Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2020, 22:58   #76
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb facelift launched at Rs. 29.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
Did I hear - “The DSG is not as good as a TC AT, especially at lower speeds when it comes to gear changing, but that is not a deal breaker...”
I for one don't see anything wrong with that statement. Been living with a DSG for seven years and >1 L Kms, and low speed rides/ crawls are not really its forte. It's altogether a different matter when you get an even short open road.
drpudhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 23:02   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
Did I hear - “The DSG is not as good as a TC AT, especially at lower speeds when it comes to gear changing, but that is not a deal breaker...”
Always the case with all DSG's. Be it VW or any other. At lower speeds the DSG slips the clutch unlike a TC which has viscous coupling and overcomes the initial lag easier.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 12:14   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Haha, no wand-waving yet. I have 50% NCB which I can apply + any quote from Coverfox will be much cheaper than Skoda. Also knocked off the accessories (overpriced), depot charges (illegal) and the Drive Assure options. Already makes things more sane.

I am looking to buy the Skoda Superb 2.0 TSI L&K in Mumbai and have been haggling with the dealers (Autobahn & JMD) on the price. I have just heard from them that they have started rolling out discounts on both the Sportline and L&K variants. It goes like:

For L&K - flat INR 2.5 lakhs discount on On Road Price - the number I was given was INR 37.24 including the zero depreciation insurance cost. Once I receive the break up and crystallize and lock the number, I will update the forum.

For Sportline - flat INR 2 Lakhs discount on On Road Price. I did not bother to go into the details - but I suppose that Sportline will be more attractive at this price point offering great value at this price.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd August 2020 at 12:18.
civilizedguy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 19:23   #79
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civilizedguy View Post
I have just heard from them that they have started rolling out discounts on both the Sportline and L&K variants.
Its not even been 3 months since they launched the facelift & they've started dishing out discounts! Good time to be a buyer in that segment I guess.
Old 4th August 2020, 10:07   #80
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Superb Sportline review

Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 13:04   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
If I had not gotten the Kodiaq earlier this year and knew there would be a lockdown, my purchase post lockdown would no longer be a SUV. Since the Kodiaq diesel is gone, I would have gone for the Superb Sportline eyes closed.
Why do you say that? Isn’t the additional GC and last row still an advantage over the Superb?

Quote:
Besides, Skoda have a huge gap now with no Octavia so this Sportline I am sure is priced cutting their margins out only to fill that gap.
Really pity folks in the market right now. Assume they start with the Seltos having all the gizmos, but then a few lakhs more gives a simply clever pano roofed- CBU Karoq, little bit more of a stretch gets a very vfm Sportline with a better gearbox and multilink, although if you really want sporty why not a tad more for the actually sporty VRS which also comes in the sexy red. Damn but then a true sports sedan is rwd so why not go the whole hog and get the Sports version of the new 330i. Man oh man but stretch just that much more and get the beastly yet practical 530d. This is probably how car nuts end up broke.

Quote:
I love this new updated 2.0L TSI Sportline trim. They got it right this time imo.
+1. Too bad they skimped on the red colour. If the 360 cam can be fitted at the dealer then this really is as close to perfection as it gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Lol, the mental gymnastics these guys go through to avoid saying something bad outright. Every negative prefaced by a “but xyz”. “Is black and claustrophobic, doesn’t have a back seat usb port in 2020, but I’m nitpicking”. Then the gems like “It has a small screen for the class but it helps with the minimalism that we want in driver focused cars”. Art critic moonlighting as a car reviewer?
Iyencar is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 14:12   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
This is probably how car nuts end up broke.
Correct! I should have been driving a sensible 10 year old Honda City (top-end mind you!), rather than my journey from an Aveo to Cruze to Octavia TSI to 330i Sport.

One of my neighbours has done just that, and miraculously bought a buy-to-let duplex in a nearby apartment.
itwasntme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 15:26   #83
BHPian

Does anyone know how good the 8 speaker system in the sportline is vs. the 12-speaker canton system in the L&K? Is it the same as the one in karoq?
Old 4th August 2020, 17:14   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
These reviews are getting seriously half baked more often than ever. Skoda PR has always been consistent with reviewers showing the cars in full grandeur despite its flaws, but seriously, they need to do thorough journalism and not term flaws and missed opportunities as "nit-picking". Just say it, its not a complete package after all.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 17:34   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda, unfortunately, or fortunately for the few people who constitute its core fan-base, remains quintessentially, European even in India, some pluses and minuses according to me :

+ Best in price-range interior quality, once you touch a high-end Skoda's interiors, only the German 3 will please you next (although Mercedes and BMW interiors creak more than a Skoda).

+ Practical, or atleast it used to be, whether it was the Fabia, Laura, the Yeti, the Rapid, Superb etc, Skoda is known to put thoughtful features and gadgets to put to shame Hyundai, the first gen Laura and Fabia were having features no car 2 times the price had in those times.

+ Value for money overall, since Skodas don't sell well, discounts are always abundant, so the on-road price is mostly a deal.

- Seat comfort is among the worst I've experienced (personal opinion only), granite filling covered with hard, stiff, easily cracking leather. VERY hard.

- Equally hard suspension, crunches bad roads with ease at higher speeds but in city speeds the thuds and bangs are aplenty.

- Reliability and service experience is a roulette wheel.

I prefer the second gen curvy Superb which actually looked like a limousine, now the design is just too much like the Rapid or Octavia, just longer with added kinks. Present VW and Skoda cars are also left behind in terms of kit and tech. The first gen Laura and Fabia and the 2nd gen Superb will always be a design favorite for me before they went straight lines & quartz cut.
dark.knight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 12:44   #86
BHPian

Hello Fellow BHPians, I want to share my experience with the new SKODA Superb.
So I was really confused between SKODA Superb sportline & Skoda Karoq (Both had 5 Lakh difference in price, which I wouldn’t have mind paying for much better car).

Firstly, I want to clarify that I live in the NCR & roads here aren’t very good (Especially very bad during the monsoon period like this). So I was little skeptical about going with a low sedan like superb (still I thought of giving it a shot due that 2.0 TSI engine only, which should be faster than the 1.5 TSI).

ALSO, I test drove SUPERB L&K (not the sportline), but there are enough similarities between the 2 to make a decision. As soon as the car came home, I immediately took it to the usual roads via which I commute on regular basis. Roads are good but they have unscientifically designed speed breakers (speciality of India). The car did scrape its underbelly quite a few times (even the SKODA’s salesperson asked me to be extra careful on such bumps with a car like this).
The Indian Superb has a ground clearance of about 164mm (similar to my Ameo 1.5 TDI DSG), but it’s wheel base is very long, due to which it does scrape its underbelly a lot, even on average size Speed breakers (I was having this problem with my Ameo as well, but it wasn’t this bad).
Rest everything was excellent. Interior quality, looks of the car, space, features & the performance. Man in moves (0-100 in 7.7 seconds).
But Here I want to point out that 2.0 TSI doesn’t come with ACT (active cylinder activation) tech which is there only in 1.5 TSI EVO engines (found in Troc & Karoq). Due to this, Superb is particularly a gas guzzler (Expect around 10 Kmpl mileage at best). But this was a non issue for me as Ihave my diesel cars for doing all the long commutes.
One more thing I found surprisingly bad on the Superb was it’s headlights. Now don’t get me wrong, they do the job just fine, but they aren’t matrix LED’s which Superb has already received in Foreign markets. In India we still get Bi-Xenons (even Karoq had LEDs with eyelash detailing, which looks way better and have superior throw as well). I’m including photos of the same below.

Missing features in Superb Sportline (Compared to Superb L&K):

1) Boss seat functionality
2) No ventilated seats
3) No virtual pedal for boot (although sportline does have electric tailgate)
4) No drive mode selection option in sportline
5) No Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
6) No iBuzzer with Fatigue alert system
7) No SKODA logo projection under front doors
8) No 12 speaker Canton sound system (sportline has same 8 speaker system found in Karoq)
9) No Sleep package for rear seats in sportline
10) No metallic paint options in Sportline Superb

After testing Superb, I went ahead and test drove the Karoq. It didn’t have ground clearance issues obviously (200mm), but it had some omissions like 1.5 TSI isn’t as quick as 2.0 TSI obviously (0-100 in Karoq is 9 seconds, so 1.3 seconds slower than the Superb), no electric tailgate & Co-passengers Seat & no 3rd zone Climate control.
But the things I liked in the Karoq were:
1) Waaaaaay bigger panoramic sunroof (looks super dope, it’s even bigger than Endeavour’s sunroof which I also test drove later), looks cool that’s it (no functionality in India).
2) 9 airbags(Vs 8 in Superb), rest safety features were similarly between the 2.
3) Headlights response & appearance (already discussed)
4)Fuel efficiency(if you care about that), as it has ACT, so you can get 13 kmpl out of it.

Rest everything between Superb sportline & Karoq were exactly the same: the interior quality, use of soft touch materials inside, similar chrome detailing, host of safety tech, similar infotainment & virtual cockpit (in superb sportline), etc.

Here are the notes of my thorough testing of the 2 new SKODAs (which helped me take the final call):

Skoda Superb facelift launched at Rs. 29.99 lakh-66c1411b7fca4bdea2a59d4ad4969c4f.jpeg

Skoda Superb facelift launched at Rs. 29.99 lakh-c9573e197e014c8598d041ec57226252.jpeg

Skoda Superb facelift launched at Rs. 29.99 lakh-935bcd28a5cb4ec6b93b12f9c52a70aa.jpeg

Skoda Superb facelift launched at Rs. 29.99 lakh-04673688f0e84925be1f19c2abf0823f.jpeg

Skoda Superb facelift launched at Rs. 29.99 lakh-a5519c8fedcd4b65bfa625cc1f25ae90.jpeg

Skoda Superb facelift launched at Rs. 29.99 lakh-ab201bbc3ae4458b8fa8644e0384e92c.jpeg

Skoda Superb facelift launched at Rs. 29.99 lakh-9dd77a16ecb340bfb30647099f14db35.jpeg

Skoda Superb facelift launched at Rs. 29.99 lakh-b285175caa2140d881678caf79311e40.jpeg

Skoda Superb facelift launched at Rs. 29.99 lakh-f42da9a008df4d079f67e37a6ad85fe4.jpeg

Finally I ended up buying the Karoq as it suited my needs well. You can read about my experience here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...-review-7.html (Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review)

I hope this post helped you guys clear some of the doubts regarding these 2 cars

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th August 2020 at 21:36. Reason: Removed unwanted use of bold fonts and underlining. Affects readability.
Parth Oomphy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 17:21   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civilizedguy View Post
For L&K - flat INR 2.5 lakhs discount on On Road Price - the number I was given was INR 37.24 including the zero depreciation insurance cost. Once I receive the break up and crystallize and lock the number, I will update the forum.

For Sportline - flat INR 2 Lakhs discount on On Road Price. I did not bother to go into the details - but I suppose that Sportline will be more attractive at this price point offering great value at this price.
Test drove the Superb in Chandigarh.

Discounts on offer by Chandigarh dealer -
L&K: 1 lac cash discount plus free service package for 4 years
Sportline: 50K cash discount plus free service package for 4 years

Did you finalize your deal? Please do share the final discount that you were able to negotiate.

Thanks.
Cavityavenger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 19:19   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavityavenger View Post
Test drove the Superb in Chandigarh.

Discounts on offer by Chandigarh dealer -
L&K: 1 lac cash discount plus free service package for 4 years
Sportline: 50K cash discount plus free service package for 4 years

Did you finalize your deal? Please do share the final discount that you were able to negotiate.

Thanks.
I am still negotiating with them. Below is the quoted price:

L&K

Ex-Showroom - 32,99,000
TCS - 24,743
Skoda Insurance - 132600
Fast Tag - 600
Depot - 15,000
Essential Kit - 24,648
Registration costs - 4,39,997
Drive Assure - 37,572
Skoda maintenance package - 1,19,999
ON ROAD - 40,94,159
Discount - 2,50,000
TOTAL - 38,44,150

I am trying to do away with depot services and get a discount on Skoda maintenance package and upgrade to Drive Assure Elite.

Can anyone tell me if the insurance cost quoted above is kosher? Skoda insurance includes 1 year comprehensive insurance + third party liability.

Do share the break up of the quote if you manage to close the deal.
civilizedguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 13:22   #89
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Superb Sportline and L&K, which one to choose

Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 00:00   #90
BHPian

I too have been drooling over the Superb for some time now, particularly more so after narrowly missing out on the 230RS.

The new engine and the gearbox certainly seals the deal over the previous version (the limited torque on petrol DSG was baffling) and is a decent enough update. No complaints on the features spread across models too. I am looking at the sportline model over L&K, as back interiors look wayyy too sporty and easy to maintain (after my last brush with black & beige combo on another Skoda). The deal does appear quite tasteful, although seeing the two quotations available here (from Bengaluru and Mumbai) and comparing with the quote at Jodhpur (attached), I am quite puzzled with quotes for the insurance and the 4 year maintenance package, along with the inclusions in the so-called essential accessory package.

So while depot and accessory charges were dropped at the first call, the deal offered so far (though still waiting for test drive and further negotiation) is INR 33.70L OTR for sportline model, which includes the insurance, drive assure and Skoda 4 year maintenance package (which somehow is listed at less than half the price from Mumbai).

Doing some backward calculation, they seem to be offering the car for ex-showroom + TCS + registration charges, and covering for insurance and maintenance package in name of the discount (which can come out to be 1.5L or 2L depending on how much can one negotiate for insurance outside).

Although I discarded L&K completely, they seem to be offering it very close to the ex-showroom price here (35.7L OTR). my reason is the same car is available for less and i hate the chrome package on the outside, the back treatment on sportline looks amazing. Two killer items on sportline are the virtual cockpit and the unique shades of RS230 - race blue and steel grey. Just loved both shades on the 230RS and they look astonishingly awesome with the back exterior treatment – I am seriously confused which one to pick among the two shades.

Will keep you posted if it gets sweetened more and if I finally decide to take the plunge (just to mention, my offer has been 30L OTR ), though thinking i may close it at 31L or 32L OTR, all inclusive.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SUPERB PRICELIST.pdf (375.1 KB, 278 views)
On the Move is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks