Team-BHP - Visit to Tata Motors Plant
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Visit to Tata Motors Plant (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/22388-visit-tata-motors-plant.html)

Around 20 of us from the Fiat Club had a tour of the Tata Motors Plant in Pimpri yesterday...a humbling experience! The plant sprawls over 1200 acres, and is a must see for any car enthusiast...The scale at which the plants function is unbelievable...(to give you an example, their canteen makes 80,000 samosas a day, their employee shuttle buses cover more milage than the PMT and PCMT combined everyday!) I was very impressed to see the levels Tata motors have acheieved in these last few years, especially when we saw the truck plant, and then the car plant...what a stark contrast! While photography within the plant was prohibited, I did manage these few shots.

This is a 1210 truck section, purpose built for teaching the trainees. It even had an electric motor to turn the engine and show the transfer of motion all the way to the rear wheels.

The Indigo exploded view.

A couple of the Tata Mercedes trucks from the 50s, recently restored...
(next to them were displayed the entire Tata fleet over the years, including the Estate with the board reading "year of manufacture, 1995. Restored, 2004!")

The highlight of the trip curiously, was not a Tata vehicle, but a 1926 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost, purchased from a maharaja many years ago as a project for the apprentice boys to restore...and they've done a marvellous job! Unfortunately the engine block was cracked recently, and the cars awaiting a new one.

A group shot as we left.

I do recommend you go for a visit, they orgnaise it very well.

Neat pictures Karl. You did not invite me :mad: !! I would have loved to come. Now when do you guys want to visit the Fiat plant in Ranjangaon?

cool ya. i also want to go. hey Moralfibre. When r u going to visit fiat plant??? plzzzzz tell me guy's. i really want to come.please:

Tushky we will plan something out real soon. Give me time till this month as I am pretty much tied up.

And smiley usage is restricted to "2 per post" :p. Wait till the mods whiplash you now.

thanks moralfibre. karlosdeville,i have few questions.
will they allow to enter single or 2 persons to check the plant?? how to get permission for visit??

Awesome pictures.. I loved the first one The cutaway section of the Truck.. In the background if you see there is a black Merc standing.. One of my all time favourites..
You rarely get to see these on Roads...

Godfather

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather (Post 394233)
In the background if you see there is a black Merc standing.. One of my all time favourites..
You rarely get to see these on Roads...

that merc was donated to the apprentice workshop sometime back i believe...it used to belong to a doctor, who coincidentally delivered me!

What is the procedure to arrange a visit at the Tata Motors plant??

well, we just called them up and asked when we could come!:) they handled the rest...

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 394104)
Tushky we will plan something out real soon. Give me time till this month as I am pretty much tied up.

And smiley usage is restricted to "2 per post" :p. Wait till the mods whiplash you now.

Im in for any plant visit too!!!!! Just PM me the dates................

Holy sweet! A Tata plant visit would have been a mindblowing tour. Did you have someone show and explain you around?

We had visited the Mahindra plant courtesy "Stratos". Here is a link to our experience : Linky

Unfortunately no pictures. Dippys camera got seized on entry.

Wow! This is great. A plant visit.

@KarlosDevil. A bit more detailed report will be great.

Bangy boys should try and arrange a visit to Toyota plant. It'll be very informative.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 395449)
Bangy boys should try and arrange a visit to Toyota plant. It'll be very informative.

Zak, what about co-ordinating with the Bangy boys and then we (from GOD's Own Country) can also join them for the visit? :confused:

Or else with the Chennai guys for a visit to either Ford, Hyundai or even BMW! I don't ask for much, eh ;)

If anybody from the south is willing, i'll try to send a mail to them and see their response.

Great trip there. Brings back memories of our Mahindra trip. I wonder if they allow a trip to the Mercedes Benz plant. Now that would be something

Quote:

Originally Posted by arif_t01 (Post 395524)
Zak, what about co-ordinating with the Bangy boys and then we (from GOD's Own Country) can also join them for the visit? :confused:

Or else with the Chennai guys for a visit to either Ford, Hyundai or even BMW! I don't ask for much, eh ;)

If anybody from the south is willing, i'll try to send a mail to them and see their response.

I would be interested in a trip to the Ford plant in Chennai. Please do let me know. :Cheering: