Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2022, 15:57   #316
BHPian

Re: Hyundai India - The occasional serious quality lapse and apathetic manufacturer response!

Along with the suspected low quality components, workmanship also lacks nowadays with Hyundai in a serious manner.

Below were the parts replaced in my 2017 Creta during warranty and extended warranty periods.

1. Map lamp. It again got dead.
2. Co-driver side power window switch
3. Power window motor - All 3, except the one on rear right.
4. ABS sensor - Rear right and left

The last warranty claim was to replace the rear left ABS sensor. Vehicle had never visited any garages after that. Last month, the rear left tyre displayed symptoms of puncture and I removed the tyre for an exchange. Below is what I saw. One screw of the cover was missing and the other one was half loose. Are these screws unnecessary, so that the mechanic could avoid them?

Reported it to the service centre thrice. Nothing happened. Even if I mail this to Hyundai, it will be forwarded to the regional office and then to the same service centre. What is the point in such an escalation?

While replacing the power window motors, I used to get the door clips from the car and later realised that they were missing from my own car door!

Hyundai India - The occasional serious quality lapse and apathetic manufacturer response!-img_20220716_093620.jpg
sujithsidhardha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 16:37   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai India - The occasional serious quality lapse and apathetic manufacturer response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithsidhardha View Post
3. Power window motor - All 3, except the one on rear right.
Mine failed couple of years back (rear). Had visited a FNG, cleaned the motor and it worked for few months. Now the rear power windows do not work, front passenger window fails at times but driver side still works. They warned me and asked me frequently use them (rear windows are not used anytime).

Not looking to change the motor as it will be an expensive affair. After 5-6 years, the electricals/electronics on Hyundai cars are notorious. My AVN had failed couple of years back but got the IC replaced from a local electronics repair shop in Delhi.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 18:53   #318

Hi, has anyone had such or worse nagging issues with the 3rd gen i20 dct? Asking because I have shortlisted it among premium auto hatches. I understand the thread goes in length & depth about the lack of responsiveness from Hyundai which means we are potentially looking at a cultural problem with them. And this thread could potentially influence my buying decision and swing it in favour of, let's say, the Baleno Alpha AGS. But what I also was looking for is if anyone has experienced unaddressed issues specifically with the DCT version of i20. Thanks in advance.
bpm_km is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 11:28   #319
BHPian

My First Gen 2015 Creta having same issues with power windows.

Front passenger window started giving trouble within warranty period. On complaining to SA during regular services, they always use to apply the jugaad and fix the issue temporarily. It stops working everytime after 2-3 months, but never had the time to take it to workshop due to limited usage of the car.

After warranty expired, front passenger and 1 rear passenger power window stopped working. During service they would open the panels and clear the carbon deposit and again it would work for a couple of weeks.

The front driver power window also sometimes shows issues, but thankfully it works after a couple of secs.

Whacking the door does not help, tried several times but window does not budge.

Last year after escalating to RM about the issue, they agreed to replace the front passenger power window motor as a goodwill gesture. During last service they supposedly 'changed' the motor, but refused to provide the defective part and their is no mention of this replacement in the service history.

The replaced front power window stopped working again after few months On contacting the workshop they say there is no warranty on the motor, and surprisingly there is absolutely no official record that the motor was replaced. They are saying it all happened out of record.

So currently front passenger power window and 1 rear power window does not work. Other rear power window is erratic, driver side power window is running bhagwan bharose.

I think this Hyundai Creta power window issue deserves a dedicated thread.
Shakensoul is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 11:44   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
My First Gen 2015 Creta having same issues with power windows.

I think this Hyundai Creta power window issue deserves a dedicated thread.
I had posted about this in the thread with members facing the same problem in the 1st-Gen Creta.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5064492 (Hyundai India - The occasional serious quality lapse and apathetic manufacturer response!)
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 11:58   #321
BHPian

I have always had a pleasant experience at the Hyundai Service Centres but for the KIA Seltos that i got recently, during a routine check, was bombarded with the words "KIA Experience". I have no idea what that is but after a point of time wanted the Service Manager to just stop saying the word and prove it through actions.
Carma2017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 10:16   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
was bombarded with the words "KIA Experience"
I have both Hyundai and Kia in my garage. The so called Kia experience ends the moment you report an issue. Hyundai and Kia are no different when it comes to resolving issues. The Kia SA who used to bombard me with messages for good rating went into radio silence the moment I reported an issue. All they want is a 10 star rating. Nothing more
furyrider is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 11:56   #323
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Totally agree with the rating requests at Hyundai. They keep insisting on a 10 star rating irrespective of how good or bad the service is. I have not yet faced any issues in my first gen Creta till now ( touchwood ), so need to see how they behave when I report a problem.

I always do the wheel balancing and alignment outside.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 18:00   #324
BANNED

Seems like fuel pump failure in Hyundai i20 N Line cars is an ubiquitous issue. We have a thread running on the topic, https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...engines-4.html (Fuel pump failures in Hyundai-Kia vehicles with the turbo-petrol engines) .

Hyundai is far away from Maruti in terms of reliability. The thing that is helping and saving them is media and automotive influencers, media and the influencers never scrutinized and roasted them for their faults like they did for other manufacturers.

Hyundai India - The occasional serious quality lapse and apathetic manufacturer response!-screenshot-20230629-174500-hyundai-motor-india-hyundai-i20-nline-fuel-pump-issue.png
wheelguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 09:49   #325
BHPian

Here are some minor QC lapses in my new 2023 i20 Magna. Besides these, the bluetooth handsfree microphone is defective causing low outgoing call volume.

After reading all the other horror stories, I'm happy that for the price I paid (₹8.5L OTR), these are the only minor defects in a premium hatchback.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai India - The occasional serious quality lapse and apathetic manufacturer response!-dust-speck.jpg  

Hyundai India - The occasional serious quality lapse and apathetic manufacturer response!-pinhole-defect.jpg  

Hyundai India - The occasional serious quality lapse and apathetic manufacturer response!-left-rear-hatch-normal-panel-gap-4mm.jpg  

Hyundai India - The occasional serious quality lapse and apathetic manufacturer response!-right-rear-hatch-abnormal-panel-gap-8mm.jpg  

Old 1st October 2023, 13:06   #326
BHPian

Alas, my joy lasted only a day. When the car went slowly (5-10 kph) over a small speed bump yesterday I heard a loud thud from the front.

I stopped the car and checked to see if the front bumper got hit or some part fell off from the engine bay but nothing seemed off.

I guess it's already a malfunction in the suspension system. The car's been driven only 550kms till now. Anyone experience something similar with their new car?
Old 28th March 2024, 13:26   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby.thomas View Post
I have this problem in my Hyundai Xcent. But I didn't consider this yet as a defect because I figured out under what condition it does get stuck for me. Unless the vehicle is level on the ground (left-to-right, zero banking angle), there is a high chance the seat belt will get stuck. This typically happens for me when I park it in front of some house's gate, parallel to the road. There would already be a ramp at the gate entry, and my vehicle would be banking to the road side. It's sure for me to get stuck. I'll have to roll the vehicle out to a level terrain and then the seat belt would freely start to move.
I got the seat belt replaced last year under warranty, have not faced this issue since. So I would say it is a defect, might not be reported so widely or mostly ignored.
Old 28th March 2024, 22:35   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
I got the seat belt replaced last year under warranty, have not faced this issue since. So I would say it is a defect, might not be reported so widely or mostly ignored.
While this had been a quality issue thread about Hyundai, I take this opportunity to share experience with a new addition to my garage, a Maruti Suzuki S-Presso AMT VXi. It's been with us for about 6 months now, and have done it's second service. By now, I've had two issues which needed warranty replacement in that brand new car. One is the driver side power window switch which went kaput, but was an issue that we could drive with. The other was even horrible, the driver side seat belt got stuck permanently, while I was on trip. Nowadays there is AI camera all around, so I had to fake a laptop case belt instead and hooked it around and got the car back home. The vehicle had been waiting for parts to arrive for over a week in both the cases.

So, in the hindsight Hyundai had been nicer to me. This Xcent had stranded me only once recently in my 9 years with it so far. That happened because the starter motor got stuck. I had to get it fixed as an emergency through a local vehicle electrician. I believe the starter was a Lucas model that was replaced with. He is of the opinion that not just Hyundai, but a few other cars like Datsun all have the same failure happening after a few years. The carbon brush spring gets stuck. This keeps the brush poking the armature stack teeth eventually damaging it.

Xcent is still with me, and is the choice for long distance rides. It has now one unsolved issue. In the last service, I had complained of a wobbling in all gears (just like you would feel on heavy vehicles with a shaky leg on clutch), but most noticeable in 2nd or 3rd at around a specific RPM (~2k+). If you slightly apply clutch, then the wobbling stops. The last annual service had me ripped off by changing the whole clutch assembly (and I was hoping this would help). The clutch was hard, and that became definitely better but it wasn't even a problem for me. The wobbling continues, there are suggestions in Internet about replacing the flywheel too in such cases. The service guy was adamant that it's just the usual thing and just the clutch has to be applied. But I had been driving this for so many years (and even my sister has Xcent), so I can definitely tell the difference. As usual with all my problems, you can't exactly reproduce this when you want it to show to a technician. Xcent drives in 2nd and 3rd almost like an automatic, you never had to ride on clutch. To be fair, having a new AMT car didn't make it feel any better for me in that aspect. Anyway the new car was for my wife, so that's okay.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks