Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2020, 06:31   #16
BHPian

Re: Many Land Rover & Range Rover models lose their diesel engines; petrol only!

I'm so glad I picked up the v6 diesel Discovery diesel last year. I love the engine and the refinement and of course the Discovery is so very enjoyable. It's sad that it's not going to be sold in India anymore, but hopefully the BS6 engine does get launched soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Many Land Rover & Range Rover models lose their diesel engines; petrol only!-20191004_115638.jpg  

Many Land Rover & Range Rover models lose their diesel engines; petrol only!-20191004_120147.jpg  

vinay_ss is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 11:39   #17
BHPian

Re: Many Land Rover & Range Rover models lose their diesel engines; petrol only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
I'm so glad I picked up the v6 diesel Discovery diesel last year. I love the engine and the refinement and of course the Discovery is so very enjoyable. It's sad that it's not going to be sold in India anymore, but hopefully the BS6 engine does get launched soon.
My my...what a beauty you have there! I am sure you drool on it to this day! Maybe you can take some time out and give some more insights, like a short review and all!
Old 18th October 2021, 02:06   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwin Morey View Post
My my...what a beauty you have there! I am sure you drool on it to this day! Maybe you can take some time out and give some more insights, like a short review and all!
Its been a lot of miles on the Discovery and i still smile everytime i hit the roads. Its been trouble free 35k kms with just a change of tires that came in at 32k kms. I went in for pirelli scorpion zero and they are softer tyres.

The comfort of the car is just fantastic. The only thing i miss on the car is the Android Auto for google maps. Maintenance has been with Pune dealer mainly. I will try and post a detailed review in due course.
Attached Thumbnails
Many Land Rover & Range Rover models lose their diesel engines; petrol only!-20210725_172943.jpg  

Many Land Rover & Range Rover models lose their diesel engines; petrol only!-20210813_181605.jpg  

Many Land Rover & Range Rover models lose their diesel engines; petrol only!-20210813_181729.jpg  

Many Land Rover & Range Rover models lose their diesel engines; petrol only!-20210813_174051.jpg  

vinay_ss is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 11:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: Land Rover Discovery, Velar get only 2L petrol; lose diesels

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Hope this is just a minor period for BS6 and Covid-19 excuses.

They should bring the 2.0l diesels and develop diesel versions ... and bring it to India ASAP.
The Auto Industry is in a transition phase moving from IC engines to IC-Electric hybrid to pure EV eventually.

Among the IC engines, the Diesel engine option seems to be the first to hit the axe (atleast in the passenger segment to start with) with further R&D and investments being stopped.
Its a matter of time, Land Rover will transition to petrol-electric hybrids to EVs further down the line.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks