Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2021, 12:09   #301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Dealers here in Mumbai are expecting demo cars to come by 18th Jan and deliveries starting from the 20th.

Toyota doesn't have a media fleet ready till now so none of the automotive media are able to review one!
Same in Hyderabad, though the dealer is very non-committal on the dates of delivery. Not a right approach from Toyota.
getsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 16:06   #302
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Ad on Fortuners new ventilated seats.

PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2021, 08:50   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Same in Hyderabad, though the dealer is very non-committal on the dates of delivery. Not a right approach from Toyota.
I guess the uncertainty is because of the plant lockdown which just ended. Since production has now commenced, they should be able to give some projections soon. Dealers here in Bangalore are expecting display vehicles to arrive by 20th Jan or so. No timleines on TD vehicles, though. Deliveries starting from 20th Jan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Legender is DOA at the price it is available at!
Get this - as per the Toyota dealer I am interacting with, almost 50% of their bookings are for the Legender! Goes on to show that Toyota understands Indian market very well. Most customers used to buy the 4x4 AT variant simply because it was the "top" variant, without even knowing what a 4x4 is. Now with Legender topping the price charts, it is the new favourite of the politico/builder/tycoon brigade, no offense to anyone

Last edited by Sheel : 16th January 2021 at 17:32. Reason: Please be careful about back to back posts on the same thread.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2021, 15:05   #304
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Get this - as per the Toyota dealer I am interacting with, almost 50% of their bookings are for the Legender! Goes on to show that Toyota understands Indian market very well. Most customers used to buy the 4x4 AT variant simply because it was the "top" variant, without even knowing what a 4x4 is. Now with Legender topping the price charts, it is the new favourite of the politico/builder/tycoon brigade, no offense to anyone
Pearl white 4x4 AT and costs exactly same as the Legender , that said Legender is available only with top spec and people for sure know its the top model. In regular Fortuner its hard to differentiate between a 40L 4x2 MT Petrol and 48L 4x4 AT, save for the alloy wheels. For a non enthusiast Legender is the halo model but enthusiasts will definitely watch out for that "Sigma 4" badge at the back!
Old 16th January 2021, 15:34   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Definitely Toyota knows the market well! But Toyota also knows that this is the initial hype, later on every Fortuner sold will be the 4X2 Diesel AT standard one .

4X4 MT & AT were rare variants in the pre facelift to that extent that it was termed as made-to-order, enthusiasts prefer the 4X4 and rest buy 4X2 for the Fortuner brand name.

But this time around since 4X4 & Legender variants have some extra features over the 4X2 which was not the case with the pre-facelift, people may be preferring the top-end.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 16th January 2021 at 15:47.
Old 16th January 2021, 16:06   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
In regular Fortuner its hard to differentiate between a 40L 4x2 MT Petrol and 48L 4x4 AT, save for the alloy wheels
That's exactly why the Legender will sell well
Old 16th January 2021, 16:27   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Pearl white 4x4 AT and costs exactly same as the Legender
Is pearl white superior to 'Superior white' wonder why Legender is offered only in Pearl white. I get that it's metallic but other than that, is there anything better to it than the superior white color.
Old 16th January 2021, 16:40   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_eater View Post
Is pearl white superior to 'Superior white' wonder why Legender is offered only in Pearl white. I get that it's metallic but other than that, is there anything better to it than the superior white color.
I am told the paint is costlier, even in paint shop, pearl white is priced higher. In case of repair, it's a nightmare even for a pro to get perfect match.

BTW display cars have arrived .
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-img20210116wa0002.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-img20210116wa0004.jpg  

PrideRed is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th January 2021, 17:16   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks lovely Which dealership?

Are you sure this is a display vehicle, and not a delivery vehicle? I was told that delivery vehicles will be coming in before display or TD vehicles.

Edit: Toyota is one manufacturer not bothered about giving cars for media drive on priority, as they know that the Fortuner will sell without any publicity

Last edited by cool_dube : 16th January 2021 at 17:37.
Old 17th January 2021, 10:01   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks lovely Which dealership?

Are you sure this is a display vehicle, and not a delivery vehicle? I was told that delivery vehicles will be coming in before display or TD vehicles.

Edit: Toyota is one manufacturer not bothered about giving cars for media drive on priority, as they know that the Fortuner will sell without any publicity
I am not 100% sure if this is for display, chances are high someone will pick this up with suitcase full of cash. I am hearing 3 month waiting period for some models especially ones that are not white.
Old 17th January 2021, 16:15   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed;

Which dealership please?

Last edited by Sheel : 17th January 2021 at 18:20. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
Old 17th January 2021, 16:16   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which dealership please?
I believe you've booked a 4x4 A/T. If so, which color and what's the estimated delivery date, if you don't mind sharing?
Old 17th January 2021, 16:21   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I believe you've booked a 4x4 A/T. If so, which color and what's the estimated delivery date, if you don't mind sharing?
Super White color, expected delivery date is 20th January.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 21:03   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Super White color, expected delivery date is 20th January.
Congratulations and wondering why not the Pearl white? I am curious to understand if Pearl white makes sense at all.
Old 17th January 2021, 21:28   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_eater View Post
Congratulations and wondering why not the Pearl white? I am curious to understand if Pearl white makes sense at all.
It is supposed to be a "premium" shade, and hence the extra cost.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks