Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2020, 15:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: The Renault Triber AMT, now launched at 6.18 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Further, Renault omitted the creep function on Kwid AMT. This usually helps during the b2b traffic.
Sorry to let a Senior BHP-ian down, but the Kwid already comes with Traffic Assistance Mode (Creep mode in Renault speak). I have attached Screenshots from the Specifications page of the Kwid and from the Owner's Manual page mentioning about the Creep function below for your information updation.

The Renault Triber AMT, now launched at 6.18 lakhs-screenshot_20200514154446.png

The Renault Triber AMT, now launched at 6.18 lakhs-screenshot_20200514154947.png

Furthermore, I have observed in my Triber MT RXZ that if I leave the Clutch on level ground, the car does a consistent 7Km/Hr in forward mode and 8Km/Hr in reverse mode without any accelerator inputs.

The reverse speed is a little high for my comfort, but 7Km/Hr forward is as good as Creep function in AMT cars on start/stop traffic of the plains. Hope it helps!
AdityaDeane is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 17:43   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Sorry to let a Senior BHP-ian down, but the Kwid already comes with Traffic Assistance Mode (Creep mode in Renault speak). I have attached Screenshots from the
Thanks for correcting

Good to know its there. Maybe it was added later.

I vaguely remember reading this in the official review of the Kwid AMT.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 18:18   #18
BHPian

Scoop! Renault Triber AMT to be launched on May 18, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Thanks for correcting

Good to know its there. Maybe it was added later.

I vaguely remember reading this in the official review of the Kwid AMT.

It was not presently earlier. Added later on. This plus absense of manual mode was the biggest drawback. But, the creep mode is way to slow. It takes its own sweet time to kick in and you start to hear honks in that sweet time.
shravan2k2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 11:42   #19
BHPian

Today is 18th. Any news on the pricing / probable date by when the Triber AMT prices might be released?

Watching this space with interest as one of my friends is keen on purchasing this over the other 5 seaters at this price point.
Old 18th May 2020, 13:28   #20
BHPian

Renault launches AMT version of Triber in India, prices start at Rs 6.18 lakh

Quote:
Triber EASY-R AMT, which will be available in three variants RXL, RXT and RXZ at a price difference of Rs 40,000 above the respective manual transmission versions
Quote:
The three variants of the Triber EASY-R AMT is priced at Rs 6.18 lakh, Rs 6.68 lakh and Rs 7.22 lakh respectively
link

Last edited by Highh5 : 18th May 2020 at 13:29.
Highh5 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 14:40   #21
BHPian

Good pricing by Renault. A premium of 40k over the manual version is acceptable. I guess this might not increase the sales numbers significantly but a good option to attract buyers who might have completely ignored Triber due to lack of AT.
haneeshN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 14:57   #22
BHPian

Good pricing, though it would have really helped the case if the turbo petrol + AMT (or wishful thinking, a CVT) was also launched.

A bit disappointed that the wait still continues for my friend and a lot of others like him.

Last edited by ObsessedByFIAT : 18th May 2020 at 14:58.
ObsessedByFIAT is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 16:00   #23
BHPian

Along with premium of 40k which is reasonable, another good part is availability of AMT from RXL variant.
In many parts of India, entry level AMT would cost around 7 lac on road. This is just 1 lac premium over Celerio.
If someone wants to buy Tiago AMT, need to spend similar amount. Not comparing features and build quality / safety though.

Let’s hope unlike Kwid, manual mode is available, otherwise It would be a major minus point, as It’s a must have feature for inclines / slopes / two lane highways etc.

Last edited by Vishal.R : 18th May 2020 at 16:04.
Old 20th May 2020, 08:57   #24
BHPian

Re: The Renault Triber AMT, now launched at 6.18 lakhs

I was wondering, already renault has lame, noisy and non energetic energy engine.Now blunder of putting amt for such an engine for wonderful vehicle package.
Ideally car should have launched with turbo petrol to begin with. Again, it is wonderfull well thought car with non-energtic engine option.
navrddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 18:25   #25
BHPian

So, I did had a very small city test drive before the lockdown in Chennai. The car I'm talking about is the AMT version. Impressions from the 3km drive:

1. In comparison to the Kwid AMT, this one is better. I had never driven an AMT from other companies and so I cannot compare.
2. The gearbox wasn't smooth and the shifts are felt clearly.
3. The gear change is made at the 3000RPM range. Since the triber doesn't have a analog tachometer, I'm not sure of the exact values.
4. It struggles on inclines(bridge) and the engine roars above 4000rpm to make a gear change. But, it quickly downshifts whenever needed.
5. The creep function is the best part of the AMT and it is indeed a boon in city traffic.
6. The manual shift function is definitely needed and you cannot live without it on the hills from my view.

Since, I could not manage a comprehensive test ride, I'm unsure of how it works on the highways and hills. I feel that the engine is a little more refined than the BS4 iteration. Not sure, may be my car sounds harsh as it needs a service.

Verdict: Now, the cheapest people mover has become easy to drive in the city. Again, it will just move you from A to B and nothing amazing for enthusiasm.
Jagann13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 18:45   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

A comprehensive look at the Triber AMT by Auto Trend's DJ Bro:

RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2020, 10:18   #27
Senior - BHPian

Has any BHP-ian bought the Triber AMT in any of the available variants? If yes, an Ownership Review of the same would be really helpful.
Old 16th August 2020, 11:05   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Has any BHP-ian bought the Triber AMT in any of the available variants? If yes, an Ownership Review of the same would be really helpful.
I came reasonably close to considering it, in the sense that I took a Test Drive, largely based on your wonderful Ownership Review of the Manual, Aditya. I like how the car looks, and for the two-person family that is mine, using it as a 5-seater crossover with humongous boot-space is how I was looking at it. With my running as low as 2000 km per year now, I was happy to look for a budget car. Sadly, the experience was very underwhelming.

The young lady in charge of the TD was knowledgeable enough but was constrained by whatever the showroom had decided: they could not offer a TD at my home in Hinjewadi so I had to make my way to the showroom myself (I had Ford, Honda and even Toyota show up at my place in the same week, so PPS Renault, Baner have definitely got their policies wrong), a short TD along the service-road of NH-48 around the showroom was all I was allowed "because the BS6 TD cars are not registered" (yes, they really said that). So a short 4 km TD is all I was allowed. I overlooked all this nonsense but had to give up once I started driving.

The AMT experience is really poor, sadly. Pick-up was concealed, let's call it. Head-nod was so severe it felt like body-nod. Maybe because all my other Test Drives in the period were either the EcoSport TC or the City/Yaris CVTs or the Seltos/Creta/Venue DCTs and I was really terrible at adapting to the AMT. That is very much possible. But with so little power available to play with, I simply had to floor the accelerator to feel like I was TD-ing a new car. I should have tried the Manual mode, would have definitely felt better with that, based again on your drives through the Himalayan foothills, but that would have beaten the purpose of trying the AMT, which I basically considered because Mrs. P has promised me she'll start driving if we buy an automatic.

Anyway, overall the pros of the car remain in place: wonderful packaging, good build quality, looks nice and reasonably imposing, and I particularly liked all the various storage areas (especially the two cooled ones). It's definitely an option to be considered by those that would otherwise opt for a budget hatch from the Maruti/Hyundai/Tata stables, apart from those looking for an MUV of course. The AMT launch without the Turbo engine though seems to be too big a con at the very heart of the product.

Last edited by Punatic : 16th August 2020 at 11:24.
Punatic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 17:19   #29
BHPian

Autocar India review of the Triber AMT

JithinR is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks