Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2007, 16:50   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
City driving does not need all the torque or HP to be available at lower rpms. This also makes the car fuel efficient since you are not unnecessarily using power. You just may have to change gears a little bit.
I thought it was common knowledge plus the discussion on this very thread that you need good low-end torque for easier city driving
Old 27th March 2007, 18:55   #92

Mr. Malhotra,
Sorry for correcting you the santro is having 1086 CC Engine making 63 bhp @ 5500 Rpm & Torque of 98 Nm @ 4000 Rpm, Wagon R is having 1061cc making 64 bhp @ 6200 Rpm @ Torque of 85.6 @ 3500 Rpm. Whereas Palio 1.1 is having 1108cc Engine making 57bhp @ 5250 Rpm 7 Torque of 92 Nm @ 2750 Rpm. As regarding weight the New Palio 1.1 is definately having 990 kgs.
Happy driving, Vivek Mishra.
Old 28th March 2007, 18:33   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulprints View Post
Mr. Malhotra,
Sorry for correcting you the santro is having 1086 CC Engine making 63 bhp @ 5500 Rpm & Torque of 98 Nm @ 4000 Rpm, Wagon R is having 1061cc making 64 bhp @ 6200 Rpm @ Torque of 85.6 @ 3500 Rpm. Whereas Palio 1.1 is having 1108cc Engine making 57bhp @ 5250 Rpm 7 Torque of 92 Nm @ 2750 Rpm. As regarding weight the New Palio 1.1 is definately having 990 kgs.
Happy driving, Vivek Mishra.
Can you share the specs and weight of 1.6 too?
Old 28th March 2007, 23:46   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Can you share the specs and weight of 1.6 too?
New Palio 1.6 will have weight of 1060 kgs.
Happy Motoring.
Old 30th March 2007, 08:50   #95
Senior - BHPian

hi all

looks like tata motors outlets in bangalore are accepting bookings for the palio stile now. no test drive car yet!
Old 30th March 2007, 08:53   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
hi all

looks like tata motors outlets in bangalore are accepting bookings for the palio stile now. no test drive car yet!

is it on display ..?
do they expect bookings without test drive ..
Old 30th March 2007, 17:19   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
Can u please let us know, from where u sourced this information.
Most of the reviews say that the weight is within 900 Kgs.
Fiat Palio 1100-- Automotive News
I'd like to know what they did to reduce the weight. Is it just the engine change.

BTW, is this a new engine or just the old 1.2 with smaller pistons?
Old 30th March 2007, 17:55   #98
Senior - BHPian

Its a new 1.1 L engine with 54/57 BHP at lower end rpm, i guess 2750 or something.. And the weight reduction seems only coz of the engine... 2nd Apr is the date FIAT will introduce this all new (???) Palio in market..

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
Old 30th March 2007, 18:02   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I'd like to know what they did to reduce the weight. Is it just the engine change.

BTW, is this a new engine or just the old 1.2 with smaller pistons?
The GM of Vipul Motors told me that the weight reduction is only because of engine. When I asked him if it was an all-aluminium engine, he replied in the negative and said that the lower weight was achieved by using an engine block with thin walls.

However, you need to take their statements with a pinch of salt.

I saw the car. Looks okey but not significantly different! The interiors are the same and that diminishes the newness effect.
Old 31st March 2007, 20:12   #100
Senior - BHPian

Had been to manipal motors eager to see the new palio! much to my dismay was greeted out on the road by a enuch demanding money. i thought 'what a start!' and went in to park my car, the security says throw your car somewhere else on the road and come back. two ladies at reception. the whole place looked like a government office. the ladies were constantly on the phone forever. i just asked her i needed information on the new palio. she shows me the adventure and says have a look at it! wow so much for customer service. i asked her atleast give me a price spec, she gives me the old spec itself and has no idea that the new ones aren't there! she calls up someone and asks me to talk to him over phone. he says he is the person incharge of fiat and palio sales and that he is somewhere else in the city (!!!) and he cant attend to me now. thats it. i just give my name and number and storm out. not surprisingly no one ever felt i came and left

ahead on that road i go to trident hyundai. a/c showroom (the ac actually works!), i am welcomed by an executive, he asks me to park in a designated parking lot, and he enquires what i need, i tell him some info on verna and getz, he asks me to sit down. after sometime no one turns up. then comes a person and asks me what i need, gives me a pricelist. but he has no updates on the new launches and he asks me to check back in a week. in fact his technical knowledge was quite bad.

on my way back i cruise through dakshin honda. i jam my brakes park and go to the showroom. i am welcomed in, and promptly asked what i am looking for. i say city ZX, and since no executive is currently free, i am asked to play around with the city that is there nearby. i check out whatever i want to. meanwhile a person first offers me water. goes back comes back again asks me whether i want tea/coffee or cola. i say nothing please. he is taken aback and asks me once more just to make sure and heads back. there is a guy taking delivery of civic and the staff stand by him, take a photograph of the delivery and wish him good luck and hez off. next me, i ask lots of tech questions, answers are relevant. though i notice he compares honda to fiesta a lot and also to some extent ikon !! i talk about palio and he gives fundas that a 100bhp palio is worse than a 77bhp honda. and that it cant seat five people blah blah blah. i take the cost sheet and tell him i ll come back later. surprisingly no one asks me for a test drive.

what a difference in service levels across!! interesting experience!

i m heading off to chevrolet showroom tomorrow. lets check out the experience there too!!
Old 31st March 2007, 20:41   #101
Senior - BHPian

FINALLY....ITS COMING TOMORROW....Launch in Fiat's Ranjangaon plant at 1:00 pm. should be in the news tomorrow night and in the papers the day after.
Old 31st March 2007, 21:25   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
FINALLY....ITS COMING TOMORROW....Launch in Fiat's Ranjangaon plant at 1:00 pm. should be in the news tomorrow night and in the papers the day after.
Wasn't everyone saying April 2nd???
Old 31st March 2007, 21:45   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Fiat is also going Maruti's way, doing cosmetic changes to it's model, rather than really upgrading the interiors or the power train.
"aint it the TATA way too ?? Nothing amusing. Interiors are bad...
Old 31st March 2007, 22:28   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had been to manipal motors eager to see the new palio! much to my dismay was greeted out on the road by a enuch demanding money. i thought 'what a start!' and went in to park my car, the security says throw your car somewhere else on the road and come back. two ladies at reception. the whole place looked like a government office. the ladies were constantly on the phone forever. i just asked her i needed information on the new palio. she shows me the adventure and says have a look at it! wow so much for customer service. i asked her atleast give me a price spec, she gives me the old spec itself and has no idea that the new ones aren't there! she calls up someone and asks me to talk to him over phone. he says he is the person incharge of fiat and palio sales and that he is somewhere else in the city (!!!) and he cant attend to me now. thats it. i just give my name and number and storm out. not surprisingly no one ever felt i came and left

ahead on that road i go to trident hyundai. a/c showroom (the ac actually works!), i am welcomed by an executive, he asks me to park in a designated parking lot, and he enquires what i need, i tell him some info on verna and getz, he asks me to sit down. after sometime no one turns up. then comes a person and asks me what i need, gives me a pricelist. but he has no updates on the new launches and he asks me to check back in a week. in fact his technical knowledge was quite bad.

on my way back i cruise through dakshin honda. i jam my brakes park and go to the showroom. i am welcomed in, and promptly asked what i am looking for. i say city ZX, and since no executive is currently free, i am asked to play around with the city that is there nearby. i check out whatever i want to. meanwhile a person first offers me water. goes back comes back again asks me whether i want tea/coffee or cola. i say nothing please. he is taken aback and asks me once more just to make sure and heads back. there is a guy taking delivery of civic and the staff stand by him, take a photograph of the delivery and wish him good luck and hez off. next me, i ask lots of tech questions, answers are relevant. though i notice he compares honda to fiesta a lot and also to some extent ikon !! i talk about palio and he gives fundas that a 100bhp palio is worse than a 77bhp honda. and that it cant seat five people blah blah blah. i take the cost sheet and tell him i ll come back later. surprisingly no one asks me for a test drive.

what a difference in service levels across!! interesting experience!

i m heading off to chevrolet showroom tomorrow. lets check out the experience there too!!
Interesting experiences...I completely agree with you on the Fiat-TATA exp...had to wait for 45 mins at Wasan TATA in Borivali before someone even asked me for water when I had enquired abt the Fiat Palio as i had walked in. When I asked abt the Indica 45 mins later...3 crows were trying to sell me the car!!!
Old 31st March 2007, 22:40   #105
BHPian

Quote:

i talk about palio and he gives fundas that a 100bhp palio is worse than a 77bhp honda. and that it cant seat five people blah blah blah.
Ok Thats It !! Finally. I have this gun with me which I have never yet used. I guess the time has come. I would shoot this guy first, then take him to a hospital in my Palio 1.6, and enroute I shall ask him the same question again. If I get the same reply this time, he's really had it.Now can I get the tel no. please?

Jokes apart, my experience with Maruti showrooms has been the best.Shaman auto were very good 4 years back when I bought my Palio 1.2.But that was when Fiat was still doing much better.Tatas are the worst when it comes to selling. I was really put off by their attitude,it was as if I was there to buy a Tata 407.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks