View Poll Results: Hot or Not?
Hot 321 72.13%
Not 124 27.87%
Voters: 445. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12th June 2020, 11:49   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6

HOT !!!

If you have a parking space big enough for it. And not planning to Daily Drive it, the Accord would be a good buy. Ofcourse, parts will be expensive, but as a weekend car it is a good choice.

Infact my buddy is looking to buy a V6 when he gets his next posting. Since he is in the army, commuting would be next to nil, and this would be a perfect weekend ride.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 14:15   #62
BHPian

May be this post is not a 100% match to the topic, sorry for that! Mods: If it needs to be shifted , please do that excusing my inexperience in posts.

Intention is to give a daily drivers feedback for all potential V6 aspirants.

This is my 3rd year with the last V6 model sold by HONDA in international market. I bought my Accord V6 SPORT in 2017 just before the new model with turbo engines came in.

I am absolutely in love with the car. This was supposed to be my only car in Dubai, so I had taken the decision based on practicality, power ,features and reliability.

I have two kids and weekend runs are with strollers in the boot, i never faced a space issue.In my view, this is one of the best car with perfect space utilization .Rear is providing more than enough comfort with great seats and enough space for 4. Lot of storage inside the cabin and boot is humongous.

The ride is highly stable and planted feel is reassuring even at 160+ speeds. Sport mode is a boon when it comes to uneven roads or a quick drive with tight steerings and charged up breaks ready to stop the car with small press.
Breaking is much better than many much more expensive cars I drove here which is comforting.

Accord keep its composure while taking a quick U turn or an exit. Car comes with a six speed automatic, not CVT. This improves long term reliability as well as the drivability. A slight jerkiness can be felt below 25 kmph which is not a thing to worry about as per my opinion.

Fuel efficiency is fantastic during long drives as per " indian standards" , a full tank is giving me around 850-900 km (13-14.5kmpl) with cylinder shutdown feature in cruise. City drives will be giving around 450 km (7-8 kmpl) with a V6 is fantastic in my opinion.

Honda sensing gives you adaptive cruise control,auto breaks- Pedestrian/cycle detection, lane watch etc.Car keeps a third eye open while driving through busy streets or even while on long highways.You can let the car steer itself for few seconds (9-10 sec i guess) for a quick bite or a quick glance at the phone (Strictly not advisable though!) while on adaptive cruise control with lane watch on. It won't hit any car in front or a pedestrian trying to cross suddenly without breaking or warning is a great feature at this price.

If any of you have a slightest confusion of owning one,ignore it and just buy. It won't disappoint you in any manner unless you need a real sporty car with an expensive badge on it!

The photos are taken with a mobile and not of great quality.

In day light with all LED's - Not even a single bulb in this car , all LED's which is super cool at night!
Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6-20200524_190945.jpg

The lovely-proportionate side profile

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6-20200524_191136.jpg

All black interiors with twin Displays- lane watch is good but I prefer a blind spot indicator in OVRMS !

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6-20200524_191332.jpg

Great alloys with 18 inch.
Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6-20200524_191556.jpg

Amazing Headlights! Bright even in super bright Dubai streets at night.
Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6-20200524_191944.jpg

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6-20200524_192024.jpg

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6-20200524_192132.jpg

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6-20200524_192204.jpg

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6-20200524_192238.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6-fb_img_1521195157970.jpg  

born2drive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 16:21   #63
Senior - BHPian

Having owned the cousin of this car - I have the 2.4 AT, I would say that Honda reliability is not what it used to be. Cheap plastic parts that fail, minor niggles (AC clutch failure, starter giving up, belt tensioner replacement, Re-circulation mode going kaput, now driveshaft replacement etc) I would want any serious owner to keep maybe a lakh / year aside if the car will see reasonable use.

Honda India service will also not support you if something major happens...even if the dealers are a decent lot.

I currently own 4 cars (yes, I manage somehow with parking).

Baleno Lxi (the Old model with 1.6 liter engine)

Accord 2.4AT

Sonata 2.4AT

Innova Vx

Of all the cars, the Innova has been used the max (181,000 kms) and has been the most reliable and cheapest to maintain.

Baleno and Sonata have similar reliability. Baleno is now in its 16th year and has not ever let us down, there have been just 2 clutch replacements over the years.

My views on some items (yes cars are from different classes but I am the owner so I can compare if I want)

Handling : Baleno > Sonata > Accord > Innova

Ride :
Baleno > Innova > Accord > Sonata (innova is better on really rough roads)

FE : Baleno (13 city / 17 highway) > Innova (10 city / 14 highway) > Accord (7 city / 12 highway) > Sonata (7 city / 11 highway) . Highway driving is a steady 100 kmph approx.

Straight line Performance : Sonata (200bhp) > Accord (181bhp) > Baleno (94bhp) > Innova (102 bhp)

Driving Pleasure : Baleno > Accord > Innova > Sonata (I don't like the overall driving position of sonata)

Reliability : Innova > Baleno > Sonata > Accord

Interiors : Sonata > Accord > Innova > Baleno

Big Car Feel (interior space etc around you): Accord > Innova > Sonata > Baleno

Safety : Accord (Tank like front doors, 6 airbags / ABS / Traction Control) > Sonata (a bit less than accord but 6 airbags / ABS / Traction control) > Innova (Only 2 airbags / ABS) > Baleno (no Airbags / no ABS

Voted no for the V6 as the handling and gearbox might not do justice to the engine power.

Last edited by Buffetfan : 12th September 2020 at 16:31.
Buffetfan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 17:50   #64

I had finalised a deal to purchase a used Maruti Suzuki Kizashi unfortunately the owner's family has been detected with COVID19. May they recover soon.
A few days back I came across the Honda Accord V6 which has astounding specifications that almost match the German brands.
I have never driven this car so don't have much information about it.
So how does the Accord V6 3/3.5 stack against the Kizashi?
I'd request my fellow BHPians to assist me with this task 🙏🏼

Most Viewed