Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy one today?
Yes 540 75.95%
No 171 24.05%
Voters: 711. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2022, 11:01   #166
BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Volkswagen Jetta (6th-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokengrip View Post
Do let us know what the costs were for this process.
Hi, would like to share an update on the same. Have recently completed all the formalities and i had to pay 2,03,xxx as KA road tax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL_FWD View Post
Haha, well I hope it works out and looking forward to seeing your next upgrade on this forum

I wouldn't be surprised if it's around 2L because AFAIK, the roadtax to be paid is always on the original invoice of the car and given our luck, KA commands the highest RT in India even for re-registration. There is also the question of the refund of the RT from the previous RTO.
Seeing the road tax charged the idea of bringing down a well kept example and re-registering it here might come very close or even slightly expensive than buying a KA car.

Also i have paid equal road tax as to what the owner had paid about 8 years ago. The refund from the original RTO seems a bit daunting. Some say the road tax goes to the original owner i.e the first owner and i should reach out to him to collect the refund. Will update as i get some concrete info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSam View Post
On a different note, I've found this excel sheet online (do not recollect the source) about the road tax payable for re-registration in KA.
I'm not sure how accurate the data is, as per that my payable would be 2L which is more than what the original owner paid back in 2014.
Attachment 2315710
This excel sheet is very close to actual road tax calculated. Thanks for this.
duker2997 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 00:45   #167
BHPian

Volkswagen Jetta is one of the most underrated car, mainly for it's old man straight lines and boxy shape. But it is one of the best packaged sedans ever! I miss my Jetta dearly, I had to sell if off during 2020 covid crisis in-order to get a grip on newly started business. It was the most emotional good bye ever, luckily it is still in my town and I sold it off to an acquaintance and he keeps it more clean and pristine. Enough emotional stuff, if anyone is planning to buy one- go for it! Do check it from top to bottom, even if it's a high mileage car check the service history and it's good to go! Here are the list of things I had added to my Jetta -
2013 Jetta Comfortline 2.0 TDi MT
Code 6 Remap + Stock Replacement BMC air filter
Mercedes OEM 17' alloy wheels
Michelin Pilot Sport 4
Brembo Brake Pads and Front Rotors
Bilstein B6 Dampers
Some VCDS activations.

Here are some pictures of the Jetta - bought it with 40,000KM (2017) sold in 1,10,000KM (2020)
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Volkswagen Jetta (6th-gen)-img20200801wa0035.jpg  

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Volkswagen Jetta (6th-gen)-img20200802wa0007.jpg  

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Volkswagen Jetta (6th-gen)-img20200802wa0008.jpg  

RevJ is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 18:06   #168
BHPian

My friend's friend picked up a mk5 Jetta which has run 80k kms for a shocking 8 lacs. I was shell shocked when I heard the price. I mean the car was decently maintained, but who in the world buys a 12 year old car for double the market value of it?

Quick search on olx shows cars of similar mileage and age listed for not more than 4 lacs.

I feel sad for him. I would never buy a Jetta for such a price.
Old 6th January 2023, 02:12   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
Used car prices in Hyderabad are ridiculous. Keeping that aside, what will be a good price for a 2013-2015 Jetta? And what should I look out for in a Jetta? And is the DSG reliable or prone to failures like the DQ200?

I have no clue about these aspects in a Jetta, and since I started to look for cars on Olx, I thought why not have an idea about some basic things I should look out for.
+100 to the price part. It's just insane at Hyderabad.
I've moved to Hyderabad recently and was thinking about buying a used car and Jetta was the first thing came to mind.

2014+ models are having insane asking price at olx. Looks like all the dealers bumped up the prices recently.
Few months back, I saw one blue 2015 Jetta for sale at Hyderabad (olx) for about 7.85 (owner posted) 2 weeks later, same car posted by an agency for 7.95
Last week I checked and saw the exact same car is listed for 11.5 lakh

I could see all Jetta prices have gone up in last few months. Best of luck for your search. I have kept the purchase on hold for now. Let me know if you find any good one / good seller - dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
My friend's friend picked up a mk5 Jetta which has run 80k kms for a shocking 8 lacs. I was shell shocked when I heard the price. I mean the car was decently maintained, but who in the world buys a 12 year old car for double the market value of it?

Quick search on olx shows cars of similar mileage and age listed for not more than 4 lacs.

I feel sad for him. I would never buy a Jetta for such a price.
8 lakh for 2010-11 models seems way too high.

Last edited by Asish_VK : 6th January 2023 at 02:21.
Old 27th June 2023, 16:54   #170
BHPian

I was on a lookout for Used Diesel AT Octavia for some time now. I was in touch with few Bhpians for the same. With Octys asking astronomical prices, I couldn't even find a single Octy from the 2018-2020 batch. However, I was clear I did not want the Jetta because it was discontinued and Octy would be easier to maintain. Fate had other plans.

One day, a known Bhpian who owns 2 used Jettas asked me if I was interested to check out 1 of his car. He wanted to sell as he had no use for this car. He asked me to check either of his Jettas. Both 2015 make, Highline models with DSG and almost 1.2L/1.3L on the odo.

Took TD of the latest one and fell in love with the car. Showed it to my parents and they were a bit nervous since we never bought a used 4 wheeler. Last year I purchased a used Versys, which was our 1st used purchase.

They gave a green light, I sold my Tiago AMT 2018 to OLX autos in 2 days. Paid for the Jetta and bought it home this weekend. I have done almost 200kms in 2 days and in absolute love with the Power and Torque.

Car Details:
2015 HL DSG 2.0 TDI Stage 1. I am 3rd Owner. 1.3L ODO.
Michelin PS4 tyres done almost 15k.
All lifetime maintenance of mechanical parts done. Interior is well maintained and hardly aged. The roof liner is also done
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Volkswagen Jetta (6th-gen)-1.jpg  

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Volkswagen Jetta (6th-gen)-2.jpg  

DieselAnna is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 19:54   #171
BHPian

Good evening everyone.
Need help from fellow owners of Volkswagen Jetta 2.0L TDI Highline AT, 2012, Diesel.

Following is the link of the car available on olx. http://www.olx.in/item/volkswagen-je...iid-1736645239.

I am looking for a second car primarily an automatic for my beloved wife who's still an amateur in driving and probably can become an expert driver before I plan to buy an 1.4Turbo later on. Could anyone please give a heads-up of what all things to check prior buying this. As one can see for the pictures from the olx listing, this is in immaculate condition and I plan to check this out coming weekend. Thus want expert opinion. Meanwhile will be reading all the aforementioned posts to have a basic idea.

Thanks in advance.
Old 4th July 2023, 21:58   #172
BHPian

A 11 years old Volkswagen automatic for a newbie driver shows a high risk appetite and would advise you to proceed with caution !

Remembr Best is sometimes the enemy of Good.

I purchased a 5 years old Jetta diesel manual which had run 98000 km from a Bhpian in 2018.

The car has been exceptional but my learnings follows:

1. Best suited for highway driving and not a city car at all.
2. VW service is indifferent - can be great and can be crap, depends on your luck.
3. Routine service being annual in nature was reasonable to me - approx INR 14,000 if I remember correctly.
4. Team BHP Jetta threads are best source of information.
5. Have the car evaluated at showroom and preferably another known person.
6. I was lucky to buy a car that was very well cared for but would advise you to approach a purchase with extreme caution.
7. Link to my ownership thread
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ns-family.html (A pre-worshipped VW Jetta joins the family)
Redline6800 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 00:50   #173
BHPian

Had a quick glance at your thread as well as your suggestions.
Thanks a lot. Will have a look at the car and take a test drive once. Will visit VW showroom to get a brief idea. Meanwhile if I get a red flag will back out of this.

Many thanks for your reply.
Sunny_7937 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 15:19   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAnna View Post

Car Details:
All lifetime maintenance of mechanical parts done. Interior is well maintained and hardly aged. The roof liner is also done
Wow. Lucky you . The car look fantastic. Black Jetta is a thing of beauty.

I have been searching for a well maintained Jetta in Telengana/Kerala/Bangalore for an year now. But couldn't find any one that is worthy to spend money.

Also the asking price has gone much higher lately, which is another hurdle for me. Well maintained 9-10 year old Jettas are unreasonably priced now.

Hoping to find one some day
Asish_VK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 13:06   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAnna View Post
Car Details:
Been a month of owning this beauty. I have clocked around 2500kms in this last month which included city running and an outstation trip. I will just pen down some points as per my point of view. My other car is a 2019 Scross 1.3, some points may be because of a natural comparison.

Observations:
1. Lets state the obvious, the torque is addictive and it will force you to push the car. Any overtake maneuver is easy. I drive little aggressively in city than before.
2. And when you are doing all the crazy driving, the engine is relaxed. It'll work the DSG and keep rpms at optimum so that power is available any time and at any gear.
3. Steering feel is good. It is much better than my Scross, which feels vague at times.
4. BBK brakes are brilliant on this car. Previous owner did this upgrade and it feels brilliant. You always know that the car is going to stop when and where you want. This is something difficult to express in words
5. Lights are poor. It is an understatement. I have upgraded to LEDs. All bulbs and fogs, but the difference is not much. I don't think anything else is possible now. I have to live with it.
6. Interiors have aged well. They don't feel tired. Keeps the ambience upmarket. The light beige interiors were well taken care by previous owners.
7. Driving position is a bit tricky to find. I have 2 positions as of now. I switch between them. Fully pushed back and little ahead. It depends what footwear I am wearing and I adjust accordingly. This is my first time owning a low sedan, so it's a bit tricky for me.
8. NVH levels are good compared to my Scross. The Diesel clatter is absent even after 1.3L odometer and you won't hear the engine unless you are revving hard.
9. Fuel efficiency is something I am not much bothered but it returns 15kmpl in City and around 20kmpl on the highway for me.
10. Build quality feels very strong. All panels are tightly put. No rattles even today. The doors are very heavy. They are difficult to open, coming from the Scross. Many times people have asked me to unlock the door while trying to open from outside, when it was already unlocked.
11. I am purposely not mentioning the ICE since it is a 2015 car and not much to point out.
12. I miss the rear camera sometimes. I had gotten used to it in my other smaller cars. I have managed till now without it. But rear visibility of a sedan always feels less.

Sums up my 1st month. I shall update if anything major.
DieselAnna is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 18:27   #176
BHPian

Jetta is and will remain a classy car in the ever growing car market. Even after so many years it maintains its upper edge in all aspects (comfort, luxury, power, driving dynamics) except tech ofc. Good purchase in my opinion.
sh3lby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 13:58   #177
BHPian

Are you nuts!? 9 year old diesel that too a VW ? You are clearly mad. That's what I heard from literally everyone when I broke the news of buying a used VW Jetta. All of their concerns are true too, but hey, petrol heads are a different species right?

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Volkswagen Jetta (6th-gen)-img_20231015_114922.jpg

Finally got a Jetta after an year+ of search.
It's a 2014 Jetta Highline AT (2.0 Diesel). Done about 70K kms totally.

Found the ad in olx, took a test drive and some inspection later, paid the advance. Deal was sealed in a week. Sent the car to German Motors (FNG in Hyderabad) for a ABS module replacement ( which the owner was transparent during the deal). Got the car back after replacement and general service. I have asked for a DSG oil change, timing kit replacement and health checkup for fuel/water pumps etc. All checks were done and the FNG owner/technician suggested not to change now since all are in good health as of now. But planning to change all within couple of months.

Since I have just moved from a humble fill it shut it forget it Hyundai Eon, I'm having anxiety inside me from the day we finalised the deal. First German, first time second hand car, first time Diesel car. The list goes on (oh, and the 10year old diesel car ban roumers too)

Rode about 80km totally and already loving it.
Hoping and praying for a trouble free ownership in coming years.

Last edited by Asish_VK : 15th October 2023 at 14:00.
Asish_VK is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 20:55   #178
BHPian

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Volkswagen Jetta (6th-gen)-img_20231025_194515.jpg

Had a small 250km (125+125) trip with family during the weekend. Got to know the car in more detail during the drive. Coming from a humble Hyundai Eon, this was a big step up for me. Even though I have driven many cars, but those were mostly rented / outside India.

Some high points:

1. Power and Torque. She's completely stock, producing 140bhp/320Nm. The acceleration is smooth, the torque is addictive, cabin is silent. Completely opposite to our Eon.
Overtaking is piece of cake. Just press the accelerator pedal and she drops couple of gears and the maneuver is done and dusted before your passengers knows it.

2. DSG gearbox. Now I get it! I got to know why people are singing praises all over the world. The shifts are seamless. Always ready to downshift whenever the driver commands through the A-pedal. Tried sports mode and the way the gearbox redlines the engine in each gear is unbelievable.

3. Steering : Light inside the city and weighs up adequately at highways.

4.Brakes. All Wheel discs with ABS are confidence inspiring. Though I have not came across any emergency braking *touchwood*, I feel it will serve right when needed.

5. Interior Space. Super spacious. Coming from Eon, it feels like a mansion. Some may feel the transmission tunnel hump is an inconvenience.

6. Interior quality. The previous owner maintained the interior very well. I have done a interior detailing after purchase which made the interior even better.

7. Seating and ergonomics. Electric driver seat is a delight to use. Got my perfect driving position very quickly. Both front seats are super comfortable and provides very good support.

Rear seat is spacious and with center arm rest, all 3 point seat belts and independent headrests, are nice place to be.

Tilt and telescopic steering aids in finding the perfect driving position.

Special mention to the multi tasking indicator stalk. That guy does a ton of job !

NVH levels are fantastic. At high speeds, some road noise is peeping in, but not a deal breaker.

Dual zone AC cools the cabin adequately. It's not super chilling like Hyundai 's though.

8. Fuel efficiency. The drive was a mix of state highway, express way and city roads. Overall indicated efficiency of 21kmpl which I feel is fantastic.

9. Road manners. Jetta belongs to the highway. She's an effortless mile muncher. The car feels planted and masks the speed so well (My wife even commented that the car feels slow ). Provides lot of confidence in straight line and corners as well.

10. ICE. Pretty basic head unit. I'm not an audiophile, but enjoys music while driving. Felt the sound quality is very good with good balance and bass.

11. Build Coming from the Eon, the difference is day and night. The 'thud' is something has to be experienced. Even after 9 years, the car feels tight. Interiors also aged very well and feels plush.

12. Lighting, Bi-xenon projector setup with cornering function felt adequate. No complaints here.

13. Looks. Jetta is a timeless beauty, atleast to my eyes. My family thought I'm mad since I always drool over any Jetta I see on the road (even while I'm sitting inside mine).

She still manages to turn heads on the road. My colleagues were surprised to know the age of the car !
In black shade she oozes elegance.

14. I was about to ask my FNG to change the timing kit and DSG oil as a precaution, but detailed inspection of service history shown that the previous owner already changed these last year as suggested preventive maintenance from VW. Big relief.

Coming to some low points.

1. The passenger side sunshade clip is broken. It holds the shade in place while closed, but if we open the shade, the clip gets dislocated from its position

2. The Skie access hole's cover is missing. Need to try to source one from used market. Any input helps here.

3. Even though front and rear parking sensores are helpful, I feel the car needs a rear camera due to its length and lack of rear visibility.

4. As per the FNG, the compressor belt needs to be replaced in another 10k. Some mild vibration is felt inside due to this.

5. Very difficult to maintain black car shining. I have asked out apartment watchman not to clean this car since he use same cloth for all cars top to bottom. Instead I'm using Jopasu duster and waterless wash concentrate when needed.

6. Worried about the rising polution and our government's stupid decisions in past. This goes away when I take her for a spin though. Hoping to enjoy the car for as long as possible.

7. The fear of something going wrong is lurking my mind then and there. I'll try to do all the maintenance on timely manner and hope she won't strand me anywhere.

Mods Planned :
  • Get the minor mechanical issues fixed
  • Remap is in cards, but thought of enjoying the stock setup for some time.
  • Alloys. Either blackening / replacing. Will decide after assessing the budget.
  • Complete dechrome and tail light smoking. Still not decided on it. I like the look of the car as it is too.
  • Get a full set of magnetic sunshade for windows.
  • Dashcam.
  • Head unit with Android auto/Car play. Will decide after assessing the budget.

Some pictures :

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Volkswagen Jetta (6th-gen)-img_20231105_184311.jpg

On the highway, where she belongs.

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Volkswagen Jetta (6th-gen)-img_20231109_204155.jpg

After a polishing and waxing session.

For anyone looking a good car wash and detailing center in Hyderabad, I will suggest "F9 CAR WASH & CERAMIC COATING STUDIO", near Gopal Nagar/Hafeezpet
It's a small setup but very professional and polite. Pricing is cheap too. Felt very satisfied with the result. ( Disclaimer: I am just a customer of their service, no business relationship with them)
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Volkswagen Jetta (6th-gen)-img_20231019_160534.jpg  

Last edited by Asish_VK : 9th November 2023 at 21:05.
Asish_VK is online now   (39) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 08:27   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Are you nuts!? 9 year old diesel that too a VW ? You are clearly mad. That's what I heard from literally everyone when I broke the news of buying a used VW Jetta. All of their concerns are true too, but hey, petrol heads are a different species right?

Attachment 2517507

Finally got a Jetta after an year+ of search.
It's a 2014 Jetta Highline AT (2.0 Diesel). Done about 70K kms totally.

Congratulations. But the critical piece of info missing on this post is how much did the car cost you?
Red Liner is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 14:10   #180
BHPian

Congratulations! Looks like a very well maintained car with preventive maintenance being done by the previous owner too. I have been searching for a Jetta but prices seem to be going up everyday and good cars are very hard to find! Would be useful if you could share the price.
YakubKC is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks