Team-BHP - San Storm - Still Alive
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   San Storm - Still Alive (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/22545-san-storm-still-alive.html)

Evidence that the over-popular San Storm is still around. Clicked this on the way to office today. San Storm body shells being elegantly transported. 1 year's production worth- all 4 of them - in a mini-lorry. Like packed sheep.

The last i heard about san storm way it was getting a new heart

me always like this car but don't think it would be practical

It does look different!!!.. is there a change somewhere??

Godfather

They should dump the Renault 1.1L engine and look for something more powerful. I think if they manage to get a deal with either Maruti (Baleno's 1.6L Engine) or Fiat (1.6L Engine)...it can do wonders for the car. All the Auto mags love the car but hate it when it comes to performance....instead of importing an impotent engine if SAN tries to make a deal with some domestic manufacturer...it will be better for the and even better for the ones who wanna buy this small wonder.

San should get their hands on the Fiat 1.3 JTD. Should keep their bankers happy till the next decade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by veyron1 (Post 397998)
San should get their hands on the Fiat 1.3 JTD. Should keep their bankers happy till the next decade.

Have you lost you mind Atul! Ever seen the panel gaps on the damn thing? I could squeeze YOU through one of them!!!! I wouldn't bloody buy it even if it came with the E46 M3 engine :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 398003)
Have you lost you mind Atul! Ever seen the panel gaps on the damn thing? I could squeeze YOU through one of them!!!! I wouldn't bloody buy it even if it came with the E46 M3 engine :p

At 5.5 lakhs (i guess it is its prices) i would by a san storm with E46 M3 engine take it out of the san storm and dump it under the hood of a contessa :) and will send its body back:p

Interesting! The factory is in GOA and the bodies are coming from Bangalore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 398003)

Hahahaahaha. :p

Drifter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 398014)
Interesting! The factory is in GOA and the bodies are coming from Bangalore.

I think final assembly is in Goa. San Engg and Locomotive, or whatever they're called, have been in Whitefield for decades. They're opposite ITPL.

if they sold me just the bare rolling chassis along with the bodywork, I swear to God I can make a competitive speedrun car in the Indian open category. Anyone with a little bit of common sense can, but obviously no one's looking.

Quote:

All the Auto mags love the car but hate it when it comes to performance....
A Sports (?) car that doesn't perform. Wonder what about it is there for one to like. Even by the Auto mags.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG
1 year's production worth- all 4 of them - in a mini-lorry. Like packed sheep

@theMAG, are you sure you posted this in the correct thread? Just in case you missed, this thread isnt the "Official Joke Thread" ..

San Storm - a Sports car Sans the Storm ..

There is a guy working near to where I stay has 2 brand new San Storms (In Pune). One in RED and one in BLUE. I believe it has 1.1/1.2 "SPORTY" :Cheering:engine to pull it off... But honestly... people around just watch this car as they feel it to be something really "MEAN machine"....

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
Palio Sport

AFAIK there was a San Strom which a foreign engine and yes it was first in its category. Which engine was it running??

did see one yesterday after a long time on nh7 people were surrounding it went to see what was that.