Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2020, 18:24   #451
BHPian

Re: A Close Look : Kia Sonet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
If you want rear seat comfort it is best to go up a segment. This is about as spacious as the Venue which is about as spacious as the i10 on the inside. Both cars fool you into thinking its big because of the flared fenders that make it feel so. This segment is best used for office commuting or dropping sub 10 year olds to school and grocery shopping or if you have a very small family or parking constraints in building society.
Absolutely true. The venue is a 4 seater at the best
The moment you enter the cabin you will realize that in an effort to top up the cabin with all the goodies they compromised on the real estate.
Look at the dashboard, it's so narrow that you can pretty much touch any corner with just your arms stretched.
I can't blame Hyundai or Kia but with all the bells and whistles taking priority with customers they had to compromise somewhere.
Again it all depends on the requirements. For a family of 3 with an average build, Venue or Sonet is a good buy.
Old 1st September 2020, 19:04   #452
Senior - BHPian

If the speculated pricing is true, the "jo dikhta hai wahi bikta hai" brigade will ensure the final nail is driven into cars from other manufacturers sparing the segment only to the koreans and little to Maruti's.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 19:08   #453
Senior - BHPian

Kia Sonet launch on 18th September.

Source

First Look Walkaround Video by AutoTrend TV

CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 19:21   #454
Senior - BHPian

If true, Turbo petrol prices are way too high. You can't ask 2.5 Lakhs extra just for Turbo. It's daylight robbery for me. What on earth you have extra in that engine which will cost you 2.5 Lakhs? As I have engineering background, i can assure you it's cheating if it's true.

Edit - I guess price difference is 2 Lakhs, model to model. Still its high in my opinion.

Last edited by aniketi : 1st September 2020 at 19:47.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 19:45   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
If true, Turbo petrol prices are way too high. You can't ask 2.5 Lakhs extra just for Turbo. It's daylight robbery for me. What on earth you have extra in that engine which will cost you 2.5 Lakhs? As I have engineering background, i can assure you it's cheating if it's true.
How are you arriving at the 2.5 lakh figure? The only variant that has both the NA and Turbo Petrol is HTK+ and the price difference isn't that high.
If you are comparing the price difference of the base model with NA engine and the HTK+ Turbo IMT, of course the price difference will be high because of additional features, not just the engine.

Additionally, the turbo is not getting a manual transmission at all, it will be either IMT or DC, so the price premium is definitely not just the engine.

Last edited by Shreyas_H : 1st September 2020 at 19:46.
Shreyas_H is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 20:37   #456
BHPian

If true, the GTX+ Diesel Auto is on the pricier side. Even though it gets the best engine+transmission combo the on road prices in Bangalore might trump 17L for a vehicle which ultimately is a glorified hatch built on Santro's platform. The all new gizmo rich i20 with a Hyundai badge and ~5L cheaper on road price looks all more alluring proposition.
Old 1st September 2020, 20:54   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
If the speculated pricing is true, the "jo dikhta hai wahi bikta hai" brigade will ensure the final nail is driven into cars from other manufacturers sparing the segment only to the koreans and little to Maruti's.
How is this a bad thing? The other manufacturers have been doing nothing to meet the market demand. The Creta didn't have a rival for its entire model run and the current rival is a twin. The diesel automatic is a master stroke, Ford hasn't bother to offer one in the ecosport after 7 years.

No sane company will put money on the table when they are the lone offering in the segment, the other brands are offering AMTs at higher prices. Kia deserves its success, they'll be able to fight it out against the skoda VW twins whenever the vision in whatever finally starts selling.
avira_tk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 21:04   #458
BHPian

Kia Sonet to be launched in India on 18 September, 2020.

Source
jigar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 21:25   #459
BHPian

Very aggressive pricing IMO and will be the definite segment favourite with all the gizmos on offer.

Kia/Hyundai have great strategy at launching new products. The teasers, sneak peaks, first look etc. create the hype and maintain it till the launch. Even this, the "leaked" price list, just aids them to know the buzz of the town to price it at the optimum.

Great product + Great marketing + Great pricing, and the already tested platform from the Venue. I think we have a TBHP car of the year top contender here.
janakiram_m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 21:42   #460
REN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
You can't ask 2.5 Lakhs extra just for Turbo. It's daylight robbery for me. What on earth you have extra in that engine which will cost you 2.5 Lakhs? As I have engineering background, i can assure you it's cheating if it's true.
HTK+ seems to be the only variant to offer both the 1.2 NA and 1.0 T-GDI. The price difference between 1.2 MT and 1.0 IMT HTK+ is 1.2 lakhs and not 2 or 2.5 lakhs like you've mentioned. A premium of 1.2 lakhs over the NA engine for a modern T-GDI engine with superior power output and an IMT transmission is perfectly reasonable.
REN is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 23:04   #461
Senior - BHPian

First thing that impresses you are the 'heavy as lead' doors. This should be the 'densest' one in this segment. I could barely lift the engine bonnet, it was that heavy. Car does have presence and I had no issue with rear leg-space. Overall its a good car and should dominate the segment. But the interior plastics were really bad. Especially the areas around the central buttons. Boot space was good, so was the raised stance of the car. People were crazily checking out the car all day, so I sneaked it at closing time!
Attached Thumbnails
A Close Look : Kia Sonet-img_9847.jpg  

A Close Look : Kia Sonet-img_9850.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 01:05   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Base HTE variant as per Facebook page.
This isn't the base model but a test mule. BTW I clicked this pic and posted on TBHP. Someone stole it from here and cropped the watermark

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4867298 (A Close Look : Kia Sonet)
Pri2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 06:53   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post

We should urgently have a light embossed kind of watermark across Team BHP pics. Mods, please do it and don't bother about it being intrusive for picture quality. I think half of auto blogs, Facebook pages and websites will go out of business

Sorry mods, know it is OT - but couldn't help it.

Last edited by CoolFire : 2nd September 2020 at 06:57.
CoolFire is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 09:33   #464
BHPian

I had look at the SONET GTX+ and SELTOS GTX+ standing side by side yesterday. While the SONET's door felt heavier, the interiors of SELTOS appeared to be far far superior to that of the SONET. The plastics, the seats, the layout everything. Based on the SELTOS's price of 17.34, in my view anything over 12.0 for SONET GTX+ will be overpricing.
TS Rawat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 10:09   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Rawat View Post
I had look at the SONET GTX+ and SELTOS GTX+ standing side by side yesterday. While the SONET's door felt heavier, the interiors of SELTOS appeared to be far far superior to that of the SONET. The plastics, the seats, the layout everything. Based on the SELTOS's price of 17.34, in my view anything over 12.0 for SONET GTX+ will be overpricing.
Thank you for sharing your experience. Basis your location, I'm assuming you went to Shubh Kia in Dehradun? Can you confirm if they have Tech Line variants in display? Someone from the dealership called yesterday to invite me for the car unveiling today evening (I'm in Dehradun these days). I might not go to avoid crowd but wanted to check if you happened to see any other variant with black and beige interiors.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks