Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2020, 13:50   #46
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Audi Q2 India launch in September 2020

While it does look handsome, it will face stiff competition from the Karoq and T-Roc. But the pricing will decide whether it’s a hit or miss.And If they price it over ₹30 lakhs, Audi will have another dud on their hands.
Old 5th October 2020, 14:20   #47
BHPian

I got some info from Audi Bangalore in the form of a spec sheet. He said that the official prices haven't been revealed but will be priced between 35-41 ex-showroom depending on the variant.

Rumour: Audi Q2 India launch in September 2020-audi.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 5th October 2020 at 16:06. Reason: Watermark added
BMvW.Rajat is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 19:07   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Isn't 35-41L too expensive for a small car like the Q2 that too for the pre-facelifted one, I would rather buy the larger Karoq!
It gets the 2L TSi which is explosive but then the Karoq's 1.5L Tsi is not bad either.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 5th October 2020 at 19:15.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 19:21   #49
BHPian

Agreed. They have priced it over the Q3 as well. The Tiguan all space or the Kodiaq is a far better value proposition. The Q2 is really tiny in terms of dimensions when compared to the two.
In fact, I personally considered the Q3 to be a jacked up hatch rather than an SUV, Audi has already priced themselves out of the game.
BMvW.Rajat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 20:08   #50
Team-BHP Support

Sometimes I wonder how these corporate guys work, offering 5+ variants for a CBU which is probably not going to sell in 3 digits is criminal.

They could have consulted their own colleagues at VW and Skoda who have got some success with their CBU launches recently and should have gone aggressively with one or two variants. Most of their dealers are managing from workshop sales but this cannot continue forever. Sooner or later, old cars will stop coming. They can easily launch some limited numbers at no profits and get the people back to their showrooms. Once you have crowd, it's possible to convert some of these leads to higher models. But with this kind of launches (if the prices are indeed correct) they are not going anywhere.

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th October 2020 at 20:32.
Turbanator is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 20:59   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Sometimes I wonder how these corporate guys work, offering 5+ variants for a CBU which is probably not going to sell in 3 digits is criminal.

They could have consulted their own colleagues at VW and Skoda who have got some success with their CBU launches recently and should have gone aggressively with one or two variants. Most of their dealers are managing from workshop sales but this cannot continue forever. Sooner or later, old cars will stop coming. They can easily launch some limited numbers at no profits and get the people back to their showrooms. Once you have crowd, it's possible to convert some of these leads to higher models. But with this kind of launches (if the prices are indeed correct) they are not going anywhere.
Exactly, the way Audi is behaving in India is as if they don’t want lower segment cars to sell, only want the A8s and Q8s in their portfolios for show which are themselves very limited due to lack of diesels. Other manufacturers like Mercedes-Benz and BMW were quick to launch both petrol and diesel BS6 cars whereas Audi is not able to launch the 2L TSI in its smaller cars till now! I guess Audi is really looking forward for the used car market. At this level even Volvo may overtake Audi in overall sales!
CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 21:07   #52
BHPian

40 lakhs OTR for the base variant and you don't even get cruise control.

I personally feel luxury cars should have variants based only on engine/gearbox/suspension. All other common features should be available across variants.
pavanmadhini is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 23:31   #53
BHPian

So some more information has come to light. Apparently, Audi will be offering 3 years 'cost free' ownership (service wise) with RSA and a 3 year warranty as standard across all variants. This can be extended to 5 years by paying a "small amount".

Last edited by BMvW.Rajat : 5th October 2020 at 23:32.
Old 6th October 2020, 09:47   #54
BHPian

Audi IN's strategy is quite laughable if they're thinking of pricing the Q2 between 35-41. Seeing the S-Line trim on the top-spec and flat bottom steering wheel, it almost sounds like they're planning on positioning the Q2 as a sporty lil car, possibly a sportier alternative to the Q3. This was the one chance they had to (in my opinion):
  • potentially move serious units
  • get back in the premium car race
  • strengthen how the average Indian buyer feels about the brand
With that pricing, it's anybody's guess how the car would perform. And if despite the pricing and poorly equipped base model the car does move units, well, that really speaks volumes about the average buyer doesn't it

Serious qn: is Audi upper management not aware of these basic things? I have a hard time believing so. I wonder if their hands are tied as well. But in that case, why bring this car here only to have another potential flop in their portfolio?
Old 6th October 2020, 10:31   #55
BHPian

Audi Q2 size is the same as VW T-Roc. The engine is the same as Skoda Superb.

T-Roc's price is 19.99 and Superb is 29.99. Asking customers to pay 35 for 4 intertwined circles badge is a cardinal sin.

I was expecting Audi would do something like BMW when they launched X1 corporate edition at a drooling price a few years ago. I reckon Audi has completely lost the plot.
fache89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 11:41   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fache89 View Post
Audi Q2 size is the same as VW T-Roc. The engine is the same as Skoda Superb.

T-Roc's price is 19.99 and Superb is 29.99. Asking customers to pay 35 for 4 intertwined circles badge is a cardinal sin.

I was expecting Audi would do something like BMW when they launched X1 corporate edition at a drooling price a few years ago. I reckon Audi has completely lost the plot.
Do note that the predicted pricing is ex-showroom. Which means it will touch almost 45L on road in Bangalore.
Old 6th October 2020, 16:21   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Audi Q2 in India:

Rumour: Audi Q2 India launch in September 2020-audiq2540x720.jpeg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 19:50   #58
BHPian

41 lakhs for the top variant is way too expensive. Might as well pay 4 Lakhs more and get the BMW X1 M. Criminal pricing by Audi.
They should've started at 30 to 35 max. So the on road price would have been a bit short of 45 lakhs top.
Old 7th October 2020, 18:04   #59
VSD
BHPian

I have a feeling Audi will be launching it close to 31L for standard and go up to 40L ex-showroom for technology variant. The standard car has nothing on offer that can be termed as luxury, it's sole purpose is be to drive in customers to have peek and then up-sell the higher Premium Plus variants . Technology variant like in most of their models will hardly sell and won't even be seen in dealer inventory other than the display cars.
While this may seem too high, they're probably factoring in all the introductory offers they'll have to provide like Service, RSA and Extended warranty for 3/5 years. Once we approach the end of year we'll probably have about 2-5 lacs off the price and the 2.0 petrol engine wouldn't seem so bad after all.
I have been looking to make a purchase something compact, safe, slightly high GC and somewhat fun to drive in 20-35L segment for a while and the 1.5 petrol just doesn't cut it for me. This could make sense if I can have it for around 30-35.
VSD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 21:24   #60
BANNED

Rough Q2 performance figures from Autocar India in this month's issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Audi Q2 India launch in September 2020-20201007_212236.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks