Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2007, 16:39   #106
BHPian

what is the pricing in mumbai any idea?
Old 1st April 2007, 23:48   #107
BHPian

is it launched ? if yes whats the OTR delhi price?
Old 2nd April 2007, 00:24   #108
BHPian

Hi,
I'm pretty sure that the Palio Stile(New Palio) has undergone some reduction in Sheet metal thickness. Atleast some parts like Bonnet and Fronter piece. I'm having a Palio 1.2 and its pretty difficult to lift the Bonnet with single Hand. But in Stile, its easily opened. Another thing is the difference in sound while tapping the fronter piece. The Palio Stile sounded like tapping on New India XETA. Even the fronter part get deforms with a firm push which will never happen with Old Palio.
So I think certainly there has been some play with the Sheet metal thickness.
One more thing to add. Please notice the large gap between the Wheel and Wheel Arches. The Gap has widened than old Palio. This can happen if the Palio Stile is using the same Shock absorber of Old Palio with a considerable weight loss.
Old 2nd April 2007, 09:43   #109
Senior - BHPian

Will anyone here be kind enough to provide some good photographs of the palio and share proper experiences on what the new palio feels like to drive, w.r.t stability, the weight loss from the original one and the shocks. Anyone at all who can hitch one test drive, please post it to this forum soon
Old 2nd April 2007, 11:13   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
I was really put off by their attitude,it was as if I was there to buy a Tata 407.
I agree with you on this. I had gone to the TATA showroom to get a quote for the Indigo and the kind getleman took me out of the showroom at 1.00 PM on a sunny day...opened the boot of the car...telling me how deep the boot is...then opened the doors...how wide they open and then again took me inside the showroom for the paperwork!!!! Man, where is the testdrive...? and I was told that its the same as other TATA cars!!! Drive an Indica and the feel is the same...
Old 2nd April 2007, 16:09   #111
BHPian

New Palio was supposed to be launched today ...
dont see any news, updates.
somewhere i read it would be on 4 April......any ideas ?
Old 2nd April 2007, 18:00   #112
Senior - BHPian

All fools day. Also April 1. Maybe Aprils 2,3,4,5, etc. Possibly Fiat thinks this day should be all 365 days of all years. Enjoy maadi ... suspense is good for the heart.
Old 2nd April 2007, 19:07   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
Hi,
I'm pretty sure that the Palio Stile(New Palio) has undergone some reduction in Sheet metal thickness. Atleast some parts like Bonnet and Fronter piece. I'm having a Palio 1.2 and its pretty difficult to lift the Bonnet with single Hand. But in Stile, its easily opened. Another thing is the difference in sound while tapping the fronter piece. The Palio Stile sounded like tapping on New India XETA. Even the fronter part get deforms with a firm push which will never happen with Old Palio.
So I think certainly there has been some play with the Sheet metal thickness.
One more thing to add. Please notice the large gap between the Wheel and Wheel Arches. The Gap has widened than old Palio. This can happen if the Palio Stile is using the same Shock absorber of Old Palio with a considerable weight loss.
Good point. Its get confusing because even the engine has changed. A good way to figure this out is to check the new weight of the Palio 1.6.
They may have even gone with a fiber glass bonnet. A magnet will help solve the mystery.
Old 2nd April 2007, 19:23   #114
Senior - BHPian

I hope FIAT will do marketing for this new Palio and will not rely on mouth publicity..

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
Old 2nd April 2007, 22:32   #115
BHPian

Just saw it on Zee Business.Both Palio 1.1 and Getz Prime to be launched on 4th of April.
Old 2nd April 2007, 22:37   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Just saw it on Zee Business.Both Palio 1.1 and Getz Prime to be launched on 4th of April.
Getz prime is launched . Check it out

Welcome to Hyundai Motor :: Hyundai Getz Prime
Old 2nd April 2007, 22:45   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Both look darned boring. The only real improvement I've seen from a older version to the new one are,
1. Hyundai Santro (from zipdrive to Xing). the most really. took it from ratty aesthetics to something that was almost classy.
2. Mahindra Scorpio (to a lesser extent)

The ones that had new versions looking worse than the previous - Maruti Zen (what were they thinking?), Tata Indica (the original italian job was better - just lacked 14" wheels and a good paint job. The truckmakers did it in).

Personally I find the new Palio very boring. It's almost like they went and did a maruti zen on it. They lost the rear character, and they could have done something much much better in the front. Likewise with the Getz. The Getz Prime is the car Hyundai launched in Europe (about 2 years ago(!)), where they like softer curvy stuff - (sissies if you ask me. They should all be dumped in Skoda country).
Old 3rd April 2007, 03:06   #118
BHPian

Fiat-india is not spending a paisa for promoting its products, it is the only company doing like this. Thats why we dont see or read anything about the launching of new palio.

Most Viewed