Team-BHP - 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/225052-2021-toyota-fortuner-facelift-spied-undisguised-india-edit-now-launched-rs-29-98-lakhs-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by theautoman (Post 4849559)
the new Glanza is made there now, as a part of their recent deal with MSIL, are they using the MSIL plant at Manesar to make this new Fortuner?

OT but the Glanza is not manufactured at Bidadi but at MSIL's Manesar plant itself by MSIL employees.

It would require an incredible amount of investment to kit out a monocoque manufacturing plant to produce ladder-on-frame vehicles and vice versa. As someone pointed out earlier, they are probably testing the vehicle up north with help from MSIL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by padmrajravi (Post 4849802)
I am afraid that they will stop 2.8 altogether and bring only the 2.4 AT here just like the Innova.

The 2.8L and 2.4L use the exact same engine block and just a different combination of connecting rods, crankshaft and pistons to achieve the higher capacity and are also localised. Hence I doubt there is any major saving to be made. If anything, the 2.8L is reason for buyers to lord over 2.0 Endeavour owners and thus keeps customers away from competitors. I don't think TKM will discontinue the 2.8L any time soon nor add the 2.4 to the lineup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saur95 (Post 4849986)
OT but the Glanza is not manufactured at Bidadi but at MSIL's Manesar plant itself by MSIL employees.

It would require an incredible amount of investment to kit out a monocoque manufacturing plant to produce ladder-on-frame vehicles and vice versa. As someone pointed out earlier, they are probably testing the vehicle up north with help from MSIL.

Thank you for the correction, I had read about Toyota planning to address the overcapacity in their Bidadi Plant, and must have assumed that it was being used for the production of Glanza.

and I have read about MSIL getting a big order for the manufacture of Gypsy for the armed forces, where are they manufacturing that car? the Gurugram plant?

Quote:

Originally Posted by saur95 (Post 4849986)

It would require an incredible amount of investment to kit out a monocoque manufacturing plant to produce ladder-on-frame vehicles and vice versa.

:OT Toyota has been manufacturing monocoque vehicles at Bidadi for quite some time - Corolla, Etios twins & Yaris are the ones.

Not sure what's stopping them from making a good monocoque when they have spare capacity, presumably best of components suppliers & are in good health financially.

Looks good for sure. For once - a face-lift that surely looks better than the predecessor.

One thing I noticed - the fog-lights look so tiny on the otherwise large elephant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts (Post 4849311)
Also another interesting bit is that the test mule bears HR plates whereas usually Toyota cars have KA plates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Researcher (Post 4849489)
Probably some sort of arrangement between Toyota and Maruti to test near NCR as BS6 fuel may not be available at all places yet

It could point something more serious. Toyota's have always carried KA test plates because *drum rolls* both it's plants are located in Karnataka. This Fortuner mule carrying HR26- does it mean that Suzuki is sharing it's manufacturing facilities with Toyota as well?

I'm surprised that you guys are delving so deep into this. All vehicles in India are to be certified by ICAT. This facility is in Manesar.

Normally cars are tested all over India and then sent to ICAT for final certification. Now since firstly this is a face-lift it does not require a country wide testing and secondly in these Covid times they would have thought to import a model to the nearest joint facility and send it directly to have it tested and certified by ICAT at manesar.

Fortuner spied again - launching this festive season.

Quote:

India may not get the more expensive Legender variant.
2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-2021toyotafortunerfacelift151068x713.jpg

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by navpreet318 (Post 4850991)
All vehicles in India are to be certified by ICAT. This facility is in Manesar.

Normally cars are tested all over India and then sent to ICAT for final certification.,,at manesar.

Toyota’s regional office is at Gurgaon and they must have issued TC plates for certification. Have seen a lot of BMW cars especially M range with TC plates being tested in NCR as well.

I'm surprised why a couple of members are thinking the 2.8 would be discontinued. Was there an interview or a leak i missed? Toyota already upgraded the engine to meet BS6 norms, so why would they invest money to upgrade the engine if they were discontinuing it in 6-8 months? The 2.8 is definitely staying. Whether it'll get the power upgrade or not is the question that only time can answer.

Coming to the Legender variant. It looks great to my eyes, however, one simple and a silly reason why i doubt if Toyota will bring in this variant is because this variant has full LED headlight setup. No car in India from the Toyota stable has the full LED system. The Fortuner and the Camry have the Bi-beam LED projectors. Adding on the new full LED system would shoot up the prices of the already over-priced SUV. However, the variant that is doing rounds in India is a simple cosmetic job. Are there any other major upgrades to the Legender variant? Maybe Toyota wants to keep the facelift simple and cost-effective during the pandemic. Hopefully I'm proven wrong and Toyota brings in the Legender variant.

Cheers!

A mechanical change that the Facelifted Fortuner may receive (cannot confirm) is the addition of a variable/speed sensitive power steering, which should help in making the steering lighter at parking speeds.

Source: Autocar Magazine August 2020 issue.(Last lines in the image)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts (Post 4860708)
A mechanical change that the Facelifted Fortuner may receive (cannot confirm) is the addition of a variable/speed sensitive power steering, which should help in making the steering lighter at parking speeds

Looks much better than the current Fortuner, IMO. Also, an increase in power and torque figures would be welcome as current numbers barely do justice to this beast!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts (Post 4860708)
A mechanical change that the Facelifted Fortuner may receive (cannot confirm) is the addition of a variable/speed sensitive power steering,

Sounds like a sensible addition considering the hydraulic power steering. Toyota call it 'Variable Flow control steering'. The Infotainment system is disappointing once again though. 8 inch 'resistive' touch screen. Check the video at 12:00 for infotainment system.

https://youtu.be/pplpvpje-Ws

Hi Folks, Any news on when this updated fortuner is going to be launched in India. Also, are we going to get 2.4 or/and 2.8L models as well. I am in line to change my car and eagerly waiting for this iteration and the bi-turbo endeavour.

Just read in the Autocar India magazine that they think that India will not be getting the 500nm engine option because they will need to homologate the engine and they have just upgraded the current engine to BS6.

I think on the contrary they are already doing it as seen in the pics above with the testing equipment strapped on. Toyota does things on a international level platform and they have upgraded the 2.8L engine to 500nm everywhere including Australia where they are actually offering all models with the same 2.8L 500nm engine.

So going by the Australian model I think that is what we are going to get. The standard fortuner with the 2.8L 500nm engine. And just like Australia we are not getting the Legender version which as it is looked a bit too overdone. The standard Fortuner now looks very matured from the front and would be the correct model for India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navpreet318 (Post 4874427)
The standard Fortuner now looks very matured from the front and would be the correct model for India.

Completely agree. Wish they launch it with the 200 BHP/500 Nm engine, as rightly deserved by the beast! But I'm sure it will come with a heftier price tag as well :)