Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2007, 13:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

they take more than a year on the car and all they do work on is the exterior?

They bloody needed to work on the interior instead of making the good thing better on the outside. :P and the steering wheel in dual-colour is sure a shoddy looking thing.
Old 25th March 2007, 14:09   #32
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm... looks so obvious. They keep people hanging for more than a year and then deliver this. Boo boo boooo... or is it? Would not Fiat have seen this?

I suspect, they have other plans. What we are seeing is an intermittent plan. Till they come up with a completely reworked vehicle they felt they needed a vehicle to keep the interest going. And hence... Very Tata-ish! While the Dicor was/is in works they kept churning out newer looks every 2 years or so. That way Indica even today looks beautiful and fresh to a big extent. With Tatas as their chief marketing advisors Fiat also seems to be learning the same tricks.

I won't be surpised if we see a flury of new cars from Fiat in the next 1-1.5 years. Till then have the "new" Palio people.
Old 25th March 2007, 14:42   #33
BHPian

It all depends on pricing.... if they price it very well, then the interiors may be forgiven.... looks like they may price it in the xeta range...cos they have plans for punto which is going to compete with the swift...

or if they are able to bring the multijet for a lakh cheaper than the swift...there is a chance of success...

I like the front redesign...also like the door handles....

Stile -> Italian for Style!...
Old 25th March 2007, 15:10   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

How about a comprehensive owner-satisfaction service package, alongwith a nice dealership experience and a realistically priced diesel? Now that would be doing it in "stile".
Old 25th March 2007, 16:28   #35
BHPian

Fiat is also going Maruti's way, doing cosmetic changes to it's model, rather than really upgrading the interiors or the power train. But if they price it correctly and provide a good service back-up, Palio can sure become a front-runner in it's segment.
Old 25th March 2007, 17:03   #36
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone considered one thing - When the car goes for service & the mechanics there get their greasy hands on the steering wheel boss, how fast it'll turn from beige to muddy brown
Old 25th March 2007, 17:10   #37
Senior - BHPian

I am beginning to like the new Palio's front. Looks very modern, fresh and contemprory. Door handles are nice too, very upmarket. Car looks great in white. The interiors are well YUCK! The beige thing has only made the interiors worse. The beige center thing on the steering is hidieous. Wonder how they passed that design/colour combo. Where did the Italian design flair go?

BUT, has the car been launched? Doesn't look like the car was snapped at a dealership or on a test drive. And why wasn't the thread starter not allowed to drive the car? If the car is not been launched and these are still "spy" pics of the new Palio then it's pointless starting a new thread.

Fiat India's website is silent about the new Palio launch. It still shows the current Palio.
Old 25th March 2007, 17:46   #38
BHPian

mmm i dont like it man it doesnt looks good,no power,...only a economic car which we ll see
Old 25th March 2007, 18:22   #39
BHPian

I love the new looks, exterior only. IMHO the interior has been made worse., wish it was closer to Left hand drive ones shown in other pix. Ofcourse the drop in engine performance disappoints me, may be there will be many takers if the FE goes up.

BTW the yellow one in pix looks fabulous.
Old 25th March 2007, 18:49   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
Eventhough i'm not allowed to drive that, I got a couple of chances to start it and had a play with the accelerator pedal.
hey shineshine,
Where did you get to see this? Which place are you refering to? Is it launched or is it another sneak peek?
Old 25th March 2007, 19:27   #41
elf
BANNED

The front & rear look a lot fresher, though I prefer the existing Palio's taillamps.

The interior should go into the Weird & Whacky section, as some bright spark said.

The only hope now is if they bring it in with a 2.0L blown petrol.
Old 25th March 2007, 19:38   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 KMPH View Post
I know that the interiors of the new palio are boring but in other countries,the interiors of the new palio are totally different.Just compare the interiors of the new palio in india and in other countries.These interiors are not at all boring.

The interiors of the really new Palio launched in Brazil and RSA in 2004 is a LHD version. Fiat have said they will not make it in the RHD versions.
Old 25th March 2007, 20:17   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post

The exterior styling looks great even though the Clear Jewel type lens and Mesh Grill + Fog lamps look like a direct lift from TATA V2 2007.

May this be a new light in Palio's journey..!
Lol, yeah that was what I thought as well when I saw the new Xeta for the first time. Actually, its the Xeta that has taken a few design cues from this ' new ' palio which was launched in 2004-05 worldwide. So, the Palio Stile is a 3 year old design.

A little birdie from a Fiat's dealership at yesterday's fiatclubindia meet told us that the new engine 1.1 L engine is much much better than the 1.2 NV in terms of both driveability and fuel efficiency and the car is still a sweet drive.The drop in overall weight of the car seems to have done the trick.How the reduced weight affects the dynamics of the car is what we have to wait and watch.

Hey, what about the new red Fiat badge ? The steering wheel would look better with that new badge.

Last edited by roms : 25th March 2007 at 20:18.
Old 25th March 2007, 20:27   #44
BHPian

possibly taken beige interiors from Xeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Lol, yeah that was what I thought as well when I saw the new Xeta for the first time. Actually, its the Xeta that has taken a few design cues from this ' new ' palio which was launched in 2004-05 worldwide. So, the Palio Stile is a 3 year old design.

A little birdie from a Fiat's dealership at yesterday's fiatclubindia meet told us that the new engine 1.1 L engine is much much better than the 1.2 NV in terms of both driveability and fuel efficiency and the car is still a sweet drive.The drop in overall weight of the car seems to have done the trick.How the reduced weight affects the dynamics of the car is what we have to wait and watch.

Hey, what about the new red Fiat badge ? The steering wheel would look better with that new badge.
The beige (or cream color whatever it is) could have come from Xeta. I suspect even the parts were straight away taken from (for economics) Xeta parts.
Old 25th March 2007, 21:25   #45
BHPian

The *stile* is in name only as far as interiors are concerned. It is going to be priced such that people don't even consider it in dreams.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks