Team-BHP - Honda India recalls 7 models over a faulty fuel pump
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Honda India recalls 7 models over a faulty fuel pump (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/223502-honda-india-recalls-7-models-over-faulty-fuel-pump.html)

Honda has recalled the Brio, Amaze, City, Jazz, WR-V, BR-V and CR-V over a faulty fuel pump.

Honda India recalls 7 models over a faulty fuel pump-2018hondaamaze07.jpg

A total of 65,651 cars manufactured in 2018 are said to be affected by this recall. According to Honda, the fuel pumps have defective impellers which could result in the engine stopping or not starting.

The total number of cars recalled include 32,498 units of the Amaze, 16,434 units of the City, 7,500 units of the Jazz, 7,057 units of the WR-V, 1,622 units of the BR-V, 360 units of the Brio and 180 units of the CR-V.

The faulty fuel pumps will be replaced free of cost at Honda dealerships across India in a phased manner starting from June 20, 2020.

Honda will be notifying owners of the affected cars. Owners can also check if their car is among those recalled by entering the 17 character alpha-numeric Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on this website.

Link to Team-BHP News

Thanks for this update. I checked my VIN for my 2018 BRV and it is due for a fuel pump change as per the website.

Surprisingly the Civic is not included in the recall

My Honday City ZX CVT manufactured in August 2018 and VIN starting with MAK is due for recall as per Honda website.

My City is a February 2019 manufactured vehicle. Just checked on the Honda website and it is not due for any recall.

Thanks for the post. I checked on the micro-site and it confirms a recall for my July 18 manufactured Honda Jazz.

Have we heard of any issues being reported by users of this nature? Do we have any information of the fuel pumps being stocked up at the service centers ?

Dad's 2018 Amaze wouldn't start at all, apart from the check engine light there wasn't any warning, RSA couldn't help much they didn't know what the problem was (they were third party not from Honda), called the service folks, after they arrived they confirmed its the fuel pump issue, they helped tow it, got it replaced free of cost though.

Our sept. 2019 Jazz was not a part of recalled cars but still stopped in the middle of the road and the Honda RSA was called. They informed us that it is the fuel pump that is faulty and the same was replaced under warranty.

I took up the issue with Honda India requesting for information on how could this happen. The interesting part was that the Honda was very quick to respond with satisfying response. The funny incident in all this is the Customer support GM from capital honda tried to convince us that it was our fault that caused the fuel pump to fail. We did not run the car a lot in the last year it seems! Neverthless, I am more than satisfied with the response from Honda and ignored the grease monkeys.