Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2021, 17:01   #331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Not surprising, given that TKM's Bidadi plant came out of lockdown just a week or so back, and it will be a while before assembly lines attain a steady state, leading to more accurate delivery projections. The global shortage of semiconductor chips is not helping either.

That said, deliveries seem to have commenced here in Bangalore, starting yesterday.
Interesting and happy to note that Bengaluru is getting delivery cars.
Old 19th January 2021, 19:08   #332
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Finally, someone got hold of the new Fortuner in India.

navaneeth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 20:24   #333
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
Finally, someone got hold of the new Fortuner in India.
So, the mystery of 11-speakers is finally solved. The 2 speakers on the dash look like aftermarket fitments, at least in the video

Last edited by cool_dube : 19th January 2021 at 20:46.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 22:43   #334
BHPian

This is a more detailed one and again one of the firsts

Last edited by sv97 : 19th January 2021 at 22:48.
sv97 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 23:13   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, the mystery of 11-speakers is finally solved. The 2 speakers on the dash look like aftermarket fitments, at least in the video
Are you also waiting for your new Fortuner which you have booked?
Old 20th January 2021, 09:03   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Are you also waiting for your new Fortuner which you have booked?
I've recently booked one online (fully refundable) but delivery timelines are quoted as end Feb - early Mar, since I opted for a non-white color. That said, I'm still waiting for detailed reviews and if possible, a test drive as well, to finalize this over the Endeavour.
Old 20th January 2021, 10:40   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Walkaround video of the Fortuner Legender.

Old 20th January 2021, 10:53   #338
VRJ
BHPian

Meanwhile, the marketing team at Jeep are busy pitching the Compass against the Fortuner Legender . It’s interesting that they call it a legendary lifestyle. Maybe, Jeep considers the Legender variant a lifestyle car rather than a purpose built vehicle.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-a107920ceb1f4a4f8696933d114559b7.jpeg

Cheers!
Old 20th January 2021, 11:02   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've recently booked one online (fully refundable) but delivery timelines are quoted as end Feb - early Mar, since I opted for a non-white color. That said, I'm still waiting for detailed reviews and if possible, a test drive as well, to finalize this over the Endeavour.
OK, cool. I was told that non-white colors are available earlier than white, this time around.

Quote:
Rear doors are to have 2 pairs, correct?

Last edited by vb-saan : 20th January 2021 at 12:19. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged
Old 20th January 2021, 11:20   #340
BHPian

Is it just me or are those front turn indicators way too low to be of any practical use?!
Old 20th January 2021, 11:42   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry for going OT here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Is it just me or are those front turn indicators way too low to be of any practical use?!
Isn't it the same in few other cars as well, like the new Creta or the Brezza?

I find this more convenient. Being away from the headlight/foglights, the indicator should be more visible to the onlookers.

Quote:
The 2 speakers on the dash look like aftermarket fitments, at least in the video
True that.

At first look, I was reminded of those fancy air fresheners that were placed on the dashboard.

Last edited by ashis89 : 20th January 2021 at 11:44.
Old 20th January 2021, 12:28   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OK, cool. I was told that non-white colors are available earlier than white, this time around.
Given that 90% of the bookings are for white, I guess they will let the non-white orders pile up till a threshold count and then roll a batch out. I could be mistaken, though.

Quote:
Rear doors are to have 2 pairs, correct?
I thought rear doors come with tweeters as well. If not, then we need to solve the mystery of 2 missing speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
I reckon these are more useful this way, given that indicators coupled with headlights are rendered almost invisible during night, especially with high-beam on. That said, these would be more susceptible to damage during off-road scenarios, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
At first look, I was reminded of those fancy air fresheners that were placed on the dashboard.
Exactly! I am sure this whole "premium 11-speaker system" is a jugaad job on top of the existing setup. The 2 dash speakers appear to be stuck using super-glue or similar and the sub-woofer in the tailgate might not help much, given that the tailgate would hardly provide any "sound-box" space, given its thickness. Let's await some first-hand feedback on this.

What I am most interested to hear about is ride quality, steering feedback, and engine response. Awaiting a proper review.
Old 20th January 2021, 12:45   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly! I am sure this whole "premium 11-speaker system" is a jugaad job on top of the existing setup. The 2 dash speakers appear to be stuck using super-glue or similar and the sub-woofer in the tailgate might not help much, given that the tailgate would hardly provide any "sound-box" space, given its thickness. Let's await some first-hand feedback on this.
Toyota has this 11 speaker JBL set up from many years and is not a bin pick up exercise. I am sure it has to be good, or else it would make no sense at all.
Old 20th January 2021, 13:05   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Toyota has this 11 speaker JBL set up from many years and is not a bin pick up exercise. I am sure it has to be good, or else it would make no sense at all.
I don't think so. Please see this review of the Fortuner 2019 from Australia - it talks about a 6-speaker system.

Of course, I am not commenting on the sound quality, as I have not experienced it personally

Edit - I stand corrected. This review of the 2020 Crusade variant does talk about the 11-speaker system but the reviewer specifically points out that the dash-speakers stick out and get in your peripheral vision - see around the 10:30 mark in the video.

Last edited by cool_dube : 20th January 2021 at 13:23.
Old 20th January 2021, 13:07   #345
Senior - BHPian

Checked 4x4 AT at Ravindu Toyota Victoria Road.
Quick observations:

1. Got to check Audio and sounds good. Though I felt Bass was better in Endeavour and tighter. I could hardly hear subwoofer in Fortuner from drivers seat. Could not check all settings, but didn't appear there was too much to configure sound.
2. HU felt slick and easy to operate. Volume knob is on drivers side.
3. Car feels a little lighter than Endeavour and Engine noise is slightly more than Endeavour. With 200BHP/500NM under hood, sub-10 second dash seems doable Just my gut feel
4. The subwoofer and dash speakers look aftermarket but can live with it.
5. Auto dimming mirrors are available in this trim.

Last edited by PrideRed : 20th January 2021 at 13:25.
PrideRed is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks