Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2020, 12:27   #61
BHPian

re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Can't we fit the biturbo on the Endeavour?
I think it's possible, but will require a lot of expertise in plonking a second turbo and then tunning engine accordingly and managing emmissions as well. I don't think its worth the effort .

Also, Ford is busy painting wheels and bumpers, not worried about the key differentiator they lost to fortuner by reducing the power output. I don't see them launching the Bi-Turbo soon in the market and no point picking it over the fortuner if we get the 200BHP model soon.

For my usage, Fortuner fits perfect as the car will suffer a lot of bashing on and off road as I travel a lot. Endeavour is a good mile muncher, but in the new avatar with reduced power and the Ad-blu tank sticking out, not sure i will convince myself in buying one.
Slushmaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 12:34   #62
Senior - BHPian

re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushmaster View Post
Endeavour was always a better package and I would have purchased the 3.2 without thinking twice, but now we have a downgraded engine that makes less power and Torque and for me it makes less sense to buy it for 40 Lakh+ Rupees
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushmaster View Post
Also, Ford is busy painting wheels and bumpers, not worried about the key differentiator they lost to fortuner by reducing the power output. I don't see them launching the Bi-Turbo soon in the market and no point picking it over the fortuner if we get the 200BHP model soon.
Agree with you on those fronts! Another factor here is the rumors (?) on Ford folding up in India, given the JV with M&M, leaving existing owners in the lurch. This is further corroborated by the fact that they did not bother to launch the 2020 Endeavour (their flagship product) here with the bi-turbo engine. I mean, who reduces engine performance from one version to the other for their flagship product?! As you said, painting bumpers and alloys won't help budge the already solid competition, provided, of course, one is interested to compete
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 19:40   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

2021 Fortuner bookings have started unofficially by dealerships. The current model production has been halted. So if planning to buy the current models try pushing for discounts.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 20:23   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
2021 Fortuner bookings have started unofficially by dealerships. The current model production has been halted. So if planning to buy the current models try pushing for discounts.
The question is whether they are planning to release the Legender version and/or whether the new version will have diff locks...

Otherwise the Endeavour is the better option - but it's styling is *so horrible* at the rear!
Old 19th November 2020, 21:40   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea on the price hike as well as engine specs?
Old 20th November 2020, 13:49   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Any idea on the price hike as well as engine specs?
If Toyota plans to launch TRD Sportivo or Legender- 50lacs for a Fortuner does look like a reality.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 14:55   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
If Toyota plans to launch TRD Sportivo or Legender- 50lacs for a Fortuner does look like a reality.
That is for sure. I hope the hike is minimal for the "standard" version, though.
Old 21st November 2020, 15:49   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Australian Fortuner performance test 2.8L GD D-4D 201bhp and 500 Nm of torque.

CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 16:42   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if this is entirely true. Few dealers I talked to here in Bangalore are very clear that current model is still being manufactured and orders are being taken for the same. Also, none of them are taking bookings for the facelift yet. Here are a few key points I gathered from my discussions with multiple dealerships here:
  • The facelift could be launched anytime between Jan-Mar next year
  • No mechanical changes - same engine and transmission options as current model will be on offer
  • Key changes - front fascia, 11-speaker music system, new headlamps, all-black interiors (possibly), etc.
  • Expected price hike in the range of 80-120K
  • Dealers to get specific details on the facelift around mid-December

Last edited by cool_dube : 21st November 2020 at 16:43.
Old 21st November 2020, 17:26   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Not sure if this is entirely true. Few dealers I talked to here in Bangalore are very clear that current model is still being manufactured and orders are being taken for the same. Also, none of them are taking bookings for the facelift yet.
(Just a guess) Karnataka being the location of the Toyota factory, dealers may still be taking bookings for the current model. Atleast here in Mumbai the SE to whom I had a chat with said that bookings have been started for the new facelift and the current one’s production has been halted.

Near mid or end December once more details are out we can get to know the engine specs and feature list. My SE told me a Jan 2021 launch, let’s see if he is speaking the truth closer to the date.

Will need an insider source to confirm whether the current Fortuner is still being produced.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 21st November 2020 at 17:30.
Old 24th November 2020, 15:02   #71
Senior - BHPian

With the Innova facelift being launched at a price hike of INR 60-90K, the Fortuner facelift will come with a hike of no less than 80-120K for sure. Any insights?
Old 2nd December 2020, 18:59   #72
Senior - BHPian

Latest update on this front, per my discussion with dealers here in Bangalore:

Dealers have stopped taking bookings for the current model, barring ones which are in stock. This clearly implies that TKM has stopped production of the current model. What this also implies is that facelift launch should happen sooner rather than later, although we might see some impact of the ongoing skirmish at Toyota's Bidadi facility.

On bookings for the facelift - it is all "unofficial" at the moment since facelift details are not available in the system for them to take official bookings.

Last edited by cool_dube : 2nd December 2020 at 19:00.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 15:49   #73
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Fortuner Legender coming in early 2021. Facelifted Toyota Fortuner Legender and Toyota Fortuner to be sold side by side. Both will get updated 204hp 2.8 turbo diesel. Prices for the new Fortuner Legender are expected to start at around Rs 43 lakh.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-smartselect_20201210154826_chrome.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 10th December 2020 at 15:53.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 07:27   #74
Team-BHP Support

And just like that, from being an overpriced ~40 lakh SUV (on road), the Fortuner becomes an overpriced ~50 lakh SUV.

We get a class leading engine which is still of course not exactly a stomper just given the segment it operates in - big ladder on frame SUVs and will therefore continue to get just about acceptable interiors.

This is supposed to be a utilitarian SUV with a butch, rugged and reliable engine (which it is of course) with a decent’ish cabin, nothing special. It delivers on all of the above - I just wish the pricing would reflect these attributes as well.
Old 11th December 2020, 12:37   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
And just like that, from being an overpriced ~40 lakh SUV (on road), the Fortuner becomes an overpriced ~50 lakh SUV.

We get a class leading engine which is still of course not exactly a stomper just given the segment it operates in - big ladder on frame SUVs and will therefore continue to get just about acceptable interiors.

This is supposed to be a utilitarian SUV with a butch, rugged and reliable engine (which it is of course) with a decent’ish cabin, nothing special. It delivers on all of the above - I just wish the pricing would reflect these attributes as well.
Well, I was really salivating for the Legender a few months ago, but now seeing the actual comparison to the Endeavour, I feel the Endeavour is a better buy and more capable...

(This also after seeing what happened to my current Fortuner - could not even survive being wetted...it's beyond amazing)
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks