Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your choice?
Skoda Rapid - Base variant 638 78.96%
Any Compact Sedan - Top variant 170 21.04%
Voters: 808. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2020, 22:04   #151
BHPian

Re: Would you buy the Skoda Rapid 1.0 (base trim) over similarly-priced Compact Sedans (higher trims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrish View Post
Hello all, as mentioned earlier the Rapid Rider is now home and apparently it is the first in Coimbatore!
Congrats on your new purchase!

A few basic mods done

- The Obvious ones (Art leather Seat Covers but of a higher quality and a Permitted 3M Sun Film only on the Windscreen)
- 16 Inch Clubber Alloys - Sourced from an Ex Rapid Owner
- Changed the MRF ZVTV to Yoko Blue Earth 195 Section
- Blackened Roof, ORVM & Tail lamps (More like a Monte Carlo Edition)
- White LED for the Cabin Lamps
- Being a BS6, I noticed that there are a couple of lamps that remain on all the time, changed it to white
- OE Fog Lamps Added
- An aftermarket Lip Spoiler - Got this one from Amazon. The Skoda charged a whopping 11K for it

Could you please share costs of the following mods :
1. OE Fog Lamps
2. Clubber Alloys (did you check the price for these and the 15 inch ones at the showroom?)
3. Roof and ORVM black wrap

Thanks in advance!
kunalsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 22:35   #152
BHPian

Re: Would you buy the Skoda Rapid 1.0 (base trim) over similarly-priced Compact Sedans (higher trims

Quote:

A few basic mods done

- The Obvious ones (Art leather Seat Covers but of a higher quality and a Permitted 3M Sun Film only on the Windscreen)
- 16 Inch Clubber Alloys - Sourced from an Ex Rapid Owner
- Changed the MRF ZVTV to Yoko Blue Earth 195 Section
- Blackened Roof, ORVM & Tail lamps (More like a Monte Carlo Edition)
- Being a BS6, I noticed that there are a couple of lamps that remain on all the time, changed it to white
- OE Fog Lamps Added
- An aftermarket Lip Spoiler - Got this one from Amazon. The Skoda charged a whopping 11K for it

Waiting for the Wheel Hub Caps as the previous owner had lost it.

:
Congratulations on your purchase. It's complete VFM, rather it puts other cars under 10L out of radar. Timeless design and it not being overloaded with electricals makes it the best thing out there.

That blackened roof and ORVMs looks slick . I always wondered how would rapid rider in white color look.
Roof and alloys do set it apart.

Are you planning to upgrade headlamps? Or are they adequate enough?
Old 24th June 2020, 23:18   #153
Senior - BHPian

Would the projector headlamps from the top end models require complete rewiring for the Rider? In other words, would it void warranty even if you source the whole unit through dealer?
Old 24th June 2020, 23:33   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Would the projector headlamps from the top end models require complete rewiring for the Rider? In other words, would it void warranty even if you source the whole unit through dealer?
If the plug at the back of the headlight assembly is the same, you can fit the projector headlamps and add a relay to help with the solenoid function.

Regarding the DRLs dimming (when the headlights are turned on) and DRL turn off (with the indicators ON) might require CANBUS programming.

Atleast in my Verna, there is a separate DRL module that controls the DRL functions
Old 25th June 2020, 00:11   #155
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. Skoda should have kept the projectors as standard like the Creta/Seltos.
Old 25th June 2020, 16:06   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolHead_1609 View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. It's complete VFM, rather it puts other cars under 10L out of radar. Timeless design and it not being overloaded with electricals makes it the best thing out there.

That blackened roof and ORVMs looks slick . I always wondered how would rapid rider in white color look.
Roof and alloys do set it apart.

Are you planning to upgrade headlamps? Or are they adequate enough?
Thanks, for now I am not touching anything else for a while. The lamps are adequate for me coming from a Ford Aspire Stock owner earlier

I hope in a while we can unlock the potential workarounds like the MID, Steering Controls and the Projector Lamps etc..
Sabrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 19:32   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all, as mentioned earlier the Rapid Rider is now home and apparently it is the first in Coimbatore!
Congratulations on your vehicle, honestly money well spent. This looks great, happy miles. I guess based on the mods, you spent approx 80k on the extra fittings and accessories, I think this is a great VFM variant. A proper touchscreen HU and voila, it would be a complete premium car.

I had seen a lot of comments where members mentioned that this base variant will be used by cabbies, but I am not pretty much sure. Cabbies love Diesels and yes few cabbies may buy it during year end discounts period which would be more VFM for them.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 23:27   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Nice mods, where did you get the projector headlamps and black fog lamps? I am assuming they’re either from the black package Rapid or Superskoda...?
Thanks. I had first got headlamps and fog smoked then after year or so got projectors fitted and then after few years got the original monte carlo headlamps (Black Package) and fogs fitted removed the older ones
Pics attached within 2 months of buying
Attached Thumbnails
Would you buy the Skoda Rapid 1.0 (base trim) over similarly-priced Compact Sedans (higher trims)?-img20200625wa0048.jpg  

Would you buy the Skoda Rapid 1.0 (base trim) over similarly-priced Compact Sedans (higher trims)?-img20200625wa0049.jpg  

Puneet0051 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 19:01   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
When one of the BHPians was looking for suggestions, on whether to pick a white or a carbon steel colour Rider (In the other Rapid thread),
I myself had suggested him a White car with above few mods.
Haha! I think you're referring to me! Have to agree this white variant with the mods is a stunner. I have decided to go ahead with the carbon Steel variant though. Already have 2 other white cars at home. A nice set of alloys on that should look quite nice for me!
tejascshetty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 11:35   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalsingh View Post
Congrats on your new purchase!

Query -
1. do the white LED cabin lamps switch off completely, in my case the Philips LED's they do dim, but are not completely of when driving . When parked and locked they do shut off completely, but when driving its a different story.
Link for Philips LED's https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33039700780.html
Old 29th November 2020, 01:31   #161
BHPian

I would definately pick this over any compact sedan. I Currently drive a 2013 Civic petrol and a 2012 i20 petrol. Would have considered the Rapid rider as a replacement for the i20 if not for Covid. The main alluring factors would be the 1.0 litre TSI turbo engine and the terrific chassis and pleasure of driving a full sized German sedan. Also the novelty of driving a turbo petrol over the regular N.A. petrol engines and the kick in the pants feel with the silence before the storm are mouth watering to say the least. The only fly in the ointment is the After Sales Services.
Old 29th November 2020, 16:11   #162
BHPian

I had more or less decided on the Swift ZXi as my first car but was waiting for some information on the Dualjet launch. Inspite of all the talk around safety, I loved the Swift because it seems to offer the best driving experience at this price range and Maruti's reliability.

I saw this thread, went through it and though why not! An awesome engine,a safer car and decent equipment for the price. It would not be easy to convince the family about owning a Skoda and resale value would not be great. But hey, you can't have it all. And this was probably among the few cars, I liked in white. So I decided to go over to the Skoda showroom near Palace Grounds (Bangalore) to find out about prices, financing and any other offers. I also started imagining myself in one.

At the showroom, I mentioned that I was interested in the Rapid Rider. I was told the Rider is discontinued and Rapid Plus is out of stock. I asked what they meant by out of stock and was told no more bookings for this year. I also mentioned that I saw the Rapid Rider on the website. But was again told clearly that it was discontinued.

I came back home disappointed. Now I continue waiting to hear something on the Swift Dualjet.
gopaneel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 17:01   #163
BHPian

I'm not sure I would because I am unsure whether my warranty will stand if I touch any of the electricals in the aftermarket, maybe later, for a touchscreen, hid upgrades etc etc. With a skoda, I would never want to lose my warranty under any circumstances.
Old 29th November 2020, 19:39   #164
Senior - BHPian

Rider and Rider Plus variants not available? That was the only attractive thing about 2020 Rapid. Why would anyone buy their overpriced higher variants?
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 22:25   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopaneel View Post
At the showroom, I mentioned that I was interested in the Rapid Rider. I was told the Rider is discontinued and Rapid Plus is out of stock. I asked what they meant by out of stock and was told no more bookings for this year. I also mentioned that I saw the Rapid Rider on the website. But was again told clearly that it was discontinued.

I came back home disappointed. Now I continue waiting to hear something on the Swift Dualjet.
Seems to be their standard response for the last three months. Trying to push discounted stock of Ambition and other higher variants.

Upon prodding said they have exhausted this year's stock, so booking has been suspended for the base variants.
Bookings will start only from January/February next year.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks