatment. Is it only for Petrol cars?
I don't know if it's only for petrol or for both petrol and diesels. This was the service I did after I came back from a long stay in Canada. Since Anuroop did all the services on my car, they had the complete history on my Palio and the service advisor even asked me why the car hadn't come to the dealership in the last 1.5yrs. It was then that he said that he would complete the motoreco treatment as advised by Fiat since it wasn't done on my vehicle yet.

Quote:
Of course, the name is allowed here.
The Indian express news report didn't take the name of the Hyundai dealer. All it said was that a Hyundai dealer in Kurla and Pilot Scooters, authorised Honda scooters dealer in Chembur were among the dealers raided in Mumbai and found guilty of over charging customers.

Whats shocking is that 70 odd ASC's were raided and ALL were found guilty!
Old 13th March 2007, 16:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini View Post
Usually in my dustbin at home because I insist on the packaging and the failed / replaced part whenever anything is replaced
well my dealer makes it a point to give back the replaced/broken part every time a part has been replaced. May be because its owned by Maruti itself. But thats a confidence inspiring gesture. what say you guys?

The dealer in question is Maruti Sales & Service at Naraina, New Delhi. I have never had any complaint till date with them.
Old 13th March 2007, 16:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Of service charges and good service centers

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
What service charge is that & for what service ? who provided which service that i need to pay for ? i dont recall seeing anything to that effect when i signed on the dotted line for the CC. No one would buy a CC if this was the case. you are charging 2.5% interest on the day you make a purchase. What about a debit card ? should that also be treated the same ?
This service charge is what banks charge the shops for the customer using his card in their shops. the money transfer from customer to shop wont come free, since the bank has to rake in moolah there as well. however the dirty establishments transfer this onto our head. this has been happening day in and out and no one has raised a petition to correct this behaviour.

That apart, my maruti authorised showroom has not cheated me for both my maruti cars on any single count. they even return the old items everytime they change something, they even call me before changing something mentioning price and ask me whether they can go ahead. they even show me the bill vis-a-vis the actual price list (MRP). yes i do agree there could be instances where some other car's part can come to my car or vice versa but for me its been rare or non existent practice.

May I then recommend Green Cars, Koramangala, Bangalore as a nice place to service your maruti !
Old 13th March 2007, 16:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Service centres always do that. But the point is when they say engine oil changed or some additive added, how do we know whether they have done it.
Old 13th March 2007, 17:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
well my dealer makes it a point to give back the replaced/broken part every time a part has been replaced. May be because its owned by Maruti itself. But thats a confidence inspiring gesture. what say you guys?
I am sure all ASC's return the replaced/broken part to the customer. I don't think that is a problem with any dealer or manufacturer. My Daewoo dealer, who was among the worst dealers anywhere in the world, Pilot Daewoo, Chembur (Pilot group again!) used to return the replaced parts too. Both Anuroop and Shaman Fiat do the same too. Anuroop and Shaman also call me up before replacing any part.

Last edited by amit : 13th March 2007 at 17:10.
Old 13th March 2007, 17:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

ok let me clarify a few things. The situation is bad but getting better.

As you know we are OE suppliers to all major automobile manufacturers. We supply them spares too.

In the case of MUL, we have to supply them according to their requirements ie packaging and labelling. Now for a particular hose , we have to pack 10 pcs in a bag and have a MRP sticker for the bag. When the dealership asks for spares (eg 3 pcs), he is given the whole pack of 10 hoses by MUL. But what the dealers charge you is for one hose. The price difference could and was huge.

For example if we supply MUL 10 pcs for 50 Rs, the dealer could charge you 40 Rs for a single hose , as it will be the price printed at the dealership list.

But things have changed - with the new Excise Regualtions in place , all manufacturers were asked to provide details of the MRP of spares items. So that means , the MUL or the dealer now cannot sell anything for more than the MRP printed on the sticker on the MGP packing.

We can ask to see the packing for the spares item thats been replaced and the packing should have a MGP with the MRP printed.

Hope this helps
Old 13th March 2007, 21:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post

For example if we supply MUL 10 pcs for 50 Rs, the dealer could charge you 40 Rs for a single hose , as it will be the price printed at the dealership list.

But things have changed - with the new Excise Regualtions in place , all manufacturers were asked to provide details of the MRP of spares items. So that means , the MUL or the dealer now cannot sell anything for more than the MRP printed on the sticker on the MGP packing.

Hope this helps
It sure does mate! This is really useful. From now on, I am going to keep an eye on the spare part price list with a vengeance, as the service centres take a p*** with the labour charges anyway.
Old 13th March 2007, 21:41   #23
BANNED

Concorde Motors (Tata dealer) always gives the replaced parts back in the original packing where the MRP is clearly displayed. Their price list is also easily available to anyone who asks for it.
Old 13th March 2007, 21:43   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Recently, Fiat dealers are claiming that the company has advised them to put Motoreco engine and gear box treatment. Had Anuroop do that during my service in September. They charged Rs. 550 for engine treatment and Rs. 115 for gearbox treatment. Labour for the same was free though. Fellow Fiat owners, have your dealers done a similar thing?
I am sure Fiat strongly does not recommend addition of any engine oil additives. If the service center said Fiat recommended then they sure must have got it in writing from Fiat. Try and make them show the recommendation from Fiat in writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini View Post
Usually in my dustbin at home because I insist on the packaging and the failed / replaced part whenever anything is replaced
And how do you know that its not a package of a part that was replaced for some other persons car. Not every customer insists on having the worn out/broken part back.

Quote:
I am sure all ASC's return the replaced/broken part to the customer. I don't think that is a problem with any dealer or manufacturer. My Daewoo dealer, who was among the worst dealers anywhere in the world, Pilot Daewoo, Chembur (Pilot group again!) used to return the replaced parts too. Both Anuroop and Shaman Fiat do the same too. Anuroop and Shaman also call me up before replacing any part.
That is very nice of Anuroop and Shaman to do. Its always better to call the customer up before getting any part replaced. If Pilot/Anuroop/Shaman return each and every air filter/ oil filter / fuel filter to each and every customer who gets it replaced then its the best practice, otherwise ASC's have a big inventory of worn out parts from where they can get any defunct component if the customer insists on getting the old part back.
Old 13th March 2007, 21:57   #25
BHPian

Amit

Today I took my S10 to Anuroop at Malad, as I had some issues with the clutch, (probably slave cylinder leak) plus other minor issues, left the car at the services station.

And yes, even I was told about adding some additive to engine and gear , which according to them will improve performance. I think its just cross selling of a product along with regular service.(Thats the idea I got when they were pitching me this treatment) .
Old 13th March 2007, 22:03   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats an eye opener. Maruti stations display cost of labor and spares for standard items prominently. And I've checked that the billing amount doesnt deviate from whats publicized
Old 13th March 2007, 22:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a Hyundai service center in Kurla (which one?)
I think that would be Continental Hyundai
Old 13th March 2007, 23:06   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
sometimes it is more also. I had to replace aa AC vent in my esteem which costs about Rs.400 for which i was charged Rs.650/- as service charges because it involves removing the dash & fitting it back.

Sundaram Honda, Chennai charged Rs.450 for oil and charged Rs.500/- as labour for filling the oil.

It was highlighted by Shan2nu when I posted the bill for 40k service of Honda 1.5
Old 13th March 2007, 23:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
And how do you know that its not a package of a part that was replaced for some other persons car. Not every customer insists on having the worn out/broken part back.
Quote:
Concorde Motors (Tata dealer) always gives the replaced parts back in the original packing where the MRP is clearly displayed. Their price list is also easily available to anyone who asks for it.
it is that easy to cheat a discerning customer in these days of liberalisation. the customers are also so liberalised not to question the cheats. LOL
Old 13th March 2007, 23:18   #30
Team-BHP Support

Tata has a CMS system. So whenever any part is replaced the job code etc., is from a central database.
The only way for the A.S.S to cheat you now is to show a job which wasn't done(some cleaning, like silencer cleaning) or do a job which is not necessary.

Most Viewed