Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2020, 13:15   #376
BHPian

Re: A Close Look : Kia Sonet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
That boot looks bigger than most competition, so it is quite unlikely the rear seat will be a revelation as well.

After all, they have to package everything within the 4m constraint.
IMO, WRV seems to have better numbers isn't it. And the back seat space is something Honda as mastered and others are far away.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 22:33   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Well, the Nexon was the C-SUV I'd earmarked to purchase in 2021, until the Sonet production version photos and videos came up.Interesting times for buyers of the C-SUV space, for sure. Ultimately, buyer wins.
Exactly! Ultimately the increase of choice is confusing but definitely we will benefit from the competition (except the Tata strategy of price increase now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
Keeping the DCT-AMT difference aside, isn't TATA Nexon still a VFM package ?
For sure the Sonet will be priced by a premium to it's Venue sibling and hence it will be priced higher than the Nexon for sure.
Thats a million dollar question arises in my mind. Because I've test driven the Petrol Nexon and was about to book it, and then here, Sonet comes into the picture. My focus was on the budget of 9.0L(+/- 15K) Ex Showroom price with Manual (only). I did a comparison with the XM and XZ variants of Nexon (Because that's what comes under my budget, along with MT) with the somewhat equivalent HTK and HTK+ variants of Sonet. The green are the features that has upper-hand over the other one.
HTK+ is a desirable variant as per my liking and features if it fits in my budget. But I realized later that I only have a Diesel engine option in Sonet if I've to go with MT (1.2L is under-powered as I felt in Venue so ruled out and I can't think of a clutch-less driving ).
IMHO The 2DIN in HTK looks ugly on the bigger center stack as I saw in Seltos, and not sure about the availability of an aftermarket one. For that reason HTK is not really seems to be a good choice.
In many aspects I felt Nexon is value for money in these variants - mainly due to the standard safety packs. And the missing items can be retro fitted in Nexon except the ht adjustable driver seat.
But going up on the variants, Sonet would definitely overtake Nexon provided it is sensibly priced (Nexon has a price of 10,54,500 for XZ (O)).
Just sharing it here if that may help anyone to decide between Nexon and Sonet with some budget restriction.
Attached Thumbnails
A Close Look : Kia Sonet-nexon-vs-sonet.jpg  

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 27th August 2020 at 23:01. Reason: removing extra space
BKB999 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 01:25   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKB999 View Post
Just sharing it here if that may help anyone to decide between Nexon and Sonet with some budget restriction.
Thank you for that picture . Definitely makes my life a little easier, I'm quite in the process of choosing between the Nexon and the Sonet with budget restrictions too, can't make up my mind without seeing the cars in the flesh. Seeing as you're in Chennai, do you mind telling me where you test-drove the Nexon (if it is in Chennai)?

I'm in the same predicament too, I am after a manual, and the Nexon is appealing but the recent price hike could make it more expensive than the Sonet HTK+. Also, did you have a look at the Venue S with the turbo petrol manual? It is only 15k over the NA petrol manual...

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 28th August 2020 at 01:48. Reason: Extra Space
gusfring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 10:16   #379
Senior - BHPian

Kia Sonet Diesel Auto, Petrol DCT in high demand, bookings cross 10k mark.

A Close Look : Kia Sonet-smartselect_20200828101438_chrome.jpg

A Close Look : Kia Sonet-smartselect_20200828101448_chrome.jpg

A Close Look : Kia Sonet-smartselect_20200828101501_chrome.jpg

https://www.rushlane.com/kia-sonet-c...-12373130.html
Venkatesh is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 11:12   #380
BHPian

Kia Sonet GT Line spied insideout at dealership stockyard

A Close Look : Kia Sonet-kiasonetgtlinebeigegoldfront216e.jpg

A Close Look : Kia Sonet-kiasonetgtlinebeigegoldinteriordash1aba.jpg

A Close Look : Kia Sonet-kiasonetgtlinebeigegoldrightthreequarterse44a.jpg

A Close Look : Kia Sonet-kiasonetgtlinebeigegoldsecondrowseatsb968.jpg
TorqueSteer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 11:21   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
The alloys on this variant (HTX Plus?) look absolutely hideous. The car, otherwise, is a head turner though. This definitely is shortlisted for my son's grand i10 replacement. All eyes on how Kia is going to price the variants.
Old 28th August 2020, 11:24   #382
Senior - BHPian

Those arent HTX plus alloys. Those are stylized steel wheels like the one on the Creta S variant. So its either a base model or a mid variant
Old 28th August 2020, 11:32   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Those arent HTX plus alloys. Those are stylized steel wheels like the one on the Creta S variant. So its either a base model or a mid variant
The variant in question has the rear wiper, which starts from HTX+. So I'm assuming this is HTX+ and not a base variant. Doesn't look like a GT variant either as it doesn't have the red accents.

Last edited by Col Mehta : 28th August 2020 at 11:39.
Col Mehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 11:44   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A Close Look : Kia Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKB999 View Post
Exactly! Ultimately the increase of choice is confusing but definitely we will benefit from the competition (except the Tata strategy of price increase now).

HTK+ is a desirable variant as per my liking and features if it fits in my budget. But I realized later that I only have a Diesel engine option in Sonet if I've to go with MT (1.2L is under-powered as I felt in Venue so ruled out and I can't think of a clutch-less driving ).
Totally agree with your rationale. The instrument console surface extending on to the central console is a design pioneered by Benz in the new E Class in 2017 and it is meant to house the new-age large touchscreens in cars. It just simply does not work without a large touchscreen ICE at the middle. A 2-DIN system looks ludicrous and completely out of place there. In the case of the Sonet HTK+, Kia is providing an 8 inch touchscreen, a very good size for the segment. It is also known to be quite responsive and looks well integrated along with modern features like Android Auto and Apple Car Play. So it is not a feature to miss and it makes sense to go with the HTK+ instead of the HTK.

You should have two choices in HTK+, since it is the variant with literally every engine and transmission being offered! These two will both hopefully and probably end up in the 9lakh ex-showroom range - the Diesel MT or the turbo petrol IMT. Both should be good choices. The turbo Petrol iMT in the Hyundai Venue is available for 9.99 lakhs in the SX trim, which is equivalent to somewhere between the HTX and HTX+ in the Sonet. So the lower spec HTK+ turbo IMT in the Sonet should come in close to your target price range. It will be a good option combining some of the conveniences of a semi-automatic (clutchless) car, fuel efficiency close to that of the turbo-petrol equivalent manual and the higher power from the turbo motor.

However, if you can stretch to 10 lakhs, Would certainly recommend HTK+ Diesel AT, which I am hoping will be launched under 10 lakhs. I have booked that one myself. It will be the best of all worlds, if launched at 9.99 lakh price point - convenience of auto, torque of the Diesel, fuel efficiency that is best in class, modern diesel with VGT tech, reliability of the TC box, best in class ground clearance of 205 mm, good road presence thanks to class-leading height and width, and all this with big road tax benefits, due to pricing under 10 lakhs.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 28th August 2020 at 11:49.
Old 28th August 2020, 12:05   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
The variant in question has the rear wiper, which starts from HTX+. So I'm assuming this is HTX+ and not a base variant. Doesn't look like a GT variant either as it doesn't have the red accents.
Those are probably the handiwork of the dealership who are swapping alloys and tyres to base models to move cars from warehouse to dealership. As you know Creta and Seltos alloys are being stolen from home and streets to be sold in black market.
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 12:50   #386
BHPian

Interior looks fabulous. Defenitely Kia has a winner on arrival. Combined KIA monthly unit sale should cross 20k.

Quick note: Is Sonet really that tall?A Close Look : Kia Sonet-screenshot_20200828124146397_com.android.chrome.jpg
Or did they hire a shorter model for shoot?
Vijin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 13:21   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post

"India Specific" Enhancements. Air protection inside, and Noise pollution outside with "Best Horn Perfomance"
Attachment 2048010
Kia really took regionalization to the next level! Great marketing! As much as everyone would find this cheesy, deep-down we all manufacturers to pay attention to these little details and have the "best horn performance"
Kingston is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 13:33   #388
BHPian

Re: A Close Look : Kia Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
However, if you can stretch to 10 lakhs, Would certainly recommend HTK+ Diesel AT, which I am hoping will be launched under 10 lakhs. I have booked that one myself. It will be the best of all worlds, if launched at 9.99 lakh price point - convenience of auto, torque of the Diesel, fuel efficiency that is best in class, modern diesel with VGT tech, reliability of the TC box, best in class ground clearance of 205 mm, good road presence thanks to class-leading height and width, and all this with big road tax benefits, due to pricing under 10 lakhs.
Don't want to be a disappointment here but it's highly unlikely that HTK+ Diesel AT would retail below 10L ex-showroom. On comparison we have entry level diesel automatics - Nexon XMA @ 9.8L and XUV3OO @ 10.2L both being short of features when compared to Sonet HTK+. Additionally we are going to have TC gearbox when compared to AMT in other two and the engine itself will be in higher state of tune with VGT(compared with equivalent manual variant). I would seriously hope Kia to prove me wrong by pricing it below 10L We will have to wait and see.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 13:43   #389
Senior - BHPian

I had written off the Sonet as a better looking Venue. But the video highlights that the car checks off everything an Indian customer can ask for!

I cant think of even a single functionality missed, apart from Panaromic sunroof and lumbar support!
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 13:50   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
I'm not sure if its base/mid model. Seems to have rear wash+wipe & adjustable rear head restraints. The first picture also has something suspiciously similar to rain-sensors besides the IRVM mount. All are generally features reserved for higher variants. It won't be a surprise if its a higher trim but running temporary wheels during some testing/transit run.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks