Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 9th March 2021, 19:44   #601
BHPian

Default Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Any update on Fortuner Test Drive's in Bangalore. Display vehicles are only available as of now.
Old 9th March 2021, 20:41   #602
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
I haven't come across a single instance of the 4X4 Manual Transmission yet, be it reviews or purchases.
There was a note earlier on this thread, from one of the TBHP-ians who picked up a 4x4 MT but was of the opinion that the AT is a better bet, for reasons not elaborated upon! Additionally, what I understand from some other reviews is that the "pep" associated with MT in the BS4 era is now gone with the BS6 upgrade and not worth the compromise made vis-a-vis AT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinz View Post
Any update on Fortuner Test Drive's in Bangalore. Display vehicles are only available as of now.
None available yet and no hopes of getting these anytime soon, given the melee around waiting period/no. of orders.

Last edited by cool_dube : 9th March 2021 at 20:42.
Old 9th March 2021, 23:51   #603

What should be done when one is driving and automatic regeneration of DPF starts? Is it advisable to continue driving normally or should one come to a standstill?
Second question is to other owners: How frequent is automatic regeneration occuring in your vehicle?
Old 10th March 2021, 16:58   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Randhawa View Post
What should be done when one is driving and automatic regeneration of DPF starts? Is it advisable to continue driving normally or should one come to a standstill?
Second question is to other owners: How frequent is automatic regeneration occuring in your vehicle?
I did a 700KM trip last week and saw it once. When regeneration is happening you can continue to drive. I haven't read fine print but may be you may want to stop trying few options(4L/4H), I might be wrong though. But definitely you can continue driving.

Took my Endeavour 2.2 on same road that I did in Fortuner a week back. All these years I never felt short of power in Endeavour, but today I could notice lack of power big time. Be it in ghats or 4 lane highway or a quick overtake lack of power was evident. As I observed earlier, from sakleshpur-Hassan, endeavour fared better interms of ride quality, thanks to softer suspension. But on 4 lane highway, Fortuner owns the road. It's rock steady and steering is such a joy to use. Endeavour's steering is lighter and better at slow speed, but can get a bit too sensitive on highway speeds.
Despite slightly longer travel time(read lower average speed) I took in Endeavour, FE was better in Fortuner by 1KMPl.
I miss the dual zone AC in Fortuner and miss centre console leather rests and Ventilated seats in Endeavour.

My experience with new 2.0 Endeavour is limited to 20KM. So can't really comment on highway manners. But two things were evident, power is comparable (bit more) to my 2.2 and suspension has gotten even softer than my 2016 Endeavour. If comfort is the only criteria, don't pick either of these. Either the suspension is stiff(Fortuner) which makes you feel all on road or it's too soft(Endeavour) which induces a lot of sideways movement and bounciness at high speeds. These cars are not meant to give top notch comfort and if you are not used to body on frame, please look elsewhere.

Based on my experience so far, I will stick to my earlier verdict. If you want sunroof and few other features(tpms,lumbar support, park assist), pick endeavour, If you love driving, Fortuner it is. Neither of car will give you premium feel of say Audi A6 or BMW X3, and will not ride like say a Duster(This car to me is the benchmark in overall ride comfort). Endeavour's audio unit scores slightly more on Bass, while Fortuner one is more clearer.

Note: On first glance Fortuner appears a bit bare bones on feature, but when you start using/driving is when you realize the actual feature list and when you put acomparison chart you will find some missing features in both.
PrideRed is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 17:35   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Took my Endeavour 2.2 on same road that I did in Fortuner a week back. All these years I never felt short of power in Endeavour, but today I could notice lack of power big time. Be it in ghats or 4 lane highway or a quick overtake lack of power was evident.
I did a test drive of the new Endeavour. I had driven to the showroom in my Innova 2.8AT. The Ford showroom I went to, happens to be on the Airport / Hyd road in Bangalore (PPS Ford)

And no-doubt the Endeavour has great interiors, but when it comes overtaking, on a four lane road, you need to plan ahead of time.

As soon as I finished the test drive, when I got back into my Innova, I felt the Innova was far more powerful and perhaps what I missed the most in the Endeavour during the test drive was the "PWR" (power mode) button - which makes driving on highways so much more fun and generates enough power to overtake with ease.

I haven't been able to test drive the new Fortuner yet (which includes the Sport mode and from reviews I've read on this forum, its even more powerful)

The new endeavour lacks in power significantly and also when you are driving, you don't really see the sunroof. Of course it makes it a plush ride for people seated at the back.
I am not comparing the ride quality at all as I was driving Innova and its not fair comparison. Just the engine performance of Endeavour, to me, felt very underwhelming.

Of course it has the Sunroof, which is a deal breaker for many and much more plush interiors.

Last edited by carrot_eater : 10th March 2021 at 17:36. Reason: Grammar
carrot_eater is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 21:33   #606
BHPian

Its really getting frustrating following up on the delivery. Booked on 2nd Feb, told to get by same month end for Super White color, then at the end of month, mentioned 10 march and today the sales executive said that i am not even in the allocation list for entire Mar. I suspect that some internal prioritisation are going on with the dealership. Dealer is not giving damn and offering to get the booking cancelled considering flood of bookings already.
Old 10th March 2021, 22:42   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_eater View Post
I did a test drive of the new Endeavour
I've mentioned this earlier on the Endeavour 2.0 official review thread - the Endeavour does not come even close to the new Fortuner when it comes to performance, period! If power is THE primary requirement then one should go with the Toyota, eyes closed. Absolutely no doubts there! But there is much more to vehicle ownership experience than just power Take your pick based on priorites.

To each, his own!

Last edited by cool_dube : 10th March 2021 at 22:43.
cool_dube is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 22:43   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Randhawa View Post
Hey, in case of an automatic regen you can and probably should continue driving. If not, then ensure there are no flammables near your car's exhaust.

In my ~1400 kms of driving so far, I have seen this regen happen 4 times. 2 of them were at a very short interval (less than a 100 km difference) and so I am also not sure when it exactly happens.

You can refer to the below from the manual for more details on do's and don'ts when regeneration starts.
I think for automatic regeneration they have not mentioned much details but the manual regen guidelines (on the right page) can be followed as the process is the same. (At least that is what I am following)
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-img_5105.jpg  

gamingstein is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 23:25   #609
cnu
BHPian

Are the service intervals still the same (5000km) for the facelift ?
Old 11th March 2021, 06:06   #610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu View Post
Are the service intervals still the same (5000km) for the facelift ?
Since BS6 service intervals are at every 10K or 1year. This has been changed for both Innova and Fortuner.
PrideRed is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 23:25   #611
BHPian

Today again I got my hands on my friend's new Fortuner 4x2 Automatic. Used sport mode and the car just flies ahead pushing you back in the seat. The grunt is too much and speed needle climbs up very quickly. Power surely is the best in segment and that too by quite a margin. Though engine noise and note is vastly improved compared to the pre-facelift but i still feel Toyota could have done a better job. The engine note still feels rough after 3300-3400 rpm, atleast to my ears. Although it is noticeably quicker than a 3.2 Endeavour but it cannot match the 3.2 in the engine note department. The 5 cylinder engine note is just something else. Also the 2.0 litre engine of Endeavour is more refined than the Toyota's. The suspension is just a little bit more softer in comparison with pre-facelift or may be the same, I don't know. The steering is definitely lighter in comparison with pre-facelift model and a welcome addition. Also, encountered a few bumper to bumper situations but got no feedback from front parking sensors and the sensor button was activated. Infotainment system is also better than before.

Also, I sold my White Fortuner 2018 4x2 Automatic for 32 Lakhs. I did not expect the re-sale to be this high but then Fortuner is Fortuner. Booked the new Fortuner 4x4 Automatic in Black colour and Chamois interior.
asm3899_CHD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 13:25   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD View Post
Also, encountered a few bumper to bumper situations but got no feedback from front parking sensors and the sensor button was activated.

Also, I sold my White Fortuner 2018 4x2 Automatic for 32 Lakhs. I did not expect the re-sale to be this high but then Fortuner is Fortuner. Booked the new Fortuner 4x4 Automatic in Black colour and Chamois interior.
I think you provided one of the many reasons for that high re-sale yourself. I mean Toyota could convince you to just sell your 2018 model for a facelifted version (not even a new-gen model)!

Also, for the front sensors, I think I have read that they are designed to work below 10 kmph and they are tilted to side-wards so more of a front side sensors rather than front itself!

In my experience, they are pretty helpful when taking turns/squeezing into tight spots and helped me forgo the decision to install the front fender mirror this time!
Old 13th March 2021, 13:41   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingstein View Post
Also, for the front sensors, I think I have read that they are designed to work below 10 kmph and they are tilted to side-wards so more of a front side sensors rather than front itself!

In my experience, they are pretty helpful when taking turns/squeezing into tight spots and helped me forgo the decision to install the front fender mirror this time!
I encountered a very close bumper to bumper situation both from the front and the side and there was no graphic image on the M.I.D. and no beeping sound. I checked the parking sensor button and it was on (emitting a green light). I will try to check again.
The fender mirror in the new generation Fortuner is pretty much useless unlike the fender mirror in the older generation Fortuner which was useful to quite a extent. Also, it looks bad on both the generations of Fortuner. But then, looks are subjective.
Also, I observed that the ventilated seats are not cooled seats but they blow air in accordance with the A.C temperature. So, I think they will also double-up as heated seats in the winters. Is this the case do tell?
Old 13th March 2021, 16:05   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD View Post
I encountered a very close bumper to bumper situation both from the front and the side and there was no graphic image on the M.I.D. and no beeping sound. I checked the parking sensor button and it was on (emitting a green light). I will try to check again.
The fender mirror in the new generation Fortuner is pretty much useless unlike the fender mirror in the older generation Fortuner which was useful to quite a extent. Also, it looks bad on both the generations of Fortuner. But then, looks are subjective.
Also, I observed that the ventilated seats are not cooled seats but they blow air in accordance with the A.C temperature. So, I think they will also double-up as heated seats in the winters. Is this the case do tell?
The sensors are not super sensitive, works just fine. In Bangalore traffic, when you stop in signal, indicator beeps when two wheelers try to squeeze. Your observations on ventilated seats may be true as manual and Toyota advertisement indicates recirculation/sucking air. This feature is super useful, avoids sweating very well.
2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-screenshot_20210313160201.jpg

Last edited by PrideRed : 13th March 2021 at 16:07.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 16:13   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The sensors are not super sensitive, works just fine. In Bangalore traffic, when you stop in signal, indicator beeps when two wheelers try to squeeze.
Attachment 2132160
I also noticed there are only 2 sensors in the front. Silly cost cutting by Toyota. On the other hand Endeavour comes with 6 sensors in the front.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed