Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2020, 16:40   #121
BHPian

re: Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldchamp 2019 View Post
Great choice! I have a year old Radiant red Jazz and it looks beautiful after its washed. Enjoy it! Send us pics when you get the car.
Thanks a lot! I’ve always wanted to put up an ownership thread on here so perhaps I’ll try to do that

And it’s a relief to hear that the colour looks beautiful on the car. Not many takers for a bright shade around here so I was a bit concerned about it looking too wacky for Indian society
Old 25th August 2020, 16:56   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsnare24 View Post
Thanks a lot! I’ve always wanted to put up an ownership thread on here so perhaps I’ll try to do that

And it’s a relief to hear that the colour looks beautiful on the car. Not many takers for a bright shade around here so I was a bit concerned about it looking too wacky for Indian society
That's the beauty of it. Not many go in for the red colour so it stands out quite a bit. After I bought it a year ago, I have literally see 3 other radiant red cars on the road. The metallic flecks are so much more visible in the sun. Looks awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
And we thought nobody can challenge Maruti on the feature set in brochures!!!

Move on Maruti, the new KING with a chrome RING on the STEERING has come with a Jack knife to smash your brochures to smithereens!!!

Game ON...

Well said Headbanger. Well said. Let me join you

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsnare24 View Post
I prebooked the BS6 2020 Honda Jazz a few days after it opened. As informed by my dealer (Solitaire Honda Borivali) the launch will be on 26th August. It will be offered in 3 variants:

Attachment 2047079

Attachment 2047080

Attachment 2047081

Attachment 2047082

I’m from Mumbai, so the on road prices offered tentatively were 10L, 11L, and 11.5L respectively.

After reading reviews from Blackasta, GKM sir and a host of others here, I’ve decided to go for the CVT as it best suits my driving style. It’s the first car in my family, and since the ladies wanted a sunroof, I’ll be going for the top ZX trim despite the premium.

Hope this helps!
Are they at least offering new colours??

Last edited by moralfibre : 25th August 2020 at 17:43. Reason: Back to back posts.
Worldchamp 2019 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 21:22   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John316_WRC View Post
I hope we have a few petrol manual owners here.
Asking for a friend:
- what is the city mileage of the Petrol MT?
- what is the highway mileage (90-110km/hr)?

Real life & unbiased figures please.
A Jazz owner since 2015, my take on the real time figure for City driving is, whatever you do, FE is not going north of 14.5. I got a max of 14.3 when the MID was showing close to 14.9. Add a bit of aggression, you are gonna see 11-12.5 kmpl very easily.
On the highway, cruising at 100-110 kmph, it stays close to 18.xx whereas the MID displays 19+.
On a mixed basis, the car will give you 17+ with full AC, kept at 26 degrees.
However, do not assume it to be the ideal case, in bumper to bumper traffic, my guess is not more than 11 kmpl.
Aish_4761 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 22:11   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John316_WRC View Post
I hope we have a few petrol manual owners here.
Asking for a friend:
- what is the city mileage of the Petrol MT?
- what is the highway mileage (90-110km/hr)?

Real life & unbiased figures please.
I get around 13-14 kmpl in city with A/C on 70-80% of the time in Hyderabad. Highways, I drive in same range of 90-110, and I have got around 16-16.5 kmpl in my drives to Bangalore
sanchari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 11:54   #125
BHPian

4. And the "The new Jazz" sticker...Hope it isn't confined to demo/TD cars so that customers get one more 'new' thing...

Old 26th August 2020, 12:26   #126
BHPian

The new Honda Jazz page has been updated with more details - https://www.hondacarindia.com/honda-jazz

It is now showing available colour options, has a link to the brochure and so on. Here's a picture of the available colours. The pricing is yet to be out, here's hoping they don't go overboard.

Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs-jazz-colours.png
RoadMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 12:36   #127
Senior - BHPian

Honda Jazz BS6 revealed in new video

Honda is gearing up to launch the updated Jazz in the Indian market. Ahead of the launch, the carmaker has released a new video that reveals all the exterior and interior changes made to the car.

Jazz BS6 gets minor changes to the exterior. The car comes with a new gloss black grille with chrome trims, LED headlights, LED tail lights and LED fog lamps, as well as redesigned front and rear bumpers.

The Jazz will be offered in three variants - V, VX and ZX. The car gets dual-tone interiors with a touchscreen infotainment head-unit. It comes with features such as one-touch electric sunroof, cruise control, Smart Entry and engine start / stop button in both Manual and CVT variants. The latter also gets paddle shifters.

The Jazz is powered by a BS6-compliant 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine. The engine will be offered with either a manual or continuously variable transmission (CVT).

Pre-bookings for the Jazz are open. Customers can place their orders at the dealerships by paying a sum of Rs. 21,000 while online bookings can be made with an amount of Rs. 5,000.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 26th August 2020 at 12:56.
Old 26th August 2020, 12:46   #128
Senior - BHPian

Honda has launched the updated Jazz, with prices starting at Rs 7.50 lakh. Apart from subtle cosmetic tweaks and some new features, the hatchback gains a BS6-compliant petrol engine with this update. The BS6 Jazz is a petrol-only model and is available in three variants – V, VX and an all-new ZX trim.

Source - ACI
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs-honda.jpg  

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 26th August 2020 at 12:48.
RM Motorsports is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 12:52   #129

Honda Jazz BS6 Prices revealed

MT Variants (Ex showroom prices)

V - INR 7.5L
VX - INR 8.1L
ZX - INR 8.74L

CVT Variants

V- INR 8.5L
VX- INR 9.1L
ZX - INR 9.74L

Source: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...50-lakh-418403

Last edited by Parts007 : 26th August 2020 at 13:00.
Parts007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 13:09   #130
BHPian

A lot of people in this thread have earlier expressed hope for price correct by Honda, well, their wishes went unheard. The prices for V and VX variant seem to have largely been kept the same, with ZX commanding a significant premium. To add insult to the injury, they seem to have removed the fog lamps on V and VX in favour of a DRL. That doesn't seem to sit well with me, fog lamps surely have more utility than a DRL, no? Could we possibly fit fog lamps in place of DRLs? Doesn't seem like it can be done from the design of it.
RoadMonkey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 14:00   #131
BHPian

Currently from the segment, my current pick would be Jazz, while its my second or third choice (compromise/settlement) from the segment.
  • I love the Figo but Jazz is definitely plusher and spacious on the inside.
  • Altroz is attractive but the engine is not
  • Baleno is too light build
  • i20 currently on sale is old enough and newer one is underway. This version of Jazz will stay for sometime.

But then, the pricing kills everything. Its in Ecosport-Nexon-Rapid category with although reliable but an engine for which about 8-9 Lacs on road would have been a justified price on road perhaps but not 10+.

I badly wished Jazz sales to pick up because its a competent product.

Hope the JackKnife key, Chrome ring on steering controls are the features well worth its premium pricing
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 14:12   #132
BHPian

The pricing is disappointing - in times when one can buy a Rapid Tsi for 7.49L ex showroom Bangalore, why should someone look at Jazz from a value perspective?

They should have at least given the 1.5 petrol from City.
Arjun Bharadwaj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 14:25   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
A lot of people in this thread have earlier expressed hope for price correct by Honda, well, their wishes went unheard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Bharadwaj View Post
The pricing is disappointing - in times when one can buy a Rapid Tsi for 7.49L ex showroom Bangalore, why should someone look at Jazz from a value perspective?
Given the price of the Amaze, there wasn't any room for a price correction in Jazz, which is a superior product comparatively (of course, I am disappointed nevertheless). Instead of the 1.5 being suggested, I'd say they should bring in their 1.0 tsi. Without the tax advantage the 1.5 will make it ridiculously high priced. What's really disappointing is that they haven't done anything at all to justify this break of 4 months.
Old 26th August 2020, 14:57   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
[b]Honda Jazz BS6 revealed in new video[/B
Thanks for the video.

So Wow, My 2015 model Jazz is not getting old and its going to be hard for the not so trained eyes to differentiate the All New Jazz and the version I have. Clean, polish, put a plastic sheet on the back seat and tie a ribbon, you have the all new Jazz. Neighbors envy, unless you have a bhpian

IMHO, companies has to learn from Honda on how to spend few hundred bucks to generate an all new version. The only tough job they had is to insert a chrome ring around the steering controls. Rest is from the left over stock of the previous gen city. I'm relieved.

Premium Pricing as always and Honda never disappoints us here.

Strong advice for the buyers, go get the Nexon.

Last edited by saisree : 26th August 2020 at 15:08.
saisree is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 15:11   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Given the price of the Amaze, there wasn't any room for a price correction in Jazz, which is a superior product comparatively (of course, I am disappointed nevertheless). Instead of the 1.5 being suggested, I'd say they should bring in their 1.0 tsi. Without the tax advantage the 1.5 will make it ridiculously high priced. What's really disappointing is that they haven't done anything at all to justify this break of 4 months.
You bring up a good point regarding tax brackets based on the engine capacity, as stupid as they are, companies cannot ignore that. Similarly, unless Honda localises the engine, importing it would carry significant cost. For them to localise it, they've to feel they need it in large numbers for other cars or some kind of Honda 2.0 strategy to grow in India. That doesn't seem to be on the cards for Honda.

Too bad, Honda's offerings are just my kind of thing, almost in every segment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks