Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2020, 11:22   #1
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced

Volkswagen has reduced the prices of the Polo and the Vento 1.0-litre TSI Highline Plus MT variants. The Polo now costs Rs. 7.89 lakh while the Vento costs Rs. 10.99 lakh (ex-showroom). Prices are yet to be updated on the website.

Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced-polo.jpg

At launch, these variants of the Polo and Vento were priced at Rs. 8.02 lakh and Rs. 11.99 lakh respectively.

Both cars are powered by a 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine that makes 108 BHP and 175 Nm of torque. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic transmission.

Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced-vento.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by ChiragM : 15th July 2020 at 11:23.
ChiragM is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 11:29   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced

Not sure how many people even bought the TSI limited edition Polo and Vento. It was like flash sale. Showed it's on sale but nobody could get one.

Now what they have effectively done is discontinue the TSI editions and dropped the prices of the Highline plus variants same as that of TSI edition.

The TSI editions were identical to the Highline plus variant in features but had additional black roof, decals etc. In case of the Polo, the TSI edition was 13K cheaper than the Highline Plus and in case of Vento, the difference was 1 lakh which is huge.

I hope nobody actually bought a Highline Plus for the 11.99L in the last 2 months. That would really suck for them cause effectively the price is now 10.99L for the same car.
Vid6639 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 11:41   #3
BHPian

They seem to be turning dials knobs trying to figure out where the Vento sits in the pecking order and price graph of the Skoda/VW India sedan line up.

I really don't know what this means for new buyers, like Vid6639 says - I hope no one bought this varient in the last two months. No amount of post purchase rationalization will help with the buyers remorse.

OT: I've been considering a second car for home and was waiting on the launch of the Rapid AT varients. I can't for the life of me find a comparison between variants on the VW site. It doesn't help that VW keeps chopping and changing variant offerings.
Karthik_S is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 11:59   #4
BHPian

I don't get what the clowns at VW are smoking, they did a similar goof up with the Passat's stratospheric pricing, then comes the "Connect" edition which is basically the same car less some 3 lakhs off ex-showroom = end result lost me (and many more) as a customer... well, the plus side for me was that I never replaced my ever faithful Jetta, so saved $$$ ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Not sure how many people even bought the TSI limited edition Polo and Vento. It was like flash sale. Showed it's on sale but nobody could get one.

Now what they have effectively done is discontinue the TSI editions and dropped the prices of the Highline plus variants same as that of TSI edition.

The TSI editions were identical to the Highline plus variant in features but had additional black roof, decals etc. In case of the Polo, the TSI edition was 13K cheaper than the Highline Plus and in case of Vento, the difference was 1 lakh which is huge.

I hope nobody actually bought a Highline Plus for the 11.99L in the last 2 months. That would really suck for them cause effectively the price is now 10.99L for the same car.
AirWind is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 12:23   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Very interesting. I would not be surprised if there are further discounts, since a number of whatsapp messages from dealers have been going around offering the Polo TSI for 7.39 lakhs as posted on the Polo thread.

Skoda have been doing price discovery by starting low and going up the ladder, VW has been doing the opposite by starting high going down. It sounds like experiments that eCommerce companies would conduct to test hypothesis by making changes on a daily basis on product, price, placement and promotions. Is this the new normal of how cars will be sold? Like Petrol and Diesel fuel prices which change every day
84.monsoon is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 12:24   #6
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 16th July 2020 at 11:08.
TokyoDrifter is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th July 2020, 13:38   #7
BHPian

Does these price cuts indicate Volkswagen's hurry to liquidate stocks to bring the next gen sooner than expected
Old 16th July 2020, 11:13   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

To me, this shows a lack of decisiveness from the Skoda-VW management (remember, Skoda is in charge of the overall group now). Car prices shouldn't be treated like that of vegetables which change so frequently. It adds some negativity to the brand, especially for those who'd have just bought the Highline Plus. We recently saw some opportunistic shuffling even on the Skoda Rapid - more information.
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 09:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen website updated the reduced prices on Polo and Vento under Customers benefit offer price.

Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced-smartselect_20200717090904_chrome.jpg

Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced-smartselect_20200717092609_chrome.jpg

Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced-smartselect_20200717092557_chrome.jpg

Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced-smartselect_20200717091225_chrome.jpg

Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced-smartselect_20200717091148_chrome.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 09:24   #10
BHPian

Again another price change by VW group. Since VW are not introducing updated Polo or Vento in the Indian market, they are just modifying the variants every month. Last month it was Polo and Vento TSI Edition, this month it will be something else. And its not like they provide any major mechanical or equipment upgrade in the special variants, its just some slight additions of exterior designs or some minor equipment changes.
I really hope they get their act together and get some stability in their model range and prices.
Old 18th July 2020, 11:44   #11
BHPian

Whatever happened to Vento's replacement Virtus. That car was announced in 2017 with refreshed styling (exterior and interior). Most Indian car portals carried that story, including our forum. I thought we'll have an updated Vento in 2018.

It's 2020 and we still have only a few cosmetic changes. I'm not complaining though - the Vento still looks quite classy on our roads.

Here are some Virtus pics to refresh everybody's memory:
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced-95488541_1086357151743238_7015323259717550080_o.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced-95584256_1086356325076654_7225496668303523840_o.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced-95594470_1086357161743237_302843396785963008_o.jpg  

JojyKerala is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 12:29   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Volkswagen website updated the reduced prices on Polo and Vento under Customers benefit offer price.
I got the same message from the dealership that the ex-showroom is indeed INR 8.02 lakh with an ongoing cash discount of 13.5K resulting in INR 7.89 lakh. This is the same being mentioned in the site. However, the lack of clarity is quite confusing. A simple cash discount would not change the ex-showroom price which would mean a higher road tax and insurance. However, if the ex-showroom is 7.89 lakh, that would lessen the burden on registration and the insurance payments. This lack of a proper message track is quite frustrating for potential buyers. It can be minimal for a Polo, but someone who is buying a Vento, a whole 1 lakh is huge.
SansGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 13:21   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojyKerala View Post
Whatever happened to Vento's replacement Virtus.
This Virtus (Mk6 Polo sedan) is based on VW's MQB A0 platform, unlike the Indian Vento which is still on it's PQ25 roots. I believe this car came before VW group's India 2.0 project announcement where bringing the low cost MQB A0 platform (as MQB A0 IN) was one of their top priority.

As for timelines, who knows when we are going to see these MQB A0 IN based Polo, Vento and Rapid vehicles. Maybe they'll come after Skoda's Vision IN crossover and it's VW sibling, which will be based on MQB A0 IN.
TaurusSHO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 13:42   #14
BHPian

Why can't VW just bring some new cars over here? We've had enough of Polos/Ventos. Why can't they do something refreshing like Kia has done with the Seltos? I mean VW is one of the largest automakers and here its behaviour is worse than the Chinese carmakers. It should take risk, bring newer cars and see if they click. Otherwise they should respectfully shut shop and get lost like GM. No use in selling the same old models with new stickers & paint for decades.
CarNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 14:33   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Hi, where exactly on the website could you see these offers? The revised prices seems to be gone again from the site now. Could not find this anywhere on the site including the offers page.

VW seems to be holding true to the philosophy of daily price changes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks