Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2007, 13:07   #1
Senior - BHPian

Engine problems with swift diesel

Hi all,

For the past few days now i ve been hearing from different sources that the FIAT mjd is having issues residing in swift diesel. I m wondering just what kind of issues is maruti currently facing with this diesel engine?

Is it that there is a lot of vibration or is it that the car performance has an issue. If i hear about the engine problem from hyundai (about swift) i can understand that it is pure marketing tactic, but not only did the hyundai guy talk about problems with swift diesel he also advised me against the current petrol GETZ due to poor mileage!

Now next on i go to the maruti authorized station near my home today and I hear from them too that there is a problem with the fiat engine in the swift. I m just curious to know whether others have heard the same and know what the "problem" could really be!

The only reason for this query is if maruti can have problems with fiat engine so can tata tomorrow! or others who use the same engine!
Old 17th March 2007, 13:25   #2
BHPian

this is horrifiying news. this could be a heartbreaking news for those whose are in the waiting list of Swift diesel.
Old 17th March 2007, 13:53   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a new one here. Swift diesel owners are going ga-ga over it. None commented the same on this forum. Probably, diesel owners can contribute.

Also, i feel its too early to comment as even if true, the problems in the engine will surface only after a certain period of time.
Old 17th March 2007, 14:10   #4
Team-BHP Support

If this story is to be true, then all fingers should point at Maruti's test team. Wonder how they did not realize the issue with the cars?
Old 17th March 2007, 14:27   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

If marketing people spoke the truth all the time, their careers would be extinct. All this has to be regarded with a pinch of salt until there's a demonstrated problem with the 1.3 Multijet. Besides this engine has been on the test bed for a healthy duration of time that would have bought out any issues with it.
Old 17th March 2007, 14:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

I would like to see actual owners of the Swift-D to come out here and speak.I would not believe such heard stories. Also I don't think anything like this is reported anywhere else. So all those who own the Swift Diesel, please share your views.

GeekSrik - other than the Hyundai and MUL service centres , what are your sources ?

Last edited by normally_crazy : 17th March 2007 at 14:47.
Old 17th March 2007, 14:53   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

, Has it ever happened in Indian Automobile history, vehicles being re-called due to a major problem?
Old 17th March 2007, 15:01   #8
BHPian

The diesel Multijet from FIAT is a brilliant engine by itself.. Actual owners are not really facing any problems with the engines.. Well just my 2 cents on the whole issue..
We know how bad and adultrated fuel specially DIESEL we get in India... Considering that it s fine peice of machinery there must be issues becoz of the adultration and these must be the problems that actually must be happening with the car.. I am saying this from my experience with the 220 CDI.. Diesel was the major reason for all the problems with the engines.. Moment we flushed the fuel tanks and added new fuel all the problems wud just disappear..
Cheers
Old 17th March 2007, 16:28   #9
BHPian

Well the Swift diesel Multijet from FIAT is indeed a brilliant engine in itself.

International Engine of the Year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was awarded in the 1.0 L to 1.4 L categoy. And that too in 2005. If there would have been problems in it it would have been corrected by now.

Even though it is made in India via Maruti's huge investment of 2,500 crore in a new plant, do you think that it will not play safe this time? With huge competition coming up in the Diesel variants from other manufacturers, Maruti cannot make risks.

Yes normal quality Diesel is a must with new age CRDI engines. And it must be filled from good pumps not from unknown road side pumps on highways etc. Also check out the thread -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ar-diesel.html
Old 17th March 2007, 17:05   #10
BHPian

dont give me heart attacks !!!! i just booked a swift diesel few days back
i drove the car 2 times..these cars were ..i mean one had done 2000 odd km and other 1500+..i dnt feel anything wrong !!!

i suppose its just a "fluing-new" which would be shot down soon !!!

i dnt believe it ....
Old 17th March 2007, 17:34   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
he also advised me against the current petrol GETZ due to poor mileage!
I happened to inquire about GETZ FE at HMP service station, today morning. They suggested FE of 11kpl in city.
Old 17th March 2007, 17:42   #12
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod: Thread closed.
The entire content of thread is based on rumours.
This thread will be reopened if
1. OP provides a link etc., which substantiates the claim
2. A swift diesel owner comes forward to substantiate the claims
3. Somebody has some actual insider info about this.

Until then its all speculation without any solid basis. The word of a hyundai guy for a maruti car is hardly a "valid" source.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks