Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2021, 15:57   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
How much of difference would be between illumination of the Legender’s split quad LED and regular Fortuner’s 4X4 AT bi beam LED’s.
I expect it will be significant. Halogen/HID/LED, I always find quad setup better interms of illumination. Not a big fan of LED but is in trend. The DRL/guide light also appears to be brighter in Legender.
Old 8th January 2021, 16:36   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Fortuner accesory price list for reference.
No 360 Deg camera (Multi Terrain Monitor) available even as an accessory? I guess then the 8-inch is not compatible with it because it has been removed from the Crysta’s accessories list as well.
Old 8th January 2021, 16:56   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
No 360 Deg camera (Multi Terrain Monitor) available even as an accessory? I guess then the 8-inch is not compatible with it because it has been removed from the Crysta’s accessories list as well.
I was told it was removed as there weren't many takers and wasn't that good either. Air Ionizer and and dash cam is something that is missing from price list though its there in official accessory brochure.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 17:25   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was told it was removed as there weren't many takers and wasn't that good either. Air Ionizer and and dash cam is something that is missing from price list though its there in official accessory brochure.
I agree. It is pathetic, as noted during my TD (the TD car had one). The quality was abysmally bad and all it showed me was blurs.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 17:41   #245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How much of difference would be between illumination of the Legender’s split quad LED and regular Fortuner’s 4X4 AT bi beam LED’s.
Quote:
I expect it will be significant. I always find quad setup better interms of illumination.
Will be hard to know unless we see for actual. LC-200 gets Bi-Beam LED's and these are exceptional, better than many other premium cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Would it be safe to assume that the Fortuner gets the same?
No way, Toyota and using parts from LC on a Fortuner

My point is that without seeing both the setups on Fortuner, it will be hard to comment. It's not as if quad means twice the Bi.

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th January 2021 at 18:04.
Turbanator is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 18:00   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
LC-200 gets Bi-Beam LED's and these are exceptional, better than many other premium cars.
Would it be safe to assume that the Fortuner gets the same?
Old 8th January 2021, 18:31   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's not as if quad means twice the Bi.
Has anything changed on the headlamp front from pre-facelift version, other than the design? I am referring to the "regular" Fortuner and not the Legender.

Last edited by cool_dube : 8th January 2021 at 18:37.
Old 8th January 2021, 19:15   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Has anything changed on the headlamp front from pre-facelift version, other than the design? I am referring to the "regular" Fortuner and not the Legender.
No, they are the same bi-beam projectors as the pre-facelift model only thing that has changed is the DRL shape, internals blackened out, kink (was in the pre-facelift) where the light meets the grill is gone and indicator position.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 21:23   #249
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Will be hard to know unless we see for actual.

My point is that without seeing both the setups on Fortuner, it will be hard to comment. It's not as if quad means twice the Bi.
If you get a chance to check them out, would request you to give us an update .

Thanks.
Old 8th January 2021, 21:41   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you get a chance to check them out, would request you to give us an update .

Thanks.
I hope a TBHP review for the facelift is in the offing
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 01:12   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

No way, Toyota and using parts from LC on a Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
No 360 Deg camera (Multi Terrain Monitor) available even as an accessory? ...
Well at 48L on road in Bangalore, the Fortuner feels just bare bones compared to the Land-Cruiser Prado 2021 which sells in Australia for 63K USD.

I was just amazed to see a review of the 2021-LC Prado, costing lesser than the Fortuner here and is loaded to the gills. 360 degree camera, lane daparture warning, radar based braking system, permanent 4X4 All Wheel Drive, Fridge/cool box below the arm-rest, sunroof, Kinetic dynamic suspension system to disconnect the anti-roll bars, 3 Ton towing capacity and provision, central locking differential in addition to rear locking differential, 3 zone climate control. Its just loaded to the gills. Absolutely fantastic.

Felt like we are only getting the Fortuner 2.8L 204PS/420/500Nm engine along with 4 wheels for Indian customers for that kind of money. High time our eco-system (especially our tax system) changed for the better similar to the overseas markets.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 9th January 2021 at 01:36.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 03:44   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Well at 48L on road in Bangalore, the Fortuner feels just bare bones compared to the Land-Cruiser Prado 2021 which sells in Australia for 63K USD.
Incorrect. Thats the base model Prado. The top end Kakadu with all the features as you described is over $95k drive away. That by the way is almost the same money as a mid spec Land Rover Discovery and yet Prado outsells them all.

The active safety features (radar cruise, lane keep etc) are standard in most cars though since it effects the crash ratings and people do care about that stuff here.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 9th January 2021 at 03:47.
Old 9th January 2021, 04:54   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Incorrect. Thats the base model Prado. The top end Kakadu with all the features as you described is over $95k drive away.
The price I mentioned is in US dollars not Australian.

Well, he mentioned the Kakadu costs 63K USD in the review which is about 90K Australian dollars (nearly the same as what you mentioned)

All I intended to convey in my earlier post is that we in India are getting far less value for money. The Fortuner in India retails at about the LC-Prado price in Australia.

The LC-Prado costs more than Rs 1crore or Aus $ 210,000 in India (more than double of what it costs in Australia)

Wish that Toyota localizes LC-Prado production in India and sell it at reasonable prices.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 9th January 2021 at 05:09.
for_cars1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 05:28   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The price I mentioned is in US dollars not Australian.

Well, he mentioned the Kakadu costs 63K USD in the review which is about 90K Australian dollars (nearly the same as what you mentioned)
My bad. I saw it was an Australian youtube channel and assumed it would be AUD.

Quote:
All I intended to convey in my earlier post is that we in India are getting far less value for money. The Fortuner in India retails at about the LC-Prado price in Australia.
For sure. The taxes are to be blamed and the fact that India is a very small market comparatively. Australia on the other hand is one of the biggest LandCruiser market in the world.
https://www.caradvice.com.au/795004/...-in-australia/

Quote:
The LC-Prado costs more than Rs 1crore or Aus $ 210,000 in India (more than double of what it costs in Australia)

Wish that Toyota localizes LC-Prado production in India and sell it at reasonable prices.
Australia is a completely different market to India. The 4X4's here are actually used as 4x4 and for towing and reliability and toughness figures much higher in the list than on paper power and torque numbers. How about cutting a brand new LandCruiser LC200 in half, lengthening the wheelbase and turning it into a offroad UTE? We do that as well and there is method to that madness. Imagine buying a brand new LandCruiser 200 in India and cutting in half as soon as you move out of the showroom. Infact one of these days I would love to start a thread on the LandCruiser's of Australia Here's one for a start

Last edited by extreme_torque : 9th January 2021 at 05:32.
Old 9th January 2021, 10:57   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Fortuner and Legender best of both worlds, power and styling - TVC

https://Youtu.be/CsEZ4DAaeXk
Any idea which color is the Fortuner, shown in this video? Is this the new "Sparkling Black Crystal Shine"? It looks more of bluish but there is no mention of blue on the website.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed