Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2020, 18:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra introduces contactless service for customers. EDIT: Maruti as well

Mahindra has introduced a zero contact service experience for its customers. The carmaker has also resumed operations at select showrooms and workshops.

Mahindra introduces contactless service for customers. EDIT: Maruti as well-mahindra-contactless-service-infographic.jpg

According to the company, customers will not be required to handle any paper documents, cash or payment machines while getting their vehicles serviced.

All repair information and records will be available through the 'With You Hamesha' mobile app. Customers will be able to view their repair orders including the parts used, job operations carried out and other costs. Approvals for the job and payments can also be done online.

Mahindra introduces contactless service for customers. EDIT: Maruti as well-mahindra-service-centre-2.jpg

Additionally, the CustomerLIVE feature will enable customers to view a live stream of the recommended repairs. Whenever required, service advisors will go live with customers over video to explain the repairs identified during vehicle examination.

Service related documents and updates will be shared with customers via WhatsApp (With You Hamesha’s WhatsApp account – 7208071495).

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 00:34   #2
BHPian

re: Mahindra introduces contactless service for customers. EDIT: Maruti as well

A good and thougtful initiative. Just reminds me of the saying, desperate times need desparate measures!
If this contactless service gains momentum I see other car manufacturers following suit in future.
Storm2.0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 03:21   #3
BHPian

I wonder how 'contactless' it really is in essence since COVID19 can last for a while on surfaces. They provide pick up and drop and then at the workshop multiple engineers are going to work on the car based on the issues called out on the job card. Hopefully, they will wipe the car clean and then someone drops off the car and then do they wipe it off again at our place?

Good initiative for marketing but I doubt its effectiveness especially when you cannot backtrack and pin point the source of infection. But yeah, does wonders for marketing.
Old 14th May 2020, 12:24   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Other manufacturers are going to pick this up too. Dealers make a lot of money from servicing, and they can't let this revenue stream get impacted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar View Post
Good initiative for marketing but I doubt its effectiveness especially when you cannot backtrack and pin point the source of infection. But yeah, does wonders for marketing.
I think the manufacturer is doing all that it can (pickup & drop, digital paperwork, whatsapp & video updates etc.). But end of the day, when the car comes back, it is absolutely your responsibility to ensure it is clean before you or your family sit in it. Many tips in the corona-proofing your car thread.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2020, 19:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Maruti issues safety guidelines for service centres

Maruti Suzuki has issued safety guidelines for its workshops and service centres. The carmaker has over 3,800 service centres across 1,914 cities.

Mahindra introduces contactless service for customers. EDIT: Maruti as well-serviceinfographic.jpg

According to Maruti Suzuki, more than 80,000 workshop staff have been trained to follow safety and hygiene measures. Their health will be monitored and their health parameters will be recorded through a wellness app, which works in conjunction with the Aarogya Setu app.

The entire Maruti Suzuki service network will adopt contactless service processes. Customers will be able to schedule service online and through the Maruti care app. Capturing of customer demanded repairs, online approval of job card, E-invoicing, etc. will be done through mobile. Payments can also be done digitally. Maruti has also introduced paperless digital service manuals.

Service staff will wear protective safety gear at all times. The car keys and vehicles will be sanitised when the car is picked up for service and dropped back. Service advisors will use disposable seat cover, steering cover and gear lever knob before sitting in the car. The vehicle and key will again be disinfected before handing over to the customer while maintaining social distance at all the times. The customer lounge will also be disinfected at regular intervals and hand sanitizers will be made available.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 01:55   #6
BHPian

Re: Mahindra introduces contactless service for customers. EDIT: Maruti as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

Maruti Suzuki has issued safety guidelines for its workshops and service centres. The carmaker has over 3,800 service centres across 1,914 cities.
Just checking what was the exact timeline when they issued these safety guidelines. If it is in the last 1-2 days, then why were the service centers were functional from last one week.

Another thing, is it written anywhere who will borne the charges of car fumigation and what would be the actual cost. Asking that, because I was charged for the same last week when I get my Baleno serviced from NEXA. Not even that they even charge me 1.5% extra for the card payment, so much for the premium experience.
Old 16th May 2020, 07:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All repair information and records will be available through the 'With You Hamesha' mobile app. Customers will be able to view their repair orders including the parts used, job operations carried out and other costs. Approvals for the job and payments can also be done online.
This has always been the case. The only difficulty so far has been that appointments made with the Hamesha app haven't always shown up in the dealer's records, I've occasionally had to take my car back a day later after making another appointment. Billing and service records have always been available on the app regardless of which dealer you do this service at.

Not all manufacturers - some have dealer level history, so that if you service your Ford at dealer X in 2018 and then go back there in 2020, he'll ask you why you haven't serviced the car for two years.
Old 16th May 2020, 08:12   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The GM of MASS here had informed me around 1st May that they may start work from 4th of May. But due to local administration, it got delayed by 2 days. He had said that they'll be starting with about 30% workforce. They had been instructed to use alternate bays for work and strict social distancing to be maintained. Pickup and drop facilities are also being provided and service is strictly by appointment only. The customer lounge has been closed. But here, the public in spite of need to put on mask roams around without mask. I told them to put a notice that if anyone comes without mask, car will not be attended to.

I had sent my Wagon R for service on 11th May for 8 year service. My driver had taken the car as I did not want them to start suggesting me numerous repairs. The car was attended to promptly and SA spoke to me. After test drive, I got a message with the Job Card number as well as the details of proposed repairs as well as estimate. I had to again speak to him regarding the works that need to be done as he was suggesting works in tune of 25K which included changing all shock absorbers as well as some suspension parts. I asked him to do mainly the engine work and keep the car in city worthy condition. Once approved, work was started and completed on time. Payment was online, no cash is being accepted now.

Mahindra introduces contactless service for customers. EDIT: Maruti as well-screenshot_20200516080435__01__01.jpg

Mahindra introduces contactless service for customers. EDIT: Maruti as well-screenshot_20200516080450__01__01.jpg

The challenges faced by the workshop here are -
  • People not following rules like putting on mask.
  • Not taking prior appointment.
  • People forcibly opening the customer lounge.
  • People insisting on paying cash.

These challenges would be at other places also but I feel that rules should be enforced strictly.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 16th May 2020 at 08:13.

Most Viewed