Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2020, 14:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Fortuner TRD Limited Edition launched at Rs. 34.98 lakh

Toyota has launched the Fortuner TRD limited edition in India. The SUV is available in Diesel 4X2 and Diesel 4X4 AT variants priced at Rs. 34.98 lakh and Rs. 36.88 lakh (ex-showroom) respectively.

Toyota Fortuner TRD Limited Edition launched at Rs. 34.98 lakh-fortuner-trd.jpg

The Fortuner TRD limited edition comes with a dual-tone roof and charcoal black 18-inch TRD alloy wheels. It also gets redesigned front and rear bumpers as well as a TRD radiator grille garnish.

The SUV is equipped with the Special Technology Package as standard. This includes a head-up display, tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS), Digital Video Recorder (DVR), Wireless Smartphone Charger and Welcome door lamp. The SUV also gets 360-degree camera, illuminated scuff plate, auto folding ORVMs, dual-tone dashboard and upholstery and an Air Ionizer.

The Fortuner TRD is powered by a 2.8-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that produces 175 BHP @ 3,400 rpm and 450 Nm @ 1,600-2,400 rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission which comes with paddle shifters. The SUV also has an automatic idle start / stop system.

Toyota Fortuner TRD Limited Edition launched at Rs. 34.98 lakh-fortuner-dust.jpg

Toyota Fortuner TRD Limited Edition launched at Rs. 34.98 lakh-multiterrainmonitormtm.jpg

Toyota Fortuner TRD Limited Edition launched at Rs. 34.98 lakh-stunningdualtonedashboard01.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by ChiragM : 6th August 2020 at 14:18.
ChiragM is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 14:27   #2
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner TRD Limited Edition launched at Rs. 34.98 lakh

Finally Toyota stops being lazy and actually offers valuable feature upgrades instead of just TRD badging. Wireless charging, HUD and 360 degree camera are great additions and thankfully the alloy design is different too.

Now I hope they start bringing their mid size SUVs from international markets too
Lowflyer23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 14:41   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Rs 36L ex-showroom means the Fortuner now touches almost Rs 45L on-road

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 6th August 2020 at 14:52.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 15:20   #4
BHPian

Any idea if the DVR is available for existing owners at an extra cost?

I already have the 360 degree camera installed, however I have one major gripe with it rendering it completely useless. It turns off automatically if you put the car in reverse and again in first.

In a situation wherein you have to go reverse and forward multiple times(the case where you actually need the cameras most) it will turn off once your car is out of reverse. You have to manually press the button to restart the screen. The boot time is also high. Therefore I stopped bothering with it. I just go by judgement now.

A simple software programme tweak should solve this issue. Once the user presses the camera button it should stay on till it reaches speed above 15km/h. That's the case I believe with the other manufacturers.
dean5545 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 15:42   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Any idea if the DVR is available for existing owners at an extra cost?
Yes it is available for other Fortuner grades at a cost
Old 9th August 2020, 14:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Most(or all) of these new features are plug and play and appears Toyota bought them in bulk from AliExpress. The Air purifier is made from Sharp. Unless you want different bumper, save 2.5lacs and get a regular Fortuner. All the accessories should come within 15k if bought from AliExpress.
PrideRed is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 14:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rs 36L ex-showroom means the Fortuner now touches almost Rs 45L on-road
Considering how our Indian roads and infrastructure is, I would NOW happily pay 45 lakhs to this behemoth over the ridiculously expensive Octavia vRS 245.

Surely one cannot compare these two cars, but I am not particularly ok with paying almost the same money to have all the performance on paper without having the place to experience, quite steep maintenance charges, uncertain A.S.S and pretty complex technology!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks