Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2020, 21:46   #16
BHPian

Re: Amaron takes a Covid-19 shot at Exide batteries

How could Amaron miss this though! Even the Reds now have Green!
Attached Thumbnails
Amaron takes a Covid-19 shot at Exide batteries-images.jpeg  

Old 27th May 2020, 16:27   #17
BHPian

“When the Product is just right, you don’t have to be a great Marketer”. –
Seth Godin

Speaking of the Red (EXIDE) and green (AMARON) zones .I was planning to share my experience on the forum .This happened to me a couple of days ago. Today I just saw this thread.

A little history before I share my experience.

I had the company fitted Exide battery replaced exactly two years ago in my 2015 Honda City on the 23rd of March 2018 with the AMARON Pro battery. This was done after a lot of research on my part and of course a lot of read up in our forum too.

I got the battery fitted at the Amaron main dealer:
FORTUNE SALES NETWORK (AMARON PITSTOP).
Address: 9, Ghatkopar Sewri Wadala Road, Patil Wadi Govandi East,Chembur,Mumbai – 400070,Maharashtra.
The owner of the shop was Mr. Irshad Shaikh with telephone number: 9821027667.
He told me then if ever you need help just give me a call.

I always have a habit of checking with the dealer whoever fits the battery in my car every year but this year, well “The Lock down” came on the 24th of March and so that didn’t happen.I had given in my car for service in January all was checked by my trusted SA and was well.

Now coming to the lockdown, since March after the lockdown every once or twice a week, I started the car moved it back and forth so as to protect the tyres from damage at the same time all checks were done after taking off the cover. I keep it covered now so as to avoid dust, dirt, dropping, etc due to non use. I dry wash twice a month besides driving once in 15-20 days for all errands for about 6 Kms each time.

Now coming to the fateful day

On the 21st of May, I needed to run errands as usual, so after making all my calls and setting up pick-ups from my grocer, medical and essentials shops. I took off the cover to start the car and all was KAPUT. The locking system didn’t work, used the key opened the car and sat in put the key in the ignition and nothing happened. ALL DEAD.

I couldn’t find the dealer’s number so called the anytime toll free number but they were not much help with the current situation and told me to contact my dealer. In frustration then, I goggled and got his number.
I called him but his phone was busy so what’s aped him all my details, info and the warranty card.

Viola, within a couple of hours got a message back from him asking what was the situation and condition of my car , if I had forgotten the lights on or if there was an alternator problem. I gave him all the detailed run up to that day and also mentioned to him I have aged parents and need my car in-case of emergency.

He then asked me my good name to which I said “Dr…” The moment I said doctor, he said, " I will do everything in my power to help you. Even though my shop is closed due to lockdown, I will see that your car gets started." He even kept in contact with me till 10:30 PM setting up an appointment to get my car done the next morning.

The next day his person came at prompt 11 am. He checked my car battery asked me a couple of question then jumped started my car with a spare battery. He opened the chambers to check inside. He also checked the charge before and after the start of the vehicle and disconnected the negative port on the battery, car kept running.

What is more both the service guy as well as Irshad called to enquire about my vehicle the next day.

This, I call service. I really do not know what I did in my life to get prompt help like this .The person came all the way from Chembur to check and bring my car back to life and also got a call after that to find out how my car was.

"Be nice to people... maybe it'll be unappreciated, unreciprocated, or ignored, but spread the love anyway. We rise by lifting others.”
― Germany Kent

P.S. I am in no way advertising or have any motive with this post .Just an experience of great service when the chips are down.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th May 2020 at 06:32. Reason: Punctuation
ToothyPetrohead is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 19:02   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I generally like smartly made ads. And if really well made - the ad campaigns actually have an impact on me & even turn me away from my patronized brands.

In this case though, I somehow didn't like this personalized dig. Idea is smart & full marks to the one who devised it of course. But then - I felt it to be a bit under the belt. I have usually suggested friends & family to go with Amaron if available so far. At the same time - my own batteries have often been Exide for one reason or the other (All cars have come from factory with Exide and they have lasted fine). For my next change, I had made up my mind to specifically go for an Amaron.

After seeing this ad campaign - the brain just toggled a switch independently. I heard a decision in the head, I'm sticking with Exide! I have no clue why. It just is going to be so. Weird!

(P.S. - I think I am hating Amaron for using a the background of a lethal pandemic for own business. Covid19 is killing thousands of people. I think it would have been better to show some respect to the situation & not to use it for business purposes.)

Last edited by Reinhard : 27th May 2020 at 19:04.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 21:27   #19
BHPian

Call me less enthusiast today!
Only after reading on this thread did I came to know that Amaron is an Indian Brand. Its a surprise for me as I had never thought of a battery other than Exide.

For the Ad, I think its going to damage the image of the product itself with regards to safety. When have Lead Acid batteries started to be considered unsafe as compared to Li-ion ones?

They should have gone ahead with current 'Swadeshi Movement' being an Indian brand.

As of now I am going with not Red or Green but Blue - SF Sonic. Its an Exide with nearly 15% less price!
Exide has acquired its Taloja Plant and both are manufactured in same plant and come out in Red and Blue.
Old 28th May 2020, 11:00   #20
BHPian

Another one right here on team bhp.
Amaron takes a Covid-19 shot at Exide batteries-screenshot_20200528105919_facebook.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks