Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2020, 17:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata launches health & hygiene accessories

Tata Motors has launched a range of health and hygiene accessories including an air purifier, air filter and sanitization kit.

Tata launches health & hygiene accessories-airopure-95-air.jpg

The Air-o-Pure 95 Air Purifier is equipped with an Active Carbon HEPA filter and UV-C light. It is claimed to improve air quality by removing volatile organic compounds, viruses and bacteria. It also filters out smoke. The air purifier is designed to fit in the cup holder.

Tata launches health & hygiene accessories-airopure-95-air1.jpg

The Air-o-Pure 95 Air Filter is designed to filter out bacteria and viruses of up to 0.3 microns and is claimed to improve cabin air quality. The filter can be installed in the Nexon and Harrier. It will be introduced in other models later.

Tata launches health & hygiene accessories-airopure-95-air-2.jpg

The Health-Pro Sanitization Kit includes a hand sanitizer, N95 masks, hand gloves, safety touch key, tissue box, mist diffuser and a Driving Kit with covers for the steering wheel, handbrake, gear knob and seats.

Tata launches health & hygiene accessories-health-pro-sanitization-kit.jpg

Tata Motors is also offering vehicle air and surface disinfection service. It uses ozone to rid the air of any harmful bacteria or viruses. The system is kept in a closed car for 20 minutes to disinfect the cabin. The carmaker is also offering separator films that create a barrier between the front and rear passengers.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 09:48   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata launches health & hygiene accessories

A good option. Although I think as much as it does a value addition, it also reminds that they missed adding the air purifier in the cars during face-lift launches. Something they really could have done. Appears especially a big miss since Sonet, Venue, Seltos, Creta all new launches are starting to include air purifiers in cabin.

I wonder how this cylindrical air purifier is going to be powered. I hope no ugly wire hanging to 12V socket. A better power integration would be must. In my Nexon, I use an Ansio purifier placed in the rear parcel tray & powered using the very conveniently placed 12V socket behind the rear seats (just like it was in the Vista too).

Link : Amazon.in Ansio Cabin air purifier

I find this placement far better since it doesn't use up a cup holder or create any obstruction in driving or movements for driver.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 11:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

Any idea from where we can purchase and how much it costs?
Old 10th August 2020, 12:51   #4

I have been trying to procure the OEM accessories of Tata online, but could not find any. Most of the Dealership don't have accessory shop or I am not aware of.

Now, I am searching for the list of OEM accessory shop where I can visit and get them.
Old 10th August 2020, 18:51   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
A good option. Although I think as much as it does a value addition, it also reminds that they missed adding the air purifier in the cars during face-lift launches. Something they really could have done. Appears especially a big miss since Sonet, Venue, Seltos, Creta all new launches are starting to include air purifiers in cabin.

I wonder how this cylindrical air purifier is going to be powered. I hope no ugly wire hanging to 12V socket. A better power integration would be must. In my Nexon, I use an Ansio purifier placed in the rear parcel tray & powered using the very conveniently placed 12V socket behind the rear seats
+1 for the missed opportunity for Tata to launch a better integrated in-built air purifier in the BS6 facelifts.

What stumps me even more is that the air purifier they launched now as an accessory seems to be a cup-holder mounted one. In the Nexon there are no "open" cup-holders - the two in the front console are covered by the shutter which means if we mount this one there the shutter needs to be always open! Not to mention the open wires from the 12V winding around the gear lever and mode selector dial. Not sure if other cars in the Tata stable have open cup-holders which can be used for this design.

I think they should have a launched the air purifier in the horizontal form factor too which could be mounted on the rear parcel tray for the Nexon. Second miss!

@Reinhard: How is the performance of the Ansio air purifier? Does the air purifier turn on automatically upon car ignition? Or does it have an app based interface for control?
colonelK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 00:38   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelK View Post
@Reinhard: How is the performance of the Ansio air purifier? Does the air purifier turn on automatically upon car ignition? Or does it have an app based interface for control?
I find it very good. Not a spec of dust ever in car, nor any odour. Works very well and their customer service is good too. It turns on automatically when it gets power. Since I've connected it into 12V socket, it powers up upon ignition/in ACC mode. Simple.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 07:23   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Any idea from where we can purchase
Tata dealerships. The Press Release says:

Quote:
All these will be offered as Tata Motors Genuine Accessories and will be available across the Tata Motors outlets in the country.
Would be great if manufacturers open "brand stores" on Amazon (see example page). Everyone has an Amazon account and they have the best shipping + logistics in the country.

Last edited by GTO : 11th August 2020 at 10:11.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 19:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

Safety Bubbles at Tata Motors , ensuring safety of cars during the pandemic situations.

Tata launches health & hygiene accessories-20201129_190955.jpg

Tata launches health & hygiene accessories-20201129_190958.jpg

Tata launches health & hygiene accessories-20201129_191000.jpg

Tata launches health & hygiene accessories-20201129_190953.jpg

https://twitter.com/TataMotors_Cars/...491525121?s=19
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed