Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2021, 13:26   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Next-gen Toyota Fortuner to likely debut by 2022

Following the recently launched Fortuner facelift, the all new model will likely premiere by next year and bring in a host of changes.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...by-2022-419592

I believe this is the source. Autocar made this article from video posted earlier. First of all, doubt if this is true, as Fortuner Endeavour have long life cycle-about 10 years. Current model is just about 4 years in India. Secondly the interview was in 2020 and I was confused whether the next gen is the one launched now or the one that will be launched later. Certainly Toyota will start development now but doubt if an all new version would be launched by 2022, if true, a bit worrying for people booking current Fortuner.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 20:16   #272
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...by-2022-419592
Certainly Toyota will start development now but doubt if an all new version would be launched by 2022, if true, a bit worrying for people booking current Fortuner.
I too just came across the same post and rushed to post it here on the forum to get the view point from all the fellow BHPians!

While the article is a worded format for the interview (most of it) from Autocar India earlier, if true, is indeed worrying!
However, to be honest, I doubt this is even a percent true and only for one reason, why would a company launch a product and at the same time give an official statement regarding a new version of the same product to be launched in near future??

If this is actually the case, the facelift should have been launched at-least 2 years back to slot it in between the 2 different gens launched. I feel if anything at all, we will witness the launch of a 4x4 Legender variant sometime this year, but not a new gen as early as next year.

But what do others think?
Old 11th January 2021, 21:43   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingstein View Post
But what do others think?
I think that they are indeed planning for this, but probably will wait 1.5-2 years to implement it in other markets, then it may end up in India in about 4 years - or not at all, if it's not conducive to the market here...
Old 12th January 2021, 10:58   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Any media drives taking place? Not a single picture of the facelifted Fortuner in showrooms. Has anyone been able to test-drive the new one?
Old 12th January 2021, 14:42   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Any media drives taking place? Not a single picture of the facelifted Fortuner in showrooms. Has anyone been able to test-drive the new one?
I have been told by the Faridabad dealer that no cars are available as yet, and test drive would kick start by 20th Jan.
abhi1881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 15:47   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
TKM plant in Bidadi has commenced production of the new Fortuner only from today. Deliveries will start from 20th Jan onwards, even before dealers get hold of display or TD vehicles.

Coming to TD, it would be interesting to note the difference in ride quality, given that the suspension has been "re-tuned".
cool_dube is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 12:43   #277
BHPian

I just spoke to my SA and contrary to many reports the new Fortuner will not have an option of 360 degree camera, even the Legender. I find this to be a deal breaker for me, such a large vehicle needs a 360 degree camera, at least as an option. All new SUVs have it, including Gloster, Compass and even the smaller Korean brands. Heck, even the old model had it as an accessory. Is there any reason why this was taken away?
Old 13th January 2021, 14:30   #278
BHPian

Except for the power and torque, which I know are important, this car definitely falls short in literally every aspect when compared to the ford endeavour.

There's no relation to the premium charged and the compromise on features.
Old 13th January 2021, 15:29   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by db DrivE View Post
Except for the power and torque, which I know are important, this car definitely falls short in literally every aspect when compared to the ford endeavour.

Agree, wrto features Endeavour still holds an edge. Let's not bring in Gloster as that has really long list. That said, Ford is not in a good situation in India and Gloster is a newbie. Endeavour and Gloster lose big time on performance. If Ford assures on its commitment to India and brings in twin turbo motor, it's an easy choice for anyone.
Old 13th January 2021, 15:37   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Now with the facelift I don’t see any compromise in features?

-Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
-Ventilated seats
-JBL 11 Speaker system (4X4 only)
-Rear Locking Differential
-A more powerful engine 201Bhp and 500Nm engine.

Endeavour has also lost its differentiating features last month like Active Noise Cancellation, 10 speaker to 8 speaker system in the lower trims and 3 Zone Climate control to a 2 Zone unit.

Other than a sunroof and electric 3rd row folding I don’t see anything missing. Both these features provide the feel good factor but one can do without them as well. Fortuner goes one up with ventilated seats (more usable).
CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 15:51   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Now with the facelift I don’t see any compromise in features?

Other than a sunroof and electric 3rd row folding I don’t see anything missing. Both these features provide the feel good factor but one can do without them as well. Fortuner goes one up with ventilated seats (more usable).

Agreed.
A powered tailgate as well in the endeavour is a bonus(unless you pick the legender, if I am not wrong).

However somehow both the vehicles seem a little out of sync with the market, especially with the pricing.
This most probably is because of us witnessing an overload of features from the Koreans and the Chinese in cars priced much lower.

Having owned a fortuner for 6 years, and now since I'm looking for another car, neither of these cars are pulling me to the showroom properly.

Got to see how the market reacts.
db DrivE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 16:24   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agreed.
A powered tailgate as well in the endeavour is a bonus(unless you pick the legender, if I am not wrong).

However somehow both the vehicles seem a little out of sync with the market, especially with the pricing.
This most probably is because of us witnessing an overload of features from the Koreans and the Chinese in cars priced much lower.

Having owned a fortuner for 6 years, and now since I'm looking for another car, neither of these cars are pulling me to the showroom properly.

Got to see how the market reacts.
If you are purely looking at features, I feel cars in 20-35Lac bracket gives maximum bang for your buck. Fox example, I was checking X1 Xline/320D and it misses out on a lot of kit for a 45lac car.
What I realized is if you buy a car for its features, It will get outdated in 6months to 1year, but if you prioritize mechanicals, they don't get outdated as quickly. For example manufacturers take long time to change Engine/Gearbox in cars.

BTW powered tailgate was was offered on Fortuner since 2016.
Hope below helps:

Endeavour advantage over Fortuner:
1. Sunroof
2. Powered 3rd row seats
3. 4 Front parking sensors instead of 2
4. Semi Park assist
5. 10 speed Gearbox
6. EPS
7. Dual zone AC
8. Autowipers
9. Terrain management system
10. Hood with gas struts.

Fortuner advantage over Endeavour:

1. 500NM /204HP engine vs 170HP engine.
2. Paddle shifters
3. Ventilated seats.
4. 11 speaker JBL audio vs 8 speaker.
5. Powered seats for co-passneger
6. Auto limited Slip Diff
7. Connected features
8. Easy tumble second row.
9. Drive modes
10.Tilt and telescopic steering wheel.

There are few more but these are preferences, like AWD vs Part time 4WD, Space vs ride quality etc.

Last edited by PrideRed : 13th January 2021 at 16:30.
PrideRed is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 17:03   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agree, wrto features Endeavour still holds an edge.
Quote:
Endeavour has also lost its differentiating features last month
More than anything else, Ford is losing out on prospective customers' confidence levels by deleting features from its flagship model! I mean, which company in its right mind would remove features when competition is launching an updated version, all guns blazing?! Points to lack of commitment towards the Indian market. Buyers who were ready to make peace with a smaller engine for the sake of other offerings are left feeling shortchanged with such skimping. These are penny-wise pound-foolish moves from Ford India.
cool_dube is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 17:42   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
More than anything else, Ford is losing out on prospective customers' confidence levels by deleting features from its flagship model! I mean, which company in its right mind would remove features when competition is launching an updated version, all guns blazing?! Points to lack of commitment towards the Indian market. Buyers who were ready to make peace with a smaller engine for the sake of other offerings are left feeling shortchanged with such skimping. These are penny-wise pound-foolish moves from Ford India.
The top spec is still quite loaded? Yes Active Noise cancellation is a nice feature in my make 2016 car but I can still hear the engine. Atleast down south, I don't recall using the rear heater knob that much in my car. I don't now what speaker was removed, but the 10 speaker unit in Endeavour sounds excellent, especially the bass. It would be nice if Ford hadn't deleted but definitely not a deal breaker for me. I still feel Endeavour is a complete package than Fortuner, with Ford's commitment to India being the only fly in the ointment.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 20:06   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The top spec is still quite loaded.
The point is not about being loaded, rather, it is about the manufacturer's commitment to Indian market. Why delete features from a 40 lac car across all variants? Cost rationalization can be achieved by cutting stuff down on lower variants.

With Ford cutting features on Endeavour (despite a smaller engine), Fortuner closing the gap to a large extent on features (barring the sun roof), and Ford's future in India, I can only see Endeavour's sales tanking in India.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks