Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2021, 12:09   #391
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Okay. Hope you are aware that this color is not metallic and therefore, looks quite bland on a big SUV like the Fortuner. This was my choice earlier but one look at an Innova in this color (at dealer's yard) and I changed my mind.

Same here in Bangalore. From what I hear, test drive vehicles should be available by next week. Only Toyota can pull something like this off - waiting periods of months without people even getting to drive the vehicle

I have seen the Attitude Black on the road, seems good.

In honest truth, there is almost no competition to this vehicle, which is why Toyota has a massive upper hand.

Ford: Used to be good, but not knowing how Ford India will operate, pushed me away on reliability.

Gloster: Nowhere near the Fortuner on Ride and engineering.

Alturus: Too dated, not a sure-fire product.

Was dearly hoping that Hyundai would release the Palisade, or Kia the Telluride or Honda the Pilot.

The Fortuner almost has a monopoly.

Was considering the Germans for a short while, but all my cars are high running. What i have heard from Used Car Dealers and some users, German SUVs may not have reliability to go to 2L KM.

So, all in all it was a VERY short list of options.
shivs2003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 12:16   #392
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivs2003 View Post
In honest truth, there is almost no competition to this vehicle...
The Fortuner almost has a monopoly...
Completely agree, and that explains the atrocious price hike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivs2003 View Post
Ford: Used to be good, but not knowing how Ford India will operate, pushed me away on reliability.
I would not drop the Endeavour for that particular reason - Ford is here to stay. The Endeavour is a wonderful SUV, and would be my pick over the Fortuner facelift, if you are okay with the 2 lit engine.
Old 28th January 2021, 12:25   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I would not drop the Endeavour for that particular reason - Ford is here to stay. The Endeavour is a wonderful SUV, and would be my pick over the Fortuner facelift, if you are okay with the 2 lit engine.
2 Ltr is not fun.

Most runs in Delhi/NCR, we encounter good wide roads.

The Fortuner makes 120-140 km/hr highway runs look like a walk in the park. And by the way, I'm talking about my original Fortuner (2009 model).

We tried the 2 Ltr Endeavour, didnt get the feeling.

I had driven the 3.2 Ltr, that was very much inline with the Fortuner. Would definitely have considered that if Ford India showed some confidence in the market.
shivs2003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 18:27   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Thank you. I see temperature is at mid point. Not sure rechecked again now and it shows 680
Absolutely, at 680 rpm.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-1611838623195.jpg  

Old 28th January 2021, 18:48   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. I see temperature is at mid point. Not sure rechecked again now and it shows 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Absolutely, at 680 rpm.
Wonder what caused @PrideRed's Fortuner to show 800 rpm at idle! Did it happen again, by any chance?
Old 28th January 2021, 18:51   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely, at 680 rpm.
Start the car go for a drive and then put in P or N without switching off, does it still stay at 680? I see sometimes it's at 800 and other times at 680. There seem to be some logic built around this, not sure what though.

The HU comes with something called Toyota smart device link app which lets you probably easily access apps, unfortunately there is no app for India yet.
The audio quality is better with Bluetooth and loudness drops a bit when connected using Android Auto.

On a tank full to tank full method got fuel efficiency of around 11. This include 2-3 hour drive in heavy Bangalore traffic covering 35KM, 330KM highway drive and again about 50KM of driving around town and lot of idling. In highway MID was showing around 13.5-14.

At the back seat under thigh support is much better than Endeavour. Roof liner is similar to Innova and not as good as one in Endeavour. The gear shifts are better than 6Speed AT of Endeavour and Engine in Fortuner obviously is lot more powerful. Being lighter, fortuner feels faster too. Has a little more body roll than endeavour and ride is on stiffer side though difference has been reduced greatly. Getting in and out in Endeavour feels slightly easier for front seats and better in Fortuner when it comes to 2nd and 3rd row.

A sunroof would have made Fortuner complete, as with regards to features Endeavour still holds a small edge(Pano roof, dual zone AC, park assist, electric 3rd row seats Vs ventilated seats, paddle shift,easy fold 2nd row) Both cars are extremely competitive and hard to go wrong, that said Resale, powerful engine are a big plus in Fortuner compared to feature, ride advantage on the Endeavour.

Last edited by PrideRed : 28th January 2021 at 19:03.
PrideRed is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 20:33   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Start the car go for a drive and then put in P or N without switching off, does it still stay at 680? I see sometimes it's at 800 and other times at 680. There seem to be some logic built around this, not sure what though.
I think the dpf is doing burn when the car is at 800 rpm or it may be that due to cold start the engine idle is up

Last edited by asm3899_CHD : 28th January 2021 at 20:54. Reason: Extra thoughts
Old 28th January 2021, 21:06   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD View Post
I think the dpf is doing burn when the car is at 800 rpm or it may be that due to cold start the engine idle is up
When the AC compressor turns up, rpm jumps to 800 and then stays there. Switched off AC and waited for around 5 minutes, RPM stayed at 800. Switched off engine and restarted, Tacho is back at 680. Engine actually feels smoother at 800, at 680 there is a bit of clatter.
PrideRed is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 21:12   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think the dpf is doing burn when the car is at 800 rpm
DPF does it’s works at much higher rpms, this 680rpm and 800rpm idling is definitely to do with cold starts.
Old 28th January 2021, 23:15   #400
BHPian

Quote:
The gear shifts are better than 6Speed AT of Endeavour and Engine in Fortuner obviously is lot more powerful. Being lighter, fortuner feels faster too.
What about steering feel and feedback? In the virtual launch event, chief engineer of Toyota Corporation said that the steering dynamics change with the driving modes. Did you feel any difference in steering weight in different modes?
Old 28th January 2021, 23:56   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What about steering feel and feedback? In the virtual launch event, chief engineer of Toyota Corporation said that the steering dynamics change with the driving modes. Did you feel any difference in steering weight in different modes?
There is bit of difference and is noticeable between eco and sport to certain extent. That said the difference could be felt in earlier version too. What has changed though is response in general with VFC. At standstill, it's still heavy and as you pick speed steering feels lighter at city speeds, after 60 it starts weighing up. In motion I actually liked this more than Endeavour, the latter is little too sensitive.
PrideRed is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 08:28   #402
Senior - BHPian

Hi PrideRed, can you please tell me how to switch on the light guides in the headlamps? I tried following the manual, but not being successful.
Old 29th January 2021, 08:32   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi PrideRed, can you please tell me how to switch on the light guides in the headlamps? I tried following the manual, but not being successful.
Keep your switch in auto. The one inside headlight are DRL, which means they run only during day time or when headlights are off. When headlights are on, the one in bumpers(guide lights) turn on.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 08:49   #404
Team-BHP Support

Unsure of how Toyota operates. Bhopal has stocks of the Fortuner. We only enquired about the 4X4 AT and they have Fortuners in stock, black, white, both.

Sadly and for some weird reason, they won't sell in Bihar, they will sell in MP only.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20210127-13.12.44.jpeg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20210127-13.12.45.jpeg

Kolkata Topsel has one 4X4 AT in phantom brown.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20210127-16.50.11.jpeg  

Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 09:36   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Sadly and for some weird reason, they won't sell in Bihar, they will sell in MP only.

Kolkata Topsel has one 4X4 AT in phantom brown.
Are they registering cars? Here in Karnataka, RTO approval(or homologation) is not done yet hence dealers are unable to register car. While deciding on Fortuner, I was checking with BMW Kerala and they too were not willing to sell outside Kerala. On insisting they did agree but they told registration is my headache!
Phantom brown looks lovely, was my first choice. The front looks toned down as the large grille and fog lamp area doesnot get highlighted.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks