Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy a used Skoda Octavia today?
Yes 508 72.26%
No 195 27.74%
Voters: 703. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2020, 21:56   #61
BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Bumping this thread seeking your views on a listing I saw recently.

December 2017 1.8 TSI Style Plus variant (face-lift) with 25K on the odo. Warranty and AMC till December 2021. Quoted price - Rs. 16,00,000.

Had almost finalized the New City so do you guys think this is a good deal at Rs. 14L?
Old 9th September 2020, 22:44   #62
BHPian

On a different note I was looking at the OLX today and saw few used Octavia , 2013 - 2014 models with approx. 70K on the odo for around 7 Lakhs. This is the 2.0 L MT. How good is this ? Does this sounds too good to be true deal ?
Old 10th September 2020, 09:12   #63
BHPian

Voted Yes.

I picked up my close friend’s 70,000km run , 2013 end 2.0 dsg in 2017. My father has been using it since and it’s serving him well. The maintenance cost is definitely on the higher side as it’s out of warranty but the car is doing it’s duty well. We have tried most of the fixes for the squeaks in the auto folding rear view mirrors and the sunroof but they turn up sooner or later. The biggest disappointment is the poor throw of the projectors for which I hereby seek a Safe upgrade advice from the Octavia owners.

I owned a 2012 make 2.0 tdi Laura DSG for 3 years and in comparison it did feel strongly built , sure footed on the drives and less bouncy. Thankfully I haven’t encountered any issue with the DSG in any of the cars. A Laura at half the price of the Octavia is a no brainer if one could find a good one.

Last edited by .Albatross. : 10th September 2020 at 09:16. Reason: Typo error
.Albatross. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 00:04   #64

Just so desirable!
I'm torn between a 2018 Petrol AT and a 2017 Diesel AT, both in the elegance trim. The petrol one has done barely 20k but the asking rate is high.
Diesel is at a throw away price (2L less than the petrol)
I know the suspension is different and the TSI motor is fun. What is the right thing to do here?
Old 11th September 2020, 06:43   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post

Had almost finalized the New City so do you guys think this is a good deal at Rs. 14L?
No idea on price. But the City is no match or in the ballpark of the Octavia in terms of space, build or handling. You're certainly upgrading to a bigger class and you can expect more expenditure on mileage, service and maintenance. It's not just the buying price that matters.

Work out this and if you can manage that without a heartburn, do go in for the Octavia.
discoverwild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 08:48   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
No idea on price. But the City is no match or in the ballpark of the Octavia in terms of space, build or handling. You're certainly upgrading to a bigger class and you can expect more expenditure on mileage, service and maintenance. It's not just the buying price that matters.

Work out this and if you can manage that without a heartburn, do go in for the Octavia.
Thanks. Eventually let the Octavia and City go and booked the new Creta.
Old 4th April 2021, 23:06   #67
BHPian

I have lived with a Skoda Laura for the last few years, it was a1.8 TSi manual, re-mapped to about 230 BHP ( tested on dyno). Sold the car a few months back as it was hardly being used. In essence I am therefore used to the quirks of living with a Skoda.
Now... a very good friend is seelling his 2014 Skoda Octavia, 1.8 TSi. However, this is the automatic with the worrisome DQ200 GB. The car is taken extreme care of and till date has done about 35K km. He is now planning to put the car on the block and the bug of owning a Skoda has bitten me again.
I am a bit worried about the GB issues, other wise the car is really clean. Is there any way to find out if the GB is on its way out? Also what should be a good price for this car in Mumbai.
Comments/ Opinions will be highly appreciated. God Speed.

Last edited by Maverick1977 : 4th April 2021 at 23:07.
Old 5th April 2021, 07:03   #68
BHPian

Seems a lot of love for skoda. A very close friend is selling his 2017 top end 2 litre tdi 6 speed dsg. He is just waiting for the new one to be announced. No crashes and well looked after. Very low usage too.

Mods, not sure if this is against the rules, so please delete if it is.
Old 9th October 2021, 08:55   #69

Buying a Pre Owned Skoda Octavia L&K

Hi Folks,

There is an opportunity to buy a pre worshipped Octavia TSI AT L&K that i have been searching for a while now.
Considering its a 2019 Petrol car, with approximately 25K KMs run, single owner car, decently maintained, with service history. What should be the fair value in Delhi/NCR for the car?
It was around 31L OTR at the time of the original buy.

Things that i am planning before finalizing -
Long TD, before taking a final call.
Am also planning to try & get the service history from a Skoda workshop or maybe get the vehicle serviced before finalizing the deal (if i am unable to get service details, so that at the time of service i can ensure it gets a thorough check). I don't know a FNG mechanic, who is an expert in Skoda cars.
What are some of the other things that i should be checking before i commit? I will do the due diligence in terms of checking for accidental paint work/ tyre condition, cold start and other visual checks.

I have owned a Skoda Superb (Manual) in the past, so am aware of the typical Skoda reliability & servicing challenges.

Suggestions much appreciated.
Old 22nd October 2021, 20:22   #70
BHPian

Evaluating an immaculate 2015 1.8 TSI Style plus in Mumbai with under 40k on odo. What would be the fair price?

More importantly, how much money should one budget for the GB failure which is very likely? Apart from GB what all are likely to fail in next 3 years given the car is 6 years old. There is no warranty possible this car. All in all, would 2-3 lakhs be sufficient fund for maintenance/repairs for next 3 years?
Old 23rd November 2021, 07:37   #71
BHPian

DSG and other repair costs in 6 year old Octavia 1.8 TSI with DQ200

Hi fellow bhpians, does any one has information on the costs of repairs (apart from periodic maintenance) for a 6 year old Octavia 1.8 TSI? I am evaluating to buy one which is very well maintained and has a low mileage of 40000 km. The owner has done DSG remap of TVS and ECU remap of Revo. As per the owner, TVS remap almost ensures that the DSG would not fail. Also, the car is very well maintained and has many other finer mods such as air filter, better sway bar, better air intake components etc. Of course the owner is expecting a premium for these mods.

My biggest worry is DSG failure as it is DQ200 GB. My only pull is that it is a car from a trusted source and everything looks good with the car. I have even taken a clean chit from the FNG who has maintained the car and done all the mods.
  1. Should I take the plunge and buy it? I know this thread recommends diesel mill with different GB, but this is the one which is available to me.
  2. Does TVS remap of DSG really increase the reliability of the gearbox?
  3. How much money should I keep aside for repairs over next 3 years?
  4. What should I expect as resale for a 9 years old Octavia in 2025?
Old 21st December 2021, 00:24   #72
BHPian

Hi All,

I have come across a 2017 facelift Octavia. It's the L&K model 2.0 diesel done approx 20k kms. I am looking to upgrade from a Ameo TDi DSG. I am keen on the diesel due to better reliability and the diesel torque.

Now the asking for the Octy is 17.5 lacs which I frankly think is very high for a close to 5 year old car. What would be a fair price for it?

Also my Ameo is the highline plus DSG, bought in Dec 18 and done 25k kms. What would be a fair price to sell?
Old 21st December 2021, 07:51   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
[*]Should I take the plunge and buy it? I know this thread recommends diesel mill with different GB, but this is the one which is available to me.[*]Does TVS remap of DSG really increase the reliability of the gearbox?[*]How much money should I keep aside for repairs over next 3 years? [*]What should I expect as resale for a 9 years old Octavia in 2025?[/list]
I would suggest you get this verified with another FNG or ŠKODA service center too. There is a possibility of the current FNG having conscious / subconscious partiality for the car they have worked on. Don’t think a remap will improve the reliability of this gearbox, neither makes it bad. Suggest you keep couple of lakhs as reserve for any work. 2025 is a long time to forecast the resale considering how auto industry is changing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHPjunkie View Post

Now the asking for the Octy is 17.5 lacs which I frankly think is very high for a close to 5 year old car. What would be a fair price for it?
Cannot tell about Mumbai, but if in Bangalore this is a good price, only if that 20k kms is genuine. A new one OTR Bangalore would have costed around 33 lakhs and to add there are no VAG diesels available. Also this car is very reliable and can easily put a lot of kms.
sunikkat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 12:33   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHPjunkie View Post
Hi All,

I have come across a 2017 facelift Octavia. It's the L&K model 2.0 diesel done approx 20k kms. I am looking to upgrade from a Ameo TDi DSG. I am keen on the diesel due to better reliability and the diesel torque.

Also my Ameo is the highline plus DSG, bought in Dec 18 and done 25k kms. What would be a fair price to sell?
Hi,
A person I know sold his 2017 pre-facelift Octavia Petrol topend 27K Kms run for 14.5L in Hyderabad. 16L seems to be a good price for this car considering facelift model and diesel.
PG245 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 14:20   #75
BHPian

Could not find a relevant thread for this question so posting here as some have asked a similar question on this thread.

I have come across a 2014 Audi A4 TDi (177 bhp) which has done only 12k kms. The price is tempting, about 11.xx lacs is the asking. I know the kms run makes it look unreal but the seller is trustworthy and there is no odo tampering. Now its run less but does it make sense to go ahead with this deal as the vehicle is 8 years old? I plan to use is for 4-5 years and inclined towards diesel engines.

I am currently using a Dec 2018 VW Ameo TDi DSG and looking at an upgrade. I would be exchanging the Ameo for the replacement. My max budget is 15 lacs. Even Octavia's and Superb's are asking 18.xx lacs and above for a 5 year old vehicle and diesels are even more premium than petrol. The issue now is the lack of new diesels.

So does it make sense to go for the A4, or would that turn out to be an headache, and its better keep looking for another diesel from the VW or Skoda stable?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks