Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy one today?
Yes 540 75.95%
No 171 24.05%
Voters: 711. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2022, 15:10   #136

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Volkswagen Jetta (6th-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Reposting my query. Requesting esteemed members to advice.

What should be the ideal price range of a 2015 Jetta Diesel AT (In Hyderabad)? This is the face lift version with the DRLs and run 90 K KM. Seller is the second owner and quoting 9.9 Lakh.

I want to know the price range even before initiating any conversations with the seller.

Please suggest.
I bought 2014 Comfortline 2.0 TDI , 38k Km then for 10.4 L in Bangalore. In 2015- replaced tyres for about INR 38K, flywheel and clutch plate for 78K. The IDV of this car , recently renewed, is INR 6.8L . You can use this as a reference to arrive at some range for your negotiation. Road tax in Hyderabad is lower, AT carries higher price..
Old 3rd July 2022, 15:48   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narasimhan_P View Post
I bought 2014 Comfortline 2.0 TDI , 38k Km then for 10.4 L in Bangalore. In 2015- replaced tyres for about INR 38K, flywheel and clutch plate for 78K. The IDV of this car , recently renewed, is INR 6.8L . You can use this as a reference to arrive at some range for your negotiation. Road tax in Hyderabad is lower, AT carries higher price..
A correction/additional info. I bought the pre-owned car(2014 June manufactured) in June 2018(4 years ago). Replacement of typres, flywheel and cluthplate etc were done in 2019 ( not 2015 as I mentioned above, I stand corrected). Location: Bangalore
Narasimhan_P is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 15:20   #138
BHPian

I have come across an ad for a 2015 highline AT 2.0 TDI engine, the dealer is claiming some body work has been done, and is upfront about it. He says it is not accidental, but minor repair and repaint done. Asking price is 7.2 Lakhs.
Since he mentions about the exterior not being in top shape, I am in 2 minds. First, he is honest, second is he being too honest and trying to hide something?

Is there a way to check out history of repairs if not done at VW SVC? Sorry I am new in buying a pre owned car. Any help would be highly appreciated. Also, can someone indicate the kind of real world FE I can expect? I drive about 80-90 Kms a day, 70% highway, 30% city traffic.
Old 6th July 2022, 12:14   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
I have come across an ad for a 2015 highline AT 2.0 TDI engine, the dealer is claiming some body work has been done, and is upfront about it. He says it is not accidental, but minor repair and repaint done. Asking price is 7.2 Lakhs.
Since he mentions about the exterior not being in top shape, I am in 2 minds. First, he is honest, second is he being too honest and trying to hide something?
Checked out the car yesterday, clearly there something wrong with the car. Looked not well taken care at all and this is without even opening the door. The moment I stepped into the car, it just didn't give a good feeling, door pads rubber were sagging, fabric liners not in place, dirty, window while climbing up screeching and screaming like it is in pain. The salesman kept on pestering me, he will get the car polished and all this imperfection will vanish. I asked him how will polish take care of the door rubbers and the fabric inserts which are not in place and other imperfections, he says he will try his best. Anyways, I drove the car, it felt ok for the short drive. I asked for service history, they were reluctant but finally showed me. The right hand door was replaced within 7 months of ownership along with right hand ORVMs. The front bumper and right fender and again right hand ORVM were replaced within another 6 months. This in itself was a signal for me to walk away. I went through the service history, and it had numerous entries of paint repair, scratch removal, repainting etc etc throughout 3-4 years.
after going through this thread now I am looking for a Jetta every hour.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 11:48   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
7.5L is slightly on the higher side especially considering it isn't a DSG. I would try and get it under the 7L mark.
Closed the deal slightly below the 7L mark, condition is just excellent would have happily paid even more if I had no choice. Car has fresh set of clutch, brake pads are in good shape, previous owner has replaced the timing chain too which reduces lot of potential maintenance expenses for me.

Fresh set of tyres and the car is good to go.
giri1.8 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 16:14   #141
BHPian

Hi all,

Posting on the forum after a really long time. I just got back to Bangalore (after a short stint in Singapore during the pandemic), and now looking to get my next ride.

Sold my Nexon Diesel XZ+ just before I left the country.

Found a single owner, 51k kms driven, 2.0TDI AT Jetta, 2011 model. Dealer's asking price is 8.3-8.4l. This includes a full service (I also requested for all fluids to be replaced) and they claim the car has a complete service history (I'll verify this before putting down the deal). They have also agreed to get 2-3 panels (LHF panel, rear door, etc) repainted since there are dents.

Question being, is 8l a good price? I drove the car yesterday, and it was an absolute joy. Really loved the way it rides, and the DSG box felt great.
Rohit Manohar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 21:16   #142
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit Manohar View Post

Question being, is 8l a good price? I drove the car yesterday, and it was an absolute joy. Really loved the way it rides, and the DSG box felt great.
I sold my 2012 MT HL Jetta with around 73000km for 7.5l including transfer costs in Jan. Complete history and recently serviced and new windscreen
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 03:26   #143

On a different note, I've found this excel sheet online (do not recollect the source) about the road tax payable for re-registration in KA.
I'm not sure how accurate the data is, as per that my payable would be 2L which is more than what the original owner paid back in 2014.
Attachment 2315710

Hi Duker2997,

Any update on the cost of re-registration to KA?

Thanks
UncleSam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 01:31   #144
BHPian

I own a 2014 Jetta TDI DSG (Highline) and it has done 80,000 KM on the odo. In short, it’s one of the best D-Segment Sedans ever to exist in the Indian market. Despite owning the newer 2019 Octavia TDI DSG too, I’d say the Jetta feels much more solidly built. In simpler words the car is ‘built like a tank’. The ‘thud’ every time while closing those doors remind me about the car’s amazing build quality. The quality of materials used is of high degree, despite falling a little short while in comparison to the previous gen Jetta, but still unmatched in the segment.

The other main attractions of this car would be:

• Simply the 2.0 TDI engine in one word is a gem. I love the engine so much that we purchased two cars having the same engine and gearbox combo, producing almost identical power figures (Jetta and Octavia). The 2.0 TDI engine is the best in the segment, beating the likes of the competitors by a large margin, in terms of outright acceleration, in gear acceleration, and top end performance too. There’s always power on tap and a lot of torque on offer that you never get bored, instead would get addicted to the throttle response of the car. The turbo lag is masked off completely with the the help of that beautiful 6 speed DSG gearbox, the DQ250, and in the highways the car is at a league of it’s own, never disappoints. When you needs a quick burst of power, the Jetta never hesitates, and pushes you back in the seat. I managed to achieve 0-100 kmph mark in 8.6 seconds, which impressed me thoroughly. Octavia might be feel sprightlier (being 66 kgs lighter) but the difference becomes negligible when speeds pick up, and the Jetta is definitely a great highway cruiser. In addition to the 2.0 TDI being a great performer, it returns great FE, in the city around 12-14 kmpl, and in the highways 19-21+ kmpl with ease.

• The Independent Multi Link suspension, is the best in class, as it takes care of undulations like there wasn’t any, may it be potholes, bad roads or bumps, or even speed breakers, the car deals with all of them very smoothly without any trouble, the ride quality hence is, phenomenal. High speed stability is of top tier, as stable as a rock in speeds above 160 kmph too and the body roll is well maintained and sticks to the ground during corners. Would give Jetta a big thumbs up in the ride and handling department.

• The understated and elegant look of the car still keeps growing on me, and even now by far it’s one of the handsomest sedans in the price bracket of below 30 lacs. The sharp cuts and lines, and those LED headlamps with those sharp DRLs (only in the Highline variant) still makes me stare for a while after I park it in the parking lot. ‘German’ is written all over the car’s design, and one would never find this understated and elegant look of this car ‘boring’.

Here’s a picture of my precious;

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Volkswagen Jetta (6th-gen)-ffb3f613c6cd4abfbeefa89f3a3f87d2.jpeg
dieselhead01 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 22:02   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhead01 View Post

• The understated and elegant look of the car still keeps growing on me, and even now by far it’s one of the handsomest sedans in the price bracket of below 30 lacs. The sharp cuts and lines, and those LED headlamps with those sharp DRLs (only in the Highline variant) still makes me stare for a while after I park it in the parking lot. ‘German’ is written all over the car’s design, and one would never find this understated and elegant look of this car ‘boring’.

Attachment 2338485
Some machines get better as they age, such is the case with Jetta too. The build quality speaks for itself. Today’s exhorbitant pricing when contemplated, it is logical to retain these beauties for long tenures. Wish you many more miles with the German.
Gypsian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 22:17   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsian View Post
Some machines get better as they age, such is the case with Jetta too. The build quality speaks for itself. Today’s exhorbitant pricing when contemplated, it is logical to retain these beauties for long tenures. Wish you many more miles with the German.
Thank you so much sir. I hope to retain this for a long time now, as these days the chances of a VAG diesel to come out is very unlikely, and these actually might be one of the last ones we’re gonna see in the market, so gonna enjoy every bit until it lasts
dieselhead01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 00:46   #147

Quote:
I own a 2014 Jetta TDI DSG (Highline) and it has done 80,000 KM on the odo. In short, it’s one of the best D-Segment Sedans ever to exist in the Indian market.
Awesome Car you got there dieselhead01! Keep loving her the same way. There is nothing like this in the market now.
Old 28th July 2022, 01:55   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSam View Post
Awesome Car you got there dieselhead01! Keep loving her the same way. There is nothing like this in the market now.
Thank you so much sir, will not let this beautiful machine go, last of its kind
Old 28th July 2022, 16:39   #149
BHPian

Quote:
I own a 2014 Jetta TDI DSG (Highline) and it has done 80,000 KM on the odo.

Attachment 2338485
Undoubtedly one of the best cars out there, Ours is a pre-worshiped 2013 Highline DSG as well,With 1.1 Lakh on the ODO.

Was curious, Where did you get the headlights changed? Since the new ones arrived with the facelift in 2015, if I am not wrong.

Also any other changes made to the car? Was thinking of pampering ours a little. Would be surely keeping the car for the next 2-3 years. Would love some ideas from the forum. A remap? A headunit change?
Old 28th July 2022, 17:19   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShah View Post
Undoubtedly one of the best cars out there, Ours is a pre-worshiped 2013 Highline DSG as well,With 1.1 Lakh on the ODO.
Hey, it’s indeed one of the best D-Segment sedans ever to enter the Indian market. And those headlamps arrived with the car itself, are not aftermarket ones. Our 2014 Jetta Highline was the facelifted one (post 2013) and every Jetta Highline after the facelifted version in 2013, came with inbuilt LED headlamps with the DRLs. And yes I’m not a fan of cosmetic and exterior changes, but indeed would love a remap considering the potential of this car, would be expecting anywhere between 180-190 horses and around 400 nm of torque from this car from a simple stage 1 ECU and TCU tune (DSG) and then the car would be a blast to drive and much quicker off the line and have much better in gear accelerations. I’m absolutely sure about the post remap results as we own a 2019 Octavia L&K, which comes with the same engine-gearbox combo and is a hoot drive, in simpler words quicker than an Audi A4 diesel, 320D, C220D and so on.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th July 2022 at 18:14. Reason: Quote trimmed.
dieselhead01 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks