Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Will the new Hyundai Creta outsell the Kia Seltos?
Yes 335 48.34%
No 358 51.66%
Voters: 693. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2020, 17:36   #106
BANNED

Re: Sibling Rivalry! Will the 2020 Hyundai Creta outsell the Kia Seltos?

Definitely YES for me. The Creta's design initially felt like the biggest con, but not it has started growing on me. Though it looks a bit Chinese, but still I can live with it.

Seltos, with all the bling associated it it, has already started looking a bit old to me, while the Creta (which will also go same way), feels a bit bigger with a better road presence IMO, particularly at the front end.

On the inside, it has to be Creta again for me, be it in front or the rear. Be it the dash design, seats or overall color theme, Creta is as per my taste. And yes, that panoramic sunroof looks good.

That said, main advantage for Creta over Seltos is still the dealership network IMO.

Final Verdict: I won't buy either, if I have to spend 20 big ones, I will ignore these feature loaded babies and get a properly comfortable mile muncher - Innova crysta, even if base trim.
VKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 17:42   #107
RSR
Senior - BHPian

I voted yes, simply because Hyundai has been present in India for about two decades more than its sister company and has built a very large network in that time.

The Creta is that kind of design that looks weird in pictures but very classy in the flesh! Except the rear, that is, with its stupid, slim rear bumper and low-mounted "high-mounted stop lamp". The Seltos is a sharper, more mainstream design.

As for me personally, I would be torn between the two if I had to buy one. I prefer the Creta's cushier ride quality, but the Seltos' interior is the one I would pick.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 15:30   #108
BHPian

I voted 'Yes'.

I absolutely hate the 'exterior' design of the new Creta. But, there are no two ways about, if, I was in the market with this kind of a budget/car and if Creta/ Seltos were the choices it ultimately boiled down to, I would pick Creta against the Seltos.

The main factor influencing my decision, Hyundai's service coverage and past experience be it with insurance settlement, pick-up and drop service, relationship managed extremely well. I am not sure Kia may also do this, but why try something new when everything else (engine/ mileage/ performance) is not going to be majorly different between these two vehicles.

How would I justify hating the design but getting it. Well, once I got it, the only thing that mattered would be the interiors which is something I would be looking at/ using most of the time.

-Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 17:22   #109
BHPian

Voted 'No'. While I picked up my Seltos GTX Plus DCT last Dec when the new Creta was not launched yet, if I was buying my car today, I would still go for Seltos due to its much better looks and silhouette. Somehow, I can't see myself spending 20 big ones and settling for a car with an exterior looks which is not to my liking and hope that with time I would start liking it.
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 19:11   #110
Senior - BHPian

The Seltos seems to be losing steam to the Creta. The Creta has an average waiting period of 2.5 months now with 1 month being common for top trims(S/SXO) and 4 months for lower trims(E/EX/S).

The Seltos which used to have similar waiting periods is now readily available at dealership with an average wait period at 2-3 weeks (Except HTE which is 2 months).

I think the common sight of Seltos has put some buyers off it. My neighborhood has more Seltos than Suzukis now.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 19:23   #111
BHPian

I am being told 3 months for a 1.5 IVT (SX) in Mumbai for Creta!
kalpeshc is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks