Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2020, 10:09   #16
BHPian

Re: June 2020 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Nobody's buying Honda City, Ford ES, XUV 300 anymore?

I'm expecting Brezza to lose it's place now that their Diesel is unavailable and the 1.5L petrol got expensive because of losing on lower tax slab. Expecting Seltos to retain its position and the likes of Tiago to rise up the chart in the coming months.
Old 3rd July 2020, 12:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Altroz is not getting the attention it deserves.
Well at least for June'20 Altroz got enough attention, it outsold Elite i20.
S.MJet is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 12:03   #18
BHPian

I think this is the first time ever Honda reported less dispatches than VW. High time for them to wake up.

Also VW having 0 dispatches Of T-Roc because of software issue and more than 150 Karoq already dispatched is really sad on part of VW.

Last edited by prateekchanana : 3rd July 2020 at 12:03. Reason: Typo
Old 3rd July 2020, 12:11   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphodb View Post

I'm expecting Brezza to lose it's place now that their Diesel is unavailable and the 1.5L petrol got expensive because of losing on lower tax slab. --.
Vitara Brezza in its Petrol ONLY avatar is the top seller in the <4m compact SUV segment.
Quote:
Maruti Brezza regains top spot in Sub 4m SUV sales June 2020 – Venue, Nexon follow

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 12:11   #20
BHPian

I see Hyundai has shipped 39XX Grand I10 Nios in June.
I have a pending order of Nios which was booked on May 1st however there is no update on the availability of May or June manufactured vehicle yet. I am told due to Covid scenario, the despatches are slow or nil from Hyundai factory near Chennai and the focus of the Factory is on manufacturing of new Verna and new Gen Creta as there are high number of advanced booking.
May I please request any other BHpian who is in a similar scenario or knows any more info on the same.
Old 3rd July 2020, 12:40   #21
BHPian

"Zero" shipment of the Alturas for the 4th month straight. I wonder what's happening there.
Pkumarblore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 13:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Market is clearly in love of SUV's now. Majority sales are coming from SUV's or SUVish cars, sedans is thing of past now. My 2 paise -

Maruti - Looks like lack of diesel is going to hurt them for now. Their Market share falls to < 44% which is seen after few years I guess. Get Diesel soon Maruti.

Hyundai - Good show by New Creta & Venue. Others not doing much.

Honda - Struggling big way, tough times ahead for sure. New City can pull some sales but not much.

Ford - Same as Honda, nothing much to cheer. Endeavour doing comparatively better.

Kia - Good show by Carnival till now considering its price. Seltos still going good.

Tata - Good show in bad times. Altroz has a good start, need to continue same. Tiago & Nexon are doing good as usual. Harrier need to pull it's socks. Good sales & service can easily double or triple sales.

Mahindra - Clearly struggling, old work horses Bolero & Scorpio bringing some sales, that's it.

Skoda - Not bad, show as usual. No numbers for new Karoq?

VW - T-roc dead duck already? Only Polo selling, nothing else.

Renault - Triber and Kwid are lone warriors, Duster days are gone now. Need new SUV now.

Toyota - Same story, Innova and Fortuner doing business.

Nissan/Datsun - Not sure why they are still in business.

Hope to see improved numbers in coming months.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 13:09   #23
BHPian

Tata must be really happy with this month. All their cars seem to have recovered to close to Jan 20 numbers. I hope they can sustain the momentum in the coming months. At the same time, I am sad seeing the numbers for Toyota. Given the steep prices of their vehicles, they seem to make sense in the D1 segment and above.
Old 3rd July 2020, 13:15   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Well at least for June'20 Altroz got enough attention, it outsold Elite i20.
Low sales of i20 can be attributed to the awaited launch of the refreshed BS6 version.
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 13:31   #25
BHPian

What we thought was that Creta-Seltos pair may cannibalize each other. Instead, both rule the charts. Shows what strong brand presence as well as solid products can do.

On a different note, it is refreshing to see Tata coming up to the 3rd position. The brand has been trying very hard for quite some time now and they deserve to get the results. Altroz has certainly helped. However, these numbers would have grown even more only if they had provided Nexon's turbo along with an automatic option. Why TATA, why? Why delay the inevitable like you did for the Harrier?
SansGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 13:33   #26
BHPian

No data on Nexon EV?
Old 3rd July 2020, 13:56   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Mahindra - Clearly struggling, old work horses Bolero & Scorpio bringing some sales, that's it.
For Mahindra many models BS-6 versions are still not ready yet hence you see zero sales for many models.
Old 3rd July 2020, 15:10   #28
BHPian

Honda numbers though alarming need to be a sign of things to come. It is important to remember that three of their mass market models are due for a major BS6 refresh (Jazz and WR-V) or are expecting upgrades (City and WR-V).

I feel Honda is pushing out old stock while the market is still recovering from the pandemic. I expect them to have new and fresh models ready for delivery without much waiting times when the market picks up (>70% of pre-pandemic era).

Most of their business decisions in India are questionable. However, one feels one can find some rationale here.
Old 3rd July 2020, 15:54   #29
BHPian

There are a few points that jump out:
  1. No mention of EVs from Tata and Mahindra (Tigor, Nexon, e-Verito) , along with Skoda Karoq. The numbers of the three manufacturers might change a little bit.
  2. Honda's performance is shocking. I really hope it's them refreshing their production line for the new City and BS6 versions of Diesel Civic and WR-V. Numbers of Amaze cannot be explained. Hope that Honda does'nt become the next Ford.
  3. MG ZS EV sells 145 units (100+ consistently in normal times) while Hyundai Kona, which is not much pricier in comparison only sells 16 , ~12% of the MG's EV (again consistently). Supply constraints or otherwise, this is surprising, since the extra cash for Kona is fully worth it.
  4. Kia is playing "Catch me if you can" with Mahindra . With the Seltos party far from over, Mahindra has got a reason to worry about losing their position in the top 4
  5. VW seems to have dispatched a bit too many Polos to their dealers. Have to see the next 2 months stats to know if it's the real demand. Except for the enthusiasts, I don't see why people will still pick the Polo over other offerings in the segment. Meanwhile, What's preventing VW from bringing in the next gen Polo based Vento? The new Polo doesn't fit under 4m and Germans might not be fond of deviating from their standards, but that's not a problem with the Vento!
  6. Nissan only sells the Kicks as GT-R registers 0 (understandably, being a niche product). Sensible to shut shop than investing in brand building and dealer network maintenance. Otherwise, be they could different and bring in products like the Leaf, Patrol and be a premium player, while Renault caters to mass market.
  7. 10 years from now, Toyota will still be selling only Fortuner and Innova, but in the 30-60 lakhs price bracket. Amazingly, Indians will still be buying a few thousand copies of each.

Last edited by govindremesh : 3rd July 2020 at 15:57.
Old 3rd July 2020, 18:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand the low numbers on the Ford's (except Endeavour) part. What do these vehicles really lack?

Feature packed? Check
Competent engines? Check
Competent ride and handling balance? Check (probably best in segment)
Solid build? Check
Competent ASS? Check
Price? Most VFM, Check
NVH factor? Really great.

Despite all these, I really don't understand the consistently low numbers. I had recently purchased a low run ES Sports, and I absolutely can't fault it for anything other than the slightly less spacious cabin (superb for 4 though).
07CR is online now   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks