Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2021, 15:17   #406
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Are they registering cars? Here in Karnataka, RTO approval (or homologation) is not done yet hence dealers are unable to register car.
We did not find out if they were registering. We were interested in, either an exchange with a local dealer or a local [in BR] registration with a temporary / garage number.
Old 29th January 2021, 16:31   #407
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Quote:
Are they registering cars? Here in Karnataka, RTO approval(or homologation) is not done yet hence dealers are unable to register car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Unsure of how Toyota operates
Not sure what's up at TKM but the way this whole rollout is going, is quite unlike Toyota. Display vehicles took a long time to arrive at dealerships - in fact, some cities (Mumbai!) still do not have any. There haven't been any media drives yet and no detailed reviews anywhere, even though it has been more than 3 weeks since the launch. There are no test-drive cars available yet anywhere in India, as far as I know - and dealers have no clue on the timelines for the same.

I am sure some of this is to do with the unrest at the Bidadi unit of TKM but then, they should sort things out soon.

Last edited by cool_dube : 29th January 2021 at 16:32.
Old 29th January 2021, 19:19   #408
Senior - BHPian

Few additional observations. The gearbox is pretty nice, eager to downshift. Downshift on paddles is super quick, and does downshift almost everytime. Even in D mode, it holds gear up to 3K RPM when you press the pedal harder. Sat in middle row for some distance and clearly not as comfy as Innova with bucket seats. That said seems better place than previous gen and not a deal breaker for me and many others. The seat base is about 2 inch wider than Endeavour in middle row. Person sitting in middle has lesser headroom than Endeavour without Pano roof. Windows seats have enough head room. One of the reason why Toyota cannot fit a Pano roof. Innova is a better place in third row too, Endeavour comes in last here. Front seat lateral support is excellent, the base lateral support is so high that it intrudes while ingress.
Switched to 4L for first time. There is a continuous beep in this mode. I think this is by design though previous gen owners can confirm. The 4L felt lot more powerful but could pick up some speed unlike my Thar where there is extra power but the car would hardly move on pressing accelerator.

Lastly a shot of the beautiful DRL.
2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-img_20210129_165237.jpg

Last edited by PrideRed : 29th January 2021 at 19:31.
PrideRed is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 07:02   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Keep your switch in auto. The one inside headlight are DRL, which means they run only during day time or when headlights are off. When headlights are on, the one in bumpers(guide lights) turn on.
Thank you, I was trying to keep them on without 'auto' mode intervention and that seems not possible.
Old 1st February 2021, 00:30   #410

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-img20210201wa0002.jpg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-img20210201wa0001.jpg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-img20210201wa0000.jpg

Spotted this 4X4 MT in attitude black awaiting delivery at lakozy toyota mumbai last Saturday. Apparently it is a November booking. Sales executive said test drive vehicles in manual to be available tomorrow onwards and automatic could take a week more,although spotted atleast 3 fortuners awaiting delivery yesterday 2 in white and 1 in black
Angad sahani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 10:24   #411
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Lastly a shot of the beautiful DRL.
Looks great. Which color is this - Super White or Crystal White ?
Old 1st February 2021, 12:41   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu View Post
Looks great. Which color is this - Super White or Crystal White ?
This is super white, non metallic. The other white offered is Pearl white which is a metallic shade and has sparkle effect under sunlight though appears dull in comparison to super white.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 20:55   #413
BHPian

Just took the delivery of 4x4MT in Super White with Chamois interiors. I think Chamois interiors looks quite plush compared to black ones I've seen at the showroom. And the ventilated seats are very effective compared to Kia's. After driving for 25 km, I think a 4x4AT would've been a better choice. The JBL sound systems are mediocre, and the over all sound quality is average.

Some pictures attached.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-img3127.jpg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-img3136.jpg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-img3195.jpg
kashesh is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 21:38   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashesh View Post
After driving for 25 km, I think a 4x4 AT would've been a better choice
Congratulations! Could you please elaborate on the initial thought behind opting for MT and now wishing for AT?
Old 1st February 2021, 22:06   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Just took the delivery of 4x4MT in Super White with Chamois interiors. I think Chamois interiors looks quite plush compared to black ones I've seen at the showroom.
First of all congratulations for the beast. Wish you millions of safe miles with this new car.

On the interiors, Can you please share some more pictures. I am debating in my head for Black or Chamois and I haven't seen a Fortuner with Chamois interiors.

Slushmaster
Slushmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 22:38   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Congratulations! Could you please elaborate on the initial thought behind opting for MT and now wishing for AT?
Thank you! This is a chauffer driven car, hence MT made more sense. My daily beater is an A3 and every other car with us is an AT. Didn't feel the need to pay 3 lacs more for AT, besides car of this size is hardly driven within city limits on frequent basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushmaster View Post
On the interiors, Can you please share some more pictures. I am debating in my head for Black or Chamois and I haven't seen a Fortuner with Chamois interiors.
Absolutely! I will take some really good photos tomorrow morning and attach it. Most of the photos i've taken are exterior only.
kashesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 23:14   #417

Congratulations Kashesh on the new buy. Indeed the chamois interior look very plush and luxurious in real life as compared to any photos or videos available on web.
Also as rightly pointed out by you, the jbl system is not out of the world type experience but something which is bare minimum expected at this price band.
But what makes you think positively about automatic over manual version? Kindly elaborate
Old 1st February 2021, 23:19   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After driving for 25 km, I think a 4x4AT would've been a better choice.
Congrats on the beast, I think that's a rather late realization. The time of driving manuals in Indian traffic conditions is well and truly over especially for a big burly SUV like the Fortuner an automatic would have been a better choice.
Old 2nd February 2021, 00:53   #419
Senior - BHPian

If buyers are out to get a 4X2 vehicle, suddenly the Tata Safari 2021 looks like a credible competitor to the Fortuner at half the price of the Fortuner and with all bells and whistles - panoramic sunroof et-al and with a competent/tough Landrover D8 derived underpinnings.

The upcoming XUV500 looks even more promising. The days of Toyota having a monopoly in the SUV-Fortuner/MUV-Innova segment is truly over.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 2nd February 2021 at 00:56.
Old 2nd February 2021, 09:25   #420
BHPian

Some more observations. Eco Savings enables you to enter fuel price in the INR currency to show you how much fuel you're saving in Rupees real time. Also the car has no in-built navigation and you need to rely on Appel CarPlay or Android Auto to navigate yourself to the desired destination.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-page0.jpg

Some photos of Chamois Interiors as requested by all.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-img3278.jpg
2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-img3277.jpg
2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-img3273.jpg

One of my friend also has a last gen Fortuner with Black Interior and i think Chamois look more premium in my opinion. The seats are very well cushioned, soft, and comfortable to sit in. You can also extend your feet on the front passengers side seat if you recline it enough like on the Innova. Excellent Seat cushioning along with seat ventilation will avail you Kia Carnival like comfort although only for one passenger. The new Fortuner also has a impressive road presence, and almost every other eyes were on us. Even the traffic police were turning their head.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-img3219.jpg
kashesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed