Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2020, 18:02   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash.1318 View Post
The BMW website still has the old copy of the BSI/BRI price list. I am closing in on getting the package for my 330i, the clarification would help me decide
First month purchase price limitation is what it clearly states on the website pdf, the last line mentioned with # states this, the bsi prices keep changing so it is better to have a word with your dealer about it.
BMW launches 6 year / unlimited km warranty EDIT: BMW discontinues 6th year warranty-imageuploadedbyteambhp1592915486.088680.jpg
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 18:04   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

re: BMW launches 6 year / unlimited km warranty EDIT: BMW discontinues 6th year warranty

Quote:
Are the prices in the 330i leaflet meant for the new cars(within 30 days of purchase) or for older ones too? The BMW website still has the old copy of the BSI/BRI price list. I am closing in on getting the package for my 330i, the clarification would help me decide
Attaching both. Typically price seems to go up by ~ 10-16% after 30 days from date of purchase.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 330i BSI+R Pricelist.pdf (893.1 KB, 244 views)
File Type: pdf 330i Sedan - Late Sale - BSI+R price list.pdf (894.4 KB, 251 views)
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 18:17   #33
BHPian

re: BMW launches 6 year / unlimited km warranty EDIT: BMW discontinues 6th year warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
First month purchase price limitation is what it clearly states on the website pdf, the last line mentioned with # states this, the bsi prices keep changing so it is better to have a word with your dealer about it.
Attachment 2019962
The quote I got - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4827083
And going by what you guys suggested, I have decided to go with the BSI Basic one for 3 Years/40,000KMS. Had bought the car with the 3rd year BRI, So I should be 99.99% covered for the next 2 years/3 services.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Attaching both. Typically price seems to go up by ~ 10-16% after 30 days from date of purchase.
The dealer material in the attachment says 39k for the basic one. The website says 33k. So was wondering if the prices have gone up for the new owners or has it come down for the existing owners
Old 23rd June 2020, 19:08   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The dealer material in the attachment says 39k for the basic one. The website says 33k. So was wondering if the prices have gone up for the new owners or has it come down for the existing owners
The prices mentioned on the website are without tax, with tax, it should be around 39k. Dealer quotation would include tax, hope that clears your doubts.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 23rd June 2020 at 19:12.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 07:45   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, some good news:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4830026 (7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs)

This vehicle is a keeper for minimum 6-7 years, and wanted some gyan on BSI & BRI:
BRI is a must-have so will stump up for the 5Y if not the 6Y package. Interesting PoVs on the 6Y package and I'm glad to get such varying and rich perspectives before I buy.

BSI is the issue here. In happier pre-COVID times, my usage came to ~55K in 4 years so roughly 13K km annually. I still hope to reach that in the next few years so which package should I go for?

1. Firstly which category - BSI or BSI Plus?
2. Again, how difficult is to move plans?
-- Can I move from one to the other within each category and across categories? For example, can I move from BSI to BSI+ mid-plan?
--For example, if my usage substantially exceeds my estimate and I end up reaching my mileage cap earlier, can I step up to the next mileage plan easily?
--If so, how does BMW calculate the extra payment?

A lot of questions, (sorry for that) but will really help BMW newbies like me.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 08:11   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome! Congratulations!

Quote:
BSI is the issue here. In happier pre-COVID times, my usage came to ~55K in 4 years so roughly 13K km annually. I still hope to reach that in the next few years so which package should I go for?
For your usage, I don't think it matters much. Whether you take BSI or pay for your services as you use, the both might come to about the same price in the 3-5 years period, for your usage. So I would say don't think too much about this.

My suggestion would be take 3 years BSI+ for now. Yes, you can always "top-up" BSI plans later.

If the usage is like 20k km per year, then BSI+ becomes a no-brainer. For usages less than 10k per year, it makes no sense. And for in-between cases, like yours, I don't think you can go wrong with either choices since they are probably equivalent in terms of the net cost to you.
Dr.AD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 11:54   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys, some good news:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4830026 (7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs)

This vehicle is a keeper for minimum 6-7 years, and wanted some gyan on BSI & BRI:
BRI is a must-have so will stump up for the 5Y if not the 6Y package. Interesting PoVs on the 6Y package and I'm glad to get such varying and rich perspectives before I buy.

Congratulations on the buy. I noticed a related post from Harmonixx on FB today - wondering if that was your car?

BSI seems to be far better priced than BSI+. It's clearly saving you money looking at the yearly charges for service.
80k for 5/60 with 6 services (~average of 10k/service) is just 16k per service, which is great.

The major thing you miss with BSI is the brake pads/disks, which depends on your driving style. If you are a super aggressive driver who expects to run out of a set of pads in <20k kms, BSI+ will be worth it, otherwise not. Another disadvantage is that BMW will not change anything that's not due for a change as per the onboard computer. Service due now but brake pads have another 3 months of life left? Sorry, you're out of luck and will have to make a repeat visit.
d3mon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 13:28   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

So did anyone buy BSI / BRI after these new rates/packages were announced?

I am still on the fence and still in my first month. Tending towards the normal BSI for 3Y/40km and BRI for 3Y/Unlimited.
Old 21st January 2021, 00:04   #39

Hi Guys

I am all set to purhcase a 2016 manufactured Bmw 320D Prestige with 18,000 kms on the ODO. The price quoted is 18 Lacs (Mumbai) and the car has existing BSI and BRI packages (5 Yrs) and both expire on 11/09/2021. The car is in absolutely mint condition and has been serviced at 15,000 kms.

My running is 15,000 kms per year. I am confused as to which BSI and BRI package to choose OR choose none at all.

I am a newbie and this would be my first luxury car hence i appreciate all the help.

Thanks a ton
Old 21st January 2021, 10:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by podaraditya View Post
I am all set to purhcase a 2016 manufactured Bmw 320D Prestige with 18,000 kms on the ODO. The price quoted is 18 Lacs (Mumbai) and the car has existing BSI and BRI packages (5 Yrs) and both expire on 11/09/2021. The car is in absolutely mint condition and has been serviced at 15,000 kms.

My running is 15,000 kms per year. I am confused as to which BSI and BRI package to choose OR choose none at all.
I wouold suggest you to extend to BSI Plus package to 10 years / 1 lakh kms.

That way you would get additional 80,000 kms service package for next 5 years giving you annual mileage of 16,000 kms; which meets your requirement.

BRI for one year additional be quite expensive, might suggest to skip it.

Do get the car checked at BMW Workshop before finalizing deal to know if any replacements are due or expected.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 00:11   #41
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

State of my X5's 6 year / 120000 km warranty;

I'm running on this service+repair package since April 2016. Now, 900 km short of 120000 km in just about 5 years. The package worked well through out but in last 5000 km run up, BMW has been showing its true colours !

The front break pads were worn at 115900 kms (2 weeks ago), I reported this to BMW service advisor along with an issue with low key battery and rear airmatic suspension airbag replacement. The car was sent for service on 21st January 2021.

After keeping the car in the service center for nearly 7 days, we received the car back on 29th January 2021. The service advisor says, he checked the break pads, they are all good until 5000 km ! (That's probably because the repair warranty expires then). The service was hardcoded to 5000 km due in April 2021. The BMW feedback team member mentioned that it could be some 'faulty' sensors !

Today is 7th Feb, with no out stations trips since 29th January till 7th Feb, the odometer shows 119189 km !! I've not driven the car for more than 100 kms a day since the delivery on 29th January. When did the car run for 3000+ km? In the service center ?

The vehicle status says the front break pads need replacement in 200 km and a service appointment needs to be booked once again. I had made reservations for 1400 km long journey starting early morning on Monday and returning 4 days later !

Failure on the highway would have been fatal. If the sensors were actually faulty, doesn't the service team know how to check the wear and tear of the break pads manually ? Wow, BMW so much for this level of automation ! Unbelievable.

With this saga, I' ve lost all the trust and respect to this brand, no matter how they built it to this stage with brilliant engines, the service is at loggerheads and inconsistent trying to save pennies and loosing customers. I'm sorry to say that BMW's downfall has just started as it does seem like a brand that's not functioning righteously anymore.

I'm disappointment with the kind of service provided. I sincerely advice fellow bhpians to be aware of these fraudulent service offered by BMW in the name BSI packages.

Last edited by niruvrs9669 : 7th February 2021 at 00:20. Reason: Addition
niruvrs9669 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 05:05   #42
Team-BHP Support

Brake pad indicator on idrive is mostly a miss. Can you tell how did you know that these needs replacement in the month of Jan, was there some squeal noise?

Why do you say that they programmed the brakes to show a later date? I don’t think that even an option! Maybe they cleaned everything and the system calculated the new mileage

The best way to check the brakes is to ask them to measure. They must have noted the values in Jan and if not than ask them to measure now. My understanding is that if these are not in the acceptable range they will have to replace irrespective of the idrive service requirements. If they missed in Jan and simply cleaned and relied on the idrive, it will be really bad on their part.

Contrary to your perception, dealerships earn by doing more warranty or maintenance work. It doesn’t matter if it’s under BRI/ BSI or customer pays. They will get the money only if work is done. Over here in North, dealerships usually tend to ask vehicles for a thorough check before warranties are expiring.

If you have a trip ahead, it won’t be advisable to travel until you speak to the service advisor and take his consent. Good luck.

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th February 2021 at 05:19.
Turbanator is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 11:02   #43
BHPian

Squeeling noise was observed back in January before the car was sent for inspection. Service advisor inspected the brakes and reverted saying that the pads have atleast 5000 km life still ! And supposedly the noise was due to some stuck particles between the front pads and the discs. There was no warning in the idrive then.

I felt it was programmed cos the vehicle was serviced when it was 115000 km and service notification popped was constantly showing as 5000 km in April 2021, without any reduction even after 1000 km done thereafter. The brakes were not effective as before during the short drives and the breaking distance had to be increased. This is even after I insisted the break pads be changed during service.

As per your recommendation, I just changed the tyres to Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV yesterday, the car felt more planted to the road ! Not sure if there was any bit cleaning done during the change over.

The brake pad warning popped up yesterday after the tyres were replaced infact. Not going to take the car for the planned journey which I was eagerly waiting for. Would have been quite a scene to be stuck in the western ghats with weak breaks which thankfully showed up yesterday !
niruvrs9669 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 16:51   #44
BHPian

BMW has today replaced the front break pads under warranty after taking a serious note of the issue reported.
Old 1st March 2021, 15:26   #45
BHPian

Guys,

Enclosed is the quote I received from BMW for 8yrs & 10yrs BSI+ package in December 2020.

I've clocked 1,20,000 Km in almost 5 years from April 2016 to Feb 2021, averaging about 25,000 km run per year. The packages offered to me have mileage restrictions, i.e, the 8 years package with 1,60,000 km which I'll be done in 6.5 years mostly and it's 10 years package, I'll be done in 8 years at the max .

Did someone mention about unlimited mileage for 6 yrs package being offered by BMW ? Is there such offer on 8 yrs package as well ? I'm also awaiting inputs from the dealer..
Attached Thumbnails
BMW launches 6 year / unlimited km warranty EDIT: BMW discontinues 6th year warranty-bmw_bsi.jpg  

niruvrs9669 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks