Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 25th October 2020, 20:32   #121
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Superb facelift launched at Rs. 29.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyushB View Post
Need some help everyone. I have been offered 25 l onroad for a demo Superb 2019 L&k model in UP with 4600 kms. Is it Worth buying?
My opinion - Stay away from the demo cars. 25L isn't a small amount of money to spend and spending it on a car that has been driven willy nilly since day 1 doesn't seem like the right thing. Maybe even wait for the first quarter of '21 and check out the new '21 Octavia.
manku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 01:01   #122
BHPian

Hi Manku - Hope you've been enjoying your new ride. Waiting eagerly for your initial month of ownership experience.

Cheers,
Sanju
SanjuInGgn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 11:43   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Need some help everyone. I have been offered 25 l onroad for a demo Superb 2019 L&k model in UP with 4600 kms. Is it Worth buying?
As a general thumb rule, I would avoid demo cars.
However, this could make sense if the dealer is willing to offer you the full factory warranty plus the option of an extended pack.

For Skoda, I believe you can buy extended warranty till 1,50,000kms or 6 years. So if you want to buy this demo car make sure you buy the extended warranty pack too. Or ask the dealer to include that in the cost of the car to sweeten the deal. This way you will at least be covered if something were to fail on your car.

If the car is clean (no repair jobs, no re-painting) then you can go ahead with this deal.
Old 10th November 2020, 12:48   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
My opinion - Stay away from the demo cars. 25L isn't a small amount of money to spend and spending it on a car that has been driven willy nilly since day 1 doesn't seem like the right thing. Maybe even wait for the first quarter of '21 and check out the new '21 Octavia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
As a general thumb rule, I would avoid demo cars.
=======
If the car is clean (no repair jobs, no re-painting) then you can go ahead with this deal.
On showing my reluctance to buy the car, the dealer has lowered the asking price to 22 L. Now this steep drop in price is makes it a really Tempting offer, but is also making me suspicious about the vehicle.
AyushB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 16:29   #125
BHPian

Quote:
On showing my reluctance to buy the car, the dealer has lowered the asking price to 22 L. Now this steep drop in price is makes it a really Tempting offer, but is also making me suspicious about the vehicle.
At this price its definitely a steal, but tread extremely cautiously, as just by say word of mouth that a fabulous luxury sedan costing upwards of 30 lacs++ is now being offered at 25L (or now 22l) it would have been sold by now, there seems to be more than meets the eye here.
Old 10th November 2020, 19:04   #126
BHPian

Default Skoda Superb facelift launched at Rs. 29.99 lakh

Quote:

Demo car will still require registration. Did you check if this is on-road price or ex-showroom? I guess it is ex-showroom most probably as it is very unlikely that you will get a demo car at almost half the price with so little running on odo.
Old 10th November 2020, 19:36   #127
BHPian

I've picked up 2 display cars, both german earlier and never regretted a pinch. In fact they made for fantastic deals and when you sell them, that is when you really realise how much you've saved on an almost brand new car.
Needless to say, due diligence is to be done.
Karan_n8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 20:44   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
Demo car will still require registration. Did you check if this is on-road price or ex-showroom? I guess it is ex-showroom most probably as it is very unlikely that you will get a demo car at almost half the price with so little running on odo.
Itís on road price. The dealer got it registered in his name at BS6 deadline.
AyushB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 11:12   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Itís on road price. The dealer got it registered in his name at BS6 deadline.
Wow. On-road at 22L is an absolute steal. That is practically 15L+ discount. Definitely worth taking a shot if you can do the due diligence and like others said, please buy the skoda maintenance package and the extended warranty.
Old 11th November 2020, 12:48   #130
BHPian

Quote:
What about the warranty?
Is the dealer given any sort of warranty pack over and above the standard factory warranty?

Get the most possible warranty and you are sorted.

If not, then only go for this deal if you have a high risk appetite. What I mean by that is that you have another car at home if this car sits at the service centre and you are willing to gamble on a low initial price knowing that you might have to fork out some money in unexpected repairs on a relatively new car sometime in the near future.
Old 11th November 2020, 13:45   #131

Thanks a lot for all the advice guys. I have decided not to pull the trigger on this car since it was to be a 70th birthday/retirement present for my dad. Don't want him stuck and dealing with Skoda ASS.

However I believe it is a very good buy and if any one in and around Lucknow is interested they can PM me and I can provide the details available with me for the car.
AyushB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 18:11   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan_n8 View Post
I've picked up 2 display cars, both german earlier and never regretted a pinch. In fact they made for fantastic deals and when you sell them, that is when you really realise how much you've saved on an almost brand new car.
Needless to say, due diligence is to be done.
Were they display cars or Demo cars??
Old 14th November 2020, 18:14   #133
BHPian

One each. One was a zero mileage unregistered machine and the other was a 6k done unregistered demo machine.
Old 30th November 2020, 10:11   #134
BHPian

Has anyone recently bought Superb Sportline version? Considering that car and wanted to check what kind of offers are going on.
Old 6th December 2020, 00:56   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio80 View Post
Has anyone recently bought Superb Sportline version? Considering that car and wanted to check what kind of offers are going on.
Got a follow-up call for the Superb earlier today. Have been offered 2.5 lac off on the Sportline (33L OTR - only blue in stock though) and 4.5 lac off on the L&K (35L OTR).
manson is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed