Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2021, 23:36   #181
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
The brochure is a bit confusing. I hope it's correct.
The Legender variant has a 6 speaker setup, but the Std Variant gets 11 JBL speaker system.
I tried go get a clarification from the sales guys, but everybody is clueless. I hope it is a printing issue. Have booked Legender, will update once I hear back from sales guys.

Sold our 2009 October, 3 lakh 76 thousand kms run Fortuner 2 weeks back.

The prices have doubled from our initial purchase .

EDIT: Received confirmation from Toyota that the Legender variant has a regular 6 speaker audio. No 11 speaker JBL system for the Legender.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th January 2021 at 20:00. Reason: As requested
DreamcarFerrari is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 23:47   #182
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
As someone totally unaware of this segment, can someone please explain why isn't Mahindra Alturas G4 selling like hot cakes, considering it has the lowest price for even 4WD AT? Bad built? Not good enough brand image? Poor service/ reliability?
I'm on the lookout for a used SUV, And managed to get a longish drive in a Alturas belonging to an acquaintance. To be very diplomatic, it's was an exceptionally underwhelming feeling. All I wanted was the drive to get over soon and stop the torture.

I have also driven the old gen Fortuner (Manual 2WD) and while I think that is boring too, compared to Alturas it didn't feels like heaven. Alturas is probably the dementors (From Harry Potter) of the automobile world, atleast for me, it managed to suck out every single good thing about driving.

To be fair it does have more than its fair share of bling (compared to old gen Fortuner), but you'd probably get those in the new gen Fortuner too at a price point not too far away. There were some great discounts towards the end, but those were too late to save a boring vehicle I guess.
Sandy Damodaran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 00:57   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamcarFerrari View Post
That is amazing, my 2012 Fortuner has just crossed 90k kms on the Odo. I think I should start driving more
gamingstein is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 02:55   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamcarFerrari View Post
I

The prices have doubled from our initial purchase .
Just out of curiosity could you tell for how much you sold the fortuner ?
07CR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 07:04   #185
Senior - BHPian

On the higher cost of purchase with Toyotas, I just sold my 2013, 89000 kms done, superbly well maintained 4x4 MT Fortuner for 15.5 lakhs. Even if I remove the 1.5 lakhs towards Ironman kit, snorkel, Rockford Fosgate system and maintenance, It recovered 14 lakhs from a purchase price of 27.5 lakhs. Show me any other car, that can do that!!?? And it was total Peace of mind, remember!!

I have already booked my New Fortuner 2021 model 4x4 AT this time. Eagerly waiting for it.
getsurya is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 07:48   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Just out of curiosity could you tell for how much you sold the fortuner ?
I sold the Fortuner to Cars24, at 5.98 lakhs.

Got the car serviced at authorised Toyota service every 5000 Kms without fail. After 3,75,000 service, I noticed an oil leak near the head, maybe blown head gasket. Due to this I didn’t want the car to be sold to individuals even though they were offering me more.

It was still on stock clutch when sold.
DreamcarFerrari is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 09:48   #187
BHPian

As a current Fortuner 3.0 owner, the profanity that Toyota is showing with the pricing is astounding. While I appreciate many who have quoted their or other’s quoted resale values - the objectivity of the price band is lost.

For a majority of pre-owned car buying public in the 10-20 lakh bracket, assumingly the Fortuner was as much a heart decision, as head. They were looking at an indestructible car, big enough to honk its way through a pack of elephants. Therefore, a 30 lakh car being quoted 22 lakhs after 4 years wasn’t out of bounds.

Fast forward it to recent times. The Fortuner, now an eye watering 45 lakhs, quoting 35 lakhs after 3 years. How many blokes with 35-40 lakh budget are pining to get a pre-owned Fortuner? With that kind of budget, I can assure you that the fabled Germans will be a treasured and preferred option.

What Toyota is doing is called automotive hara-kiri! Over the next 5-6 years, the Fortuner will lose its relevance in the second hand market, and the “amazing” resale prices that people are quoting now, will not be a reality. The rate of depreciation will be accelerated for sure, and that is the bottom line!

Ps. Removing my Nostradamus-esque hat made of two horns. No emojis available for the doom sayer. Getting reminded of this from the movie ‘The Incredibles’

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-2de886434bd74453a591132d183f28e9.jpeg

Last edited by Overlander : 7th January 2021 at 09:56.
Overlander is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 10:16   #188
Team-BHP Support

For the guys who find Toyota prices high, a member posted UAE prices, my suggestion will be to use that as a base and add 48% GST that goes to the government.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4971119 (2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs)

In fact, Toyota is selling cheapest of all the countries if we remove GST.

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th January 2021 at 10:19.
Turbanator is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 10:21   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
What Toyota is doing is called automotive hara-kiri! Over the next 5-6 years, the Fortuner will lose its relevance in the second hand market, and the “amazing” resale prices that people are quoting now, will not be a reality. The rate of depreciation will be accelerated for sure, and that is the bottom line!
I believed in this when I bought Crysta couple of years ago only to realize things haven't changed. 35lacs is big money for 3 year old car but when you realize a Top spec Tiago costs about 9lacs, reality start sinking in. You can get the Germans probably a new one at this price but only a small percentage like me would consider X1/GLA as an alternative to Fortuner. Only sky rocketing fuel price and advance of electric cars can script a downfall for resale of T.
Old 7th January 2021, 10:24   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I believed in this when I bought Crysta couple of years ago only to realize things haven't changed. 35lacs is big money for 3 year old car but when you realize a Top spec Tiago costs about 9lacs, reality start sinking in. You can get the Germans probably a new one at this price but only a small percentage like me would consider X1/GLA as an alternative to Fortuner. Only sky rocketing fuel price and advance of electric cars can script a downfall for resale of T.
I would tend to agree with you. Cars have become more expensive and one can see this across all segments. But the resale for Toyota has taken a hit in the NCR market due to the NGT rule. And NCR is a huge market for high-end vehicles. But then again this is the norm in this region now and not specific to Toyota.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 10:29   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
For the guys who find Toyota prices high, a member posted UAE prices, my suggestion will be to use that as a base and add 48% GST that goes to the government.
In fact, Toyota is selling cheapest of all the countries if we remove GST.
100% agree.
One more point, i would like to really understand is, when German cars with below par quality as compared to Toyota, positions its price 1.5 times higher than Toyota, I perpetually have this doubt why there is so much hue and cry on Toyota price.
gkveda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 10:38   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
For cars like Fortuner and Innova, the price difference is around 5-8 Lakhs in INR. But for cars like PRADO and LC, the difference is unbelievable.!
Basically, the Prado starts where Fortuner ends and LC where the Prado ends.
Buddy, Toyota is not deliberately overpricing it. The Indian laws make it difficult for big and burly cars to sell here. Tell me, are there any vehicle size or engine displacement laws in Saudi?

One can get MG Gloster under 20 lakh Indian rupees there.
DriverNo.420 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 11:05   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 View Post
Buddy, Toyota is not deliberately overpricing it. The Indian laws make it difficult for big and burly cars to sell here. One can get MG Gloster under 20 lakh Indian rupees there.
Yes, you are right. The number 1 culprit is our poor tax system itself, agreed!

But we have competitors who have matched their international price through CKD unit, the problem is Toyota goes the CBU way without much of an effort. Even some of the CBU's from other manufacturers are priced really well whereas Toyota prices are direct 2x or 3x of actual amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 View Post
Are there any vehicle size or engine displacement laws in Saudi?
You are right again. There is 15% VAT now, which was 5% 6 months ago and 0% a year ago. Slowly they are as well stepping into the taxing route.

Last edited by kamilharis : 7th January 2021 at 11:11.
kamilharis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 11:25   #194
Senior - BHPian

This is not an issue of CKD or CBU. It is GST. There is a 48% GST on the vehicle. The actual cost of the 4X4 AT vehicle before GST is 25.32L.

Now compare that to countries with zero tax and you'll get a clear picture.

I won't comment on the taxation part as non of us is qualified enough or experienced enough in running the country. Any points made are pure speculation without an iota of facts backing them.
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 11:35   #195
Senior - BHPian

All said and done, I still feel that all the features "added" to the refreshed Fortuner viz. rear differential lock, 11-speaker JBL sound system, ventilated seats, connect car tech, etc. should have been there to begin with, in a car costing 40-plus lac on-road! And now Toyota brings these in and demands a premium for the same. Of course, the higher-tune engine warrants a price hike but not other stuff, IMO.

That said, I know that it will still set the sales charts on fire and waiting periods will run into months, yet again

PS - Did anyone get hold of the updated on-road price list in Bangalore, for the updated Fortuner?

Last edited by cool_dube : 7th January 2021 at 11:42.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks