Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2020, 01:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb facelift launched at Rs. 29.99 lakh

This is probably going to be the entry point to that sweet 2.0 litre TSI engine. The Octavia is probably going to come with the the 1.5 litre TSI and locally produced RS ranges are probably some time away. So for those enthusiasts out there looking for a sporty but practical Sedan at the 30 lakh price range will have to converge on the sportline version, which frankly with the alcantara seats and the blacked out exteriors really looks dope. This would undoubtedly be my pick of the range.
Old 27th May 2020, 07:49   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Feature cut on top variant need justification, they should have given it as optional in Sportline and standard in L&K variant.
Agree - the worry is that this places the L&K at a technologically lower pedestal going forward. While the VC firmware can be updated OTA and possibly the entire module can be pulled out and replaced (with say the Audi high end one), the digi-ana Active Info Display (AID) on the L&K may not be so easily upgradable. This is a BAD miss and I half expect a V2 to incorporate this feature silently in the next few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph View Post
What is surprising is the following cannot be found in the Superb brochure but are present in the Karoq:
1. AFS (Adaptive Front light System)
Not sure if it is genuinely missing or missed out in the brochure
Great find! Yes the AFS is missing as these are the standard LED headlights and not the advanced Matrix LED ones. However it does have the dynamic foglight cornering which is a much more basic feature.

Quote:
Was going over the prices, there is something called "Essential Accessories Kit". I dont think thats from SKODA, that the dealer is trying to palm of to the customer.
It's from Skoda and generally very good quality. BUT overpriced IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
38L is not too bad for the Sportline honestl. It has a lot more kit than before and the 2L TSI + new gearbox.
I halved the expensive Skoda Insurance quote (enjoy 50% NCB anyway) as well as the depot charges, essential kit & Skoda's Drive Assure & Elite etc, and the Sportline OTR price has already come down to 36.7L. Already feeling better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaanranderia View Post
Agree with what most others are saying L&K should have every feature, not including the virtual cockpit is a really bad move, even if it meant adding some more cost to the the Superb, it is already an expensive car, I am sure the people buying it wouldn't mind spending a little more for every feature being present in the L&K. Also maybe i missed it, but are these the matrix LED lights or regular ones. A little selfishly I am happy I booked the pre facelift model and saved some money on the L&K, except for the new engine and gearbox I don't feel i have lost out on much.
Agree on both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
This is probably going to be the entry point to that sweet 2.0 litre TSI engine.
Agree, it will be difficult to price the Octavia 2.0 TSI too much lower. This is a new and expensive engine even globally.

Couple more points:
1. I also hope they bring some yummy accessories. UK brochure attached.
2. Checked on the Driving Mode Select on the L&K. It's not Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) with electrically controlled dampers like on the Passat, but a suite of features that modifies the DSG tune, ECU tune, AC power etc. as per different mode or for different drivers.

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/...ng-mode-select
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SUPERB Accessories Brochure - October 2019.pdf (3.96 MB, 811 views)

Last edited by itwasntme : 27th May 2020 at 08:02.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 09:21   #18
BHPian

Does anyone know which DQ the latest Superb comes with, DQ200 or DQ380? If i remember correctly the DQ200 was the one with the huge list of issues and failures? Has Skoda fixed it?

Last edited by manson : 27th May 2020 at 16:00. Reason: Typos.
Old 27th May 2020, 09:26   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does anyone know which DQ the latest Superb comes with, DQ200 or DQ380?
With the 2.0 TSi and it's 320Nm of torque - it has to be the DQ380 gearbox.

DQ200 was limited to a maximum of 250Nm IIRC.

Last edited by manson : 27th May 2020 at 16:01. Reason: Corrected typo in quote.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 09:28   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I halved the expensive Skoda Insurance quote (enjoy 50% NCB anyway) as well as the depot charges, essential kit & Skoda's Drive Assure & Elite etc, and the Sportline OTR price has already come down to 36.7L. Already feeling better
How did you achieve this ? What magic wand did you sway on the dealer ?
jinu_joseph is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 10:09   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How did you achieve this ? What magic wand did you sway on the dealer ?
Haha, no wand-waving yet. I have 50% NCB which I can apply + any quote from Coverfox will be much cheaper than Skoda. Also knocked off the accessories (overpriced), depot charges (illegal) and the Drive Assure options. Already makes things more sane.

I expect discounts fairly soon on the MRP. The market is seriously down and if Skoda can get their Premium+Pricing package right, they can really sweep the market. Only competitor is the Camry which itself is 37.88 ex-showroom.

BTW, TAFE has a L&K already on show at the St. Mark's Road (BLR) showroom. No demo cars yet.

Last edited by itwasntme : 27th May 2020 at 10:11.
Old 27th May 2020, 10:42   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does anyone know which DQ the latest Superb comes with, DQ200 or DQ380?
It has the DQ381 7 speed wet clutch box most likely. This is also recently updated.

There was another one DQ380 but that apparently was only on pre facelift 2.0L TSI Superb. With the facelift they moved to DQ381.

DQ381 can handle 420Nm torque.

This is one reason the Superb now is a much better buy. The engine from 1.8L to 2.0L is a small jump but the move from dry clutch DQ200 that was torque limited to 250Nm vs a DQ381 wet clutch that can handle 400Nm+ torque is what will make a huge difference in performance, driving pleasure and reliability.

Last edited by manson : 27th May 2020 at 16:02. Reason: Corrected typo in quote.
Vid6639 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 11:25   #23
BHPian

Re: The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs

The Superb Sportline looks very very good. I had booked a Karoq but due to the atrocious pricing I am seriously considering shifting to the sport line. The white and black combination on the superb sportline is just awesome. Had a look at the Bangalore dealership. Attaching the brochure. Hope it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Superb Brochure.pdf (3.34 MB, 749 views)
prasadathani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 11:59   #24
BHPian

So, does this mean I can get the 1.8TSI Octavia at a great discount? And is the gear box still a worry in that?
Old 27th May 2020, 12:04   #25
BHPian

I do not think Skoda is officially selling the Octavia anymore. Their official website no longer lists the regular Octavia or Kodiaq. It only list the Octavia RS which is out of stock. If you are lucky you might be able to pick one from a dealer who still has it in inventory. If you are able to find one I am sure you can get a sizable discount on the same as the dealer will be more than happy to get it off his hands.

Last edited by manson : 27th May 2020 at 16:03. Reason: Typos.
jinu_joseph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 12:10   #26
BHPian

Quote:
I do not think Skoda is officially selling the Octavia anymore. Their official website no longer lists the regular Octavia or Kodiaq. It only list the Octavia RS which is out of stock. If you are lucky you might be able to pick one from a dealer who still has it in inventory. If you are able to find one I am sure you can get a sizable discount on the same as the dealer will be more than happy to get it off his hands.
But I can still buy it, can’t I? Considering BS6 vs BS5 and other BS?

Last edited by manson : 27th May 2020 at 16:04. Reason: Corrected typos in quote.
Old 27th May 2020, 12:25   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
But I can still buy it, can’t I? Considering BS6 vs BS5 and other BS?
As per this article supreme court has allowed some leeway to sell BS4 vehicles post lockdown. So you should be able to buy, but you need to check with dealer for local RTO rules on the same.

Hi folks

If anyone is visiting the SKODA showroom to see this car, I need you to check one thing and confirm. Can i open the boot of the car with the engine running using the boot open button on the key fob ?

This has to do with the boot check done at malls, theaters, parking garages, hotel entrance etc where you have to open the boot and security personnel check the same. In the previous Skoda Superb I owned, i could use the unlock button to unlock all doors including the boot, and then use the boot handle to open the boot. But in 90% of the cases the security personnel manning the station could not open the boot using the boot handle. The only other way to open the boot was if i switch off the car and press the boot unlock from the key fob. But for this the engine has to be off. I was told this was a safety feature. While I appreciate the safety feature, this was a pain at these security checks.

The worst experience I had was when i was entering my office complex and I had to stop for a boot check and after the boot check, the car would not start as the battery had gone dead. You can imagine my situation, car is in park mode as that is only way to remove the key from ignition slot, Battery is dead. There is no way the car will move even if pushed because it is in park mode.

Fortunately the Skoda user manual has a page for exactly this situation. Requires some bit of dismantling the frame around the gear stick, but remove that and push some contraption there and you can move the gear out of park mode to Neutral without requiring the car engine to be running. Then managed to get the security team to push the car out of the way and let the rest of the vehicles enter the office complex.

Hence the above request.

Last edited by manson : 27th May 2020 at 16:05. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
jinu_joseph is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 12:56   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
So, does this mean I can get the 1.8TSI Octavia at a great discount? And is the gear box still a worry in that?
Totally depends on available stock, and there were some good discounts on offer when i booked the pre facelift Superb. Since the the supreme court has given an extension you should be able to buy one if its available. I have the Octavia 1.8 L&K since a year and a half, so far its been a great car. Also i believe a lot of dealers, scared of being stuck with BS4 cars have registered the carlin their name and are selling it to the final consumer at a good discount, though the only drawback to that route is, you will be seen as a second owner, but if you get a good deal it might be worth it, as you will still get a brand new car.
ishaanranderia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 13:19   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It has the DQ381 7 speed wet clutch box most likely. This is also recently updated.
I was under the impression DQ381 is for the AWD variants and DQ380 is for FWD.

DQ381 comes with the 2020 Octavia 2.0 TSi AWD, for example.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 13:26   #30
BHPian

The Superb Sportline with all black interiors looks super HOT!!!

Does the 30L ex-showroom pricing for Sportline gives the Octavia vRS a run for its money? Using the same engines and probably the same tranny, possible to swap or burn the ECU for more power bump?
AirWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks