Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2020, 00:30   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs

Does Honda plan to plan the launch the next gen Jazz in India? They're pulling the Jazz out from the USA & Canada market.

The Jazz (and the Yaris too) are examples of how not sell a car in India - Over priced, under-equipped, and with a restricted engine + Transmission choices.

The Kia Seltos is the exact opposite:
1. Has a variant for for almost any budget
2. Tons of features
3. Wide variety of engine + transmission combinations
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
With all due respect, the target customer for the Jazz is the one who values unmatched interior space, comfort, the legendary Honda reliability & fuss free ownership. It is literally a *Fill it. Shut it. Forget it.* vehicle.
I know a dozen people who bought a Baleno over a Jazz. No one is unhappy with the car.

I can bet my money that a Jazz will be more reliable than a Baleno over 150k km, but then again who drives that much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Jazz sold less cars in the entire year (9,512 units in full year 2019) compared to what Baleno & i20 does in an average month!
Wow. That is a sad number for a car with incredible potential.
landcruiser123 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 01:05   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Getting a mileage of 20 from a 1 ton petrol automatic car is indeed marvelous engineering from Honda. Attaching odo pics from my usual weekly trip Trivandrum-Kollam-Trivandrum. My car has completed 42k in 3 years.
I have a manual with over 160K KM's. Still tension free and easily hit 20 on highways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
I can bet my money that a Jazz will be more reliable than a Baleno over 150k km, but then again who drives that much?:
Some poor little souls like me. Not everyone is into "lets change a car every 2 -3 years".
sunnsood is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 02:12   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
The sheer bloody-mindedness of Honda in never offering a fully loaded Jazz in India (magic seats and all) powered by the 1.5L petrol motor remains a pet peeve of mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsood View Post
I am looking to upgrade Jazz for my wife and new City for myself (if hybrid is launched). As for new version, I will only get one which was launched in Japan recently. Till then I will wait and hope they arrive in 2021.
I couldn't agree more. The 2020 Jazz has grown on me and I would love for it to make it to our shores. The e:HEV Hybrid powertrain sounds extremely enticing and just look at those interiors! I particularly love the view out of the windscreen. Add in the sunroof and this would be such a great option to consider. Sadly we can only dream about it for the time-being.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Jazz-Hybrid-Brochure.pdf (12.65 MB, 717 views)

Last edited by aah78 : 13th August 2020 at 03:29. Reason: Quotes trimmed.
Anjadekar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 16:37   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.iyer95 View Post
No offense, but such a customer can very well buy a Baleno/Glanza and call it a day. The Baleno delivers all the mentioned qualities and maybe some more, at a lower price point. I don't see anything that the Jazz offers over the Baleno to command a premium, except for that sunroof. It has no proven safety rating (India-spec), does not have a segment-leading feature list and the engine is no scorcher either.
With all due respect, good sir, I disagree with Baleno being a fuss free ownership experience, that is if you fuss over the safety of the ones you love. I happen to be owner of a 2017 Baleno and I'm looking to switch it with a car, even if of a lower segment, because of the safety reasons.
Old 13th August 2020, 17:25   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
With all due respect, good sir, I disagree with Baleno being a fuss free ownership experience, that is if you fuss over the safety of the ones you love. I happen to be owner of a 2017 Baleno and I'm looking to switch it with a car, even if of a lower segment, because of the safety reasons.
Buddy, the only point that I wanted to put forth was that the Baleno is not too far behind the Jazz in terms of powertrain reliability, space and practicality. Perhaps I should have substantiated my opinion in a better way.

If safety is the area of prime concern, then you shouldn't be looking at the Baleno or even the Jazz sold here, for that matter. The Tata Altroz and the VW Polo are the only India-spec premium hatchbacks that have proven solid NCAP ratings. The Jazz and the Baleno scored 5 and 4 stars respectively in the Euro NCAP test, but we don't know whether the India-spec cars can replicate those scores. And as many experts have already pointed out in the forum, sheet metal thickness and light-feeling body panels cannot be considered as the only factors to gauge a car's safety aspects. The Brezza pleasantly surprised us with a decent 4-Star rating and so did the Toyota Etios. Yes, I do understand that a visibly heavier build gives a reassuring sense of safety and security, but unless all these cars sold here are assessed by NCAP, we can only pray that nothing unfortunate happens. And I'm not supporting MSIL here in any way, as well; they deserve criticism as the NCAP results of some of their popular hatchbacks sold here have not been encouraging at all, despite all the buzz about the Heartect platform being safe while being light, and what not!

Cheers!

Last edited by ram.iyer95 : 13th August 2020 at 17:28.
ram.iyer95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 18:25   #66
BHPian

Quote:
If safety is the area of prime concern, then you shouldn't be looking at the Baleno or even the Jazz sold here, for that matter. The Tata Altroz and the VW Polo are the only India-spec premium hatchbacks that have proven solid NCAP ratings. The Jazz and the Baleno scored 5 and 4 stars respectively in the Euro NCAP test, but we don't know whether the India-spec cars can replicate those scores. And as many experts have already pointed out in the forum, sheet metal thickness and light-feeling body panels cannot be considered as the only factors to gauge a car's safety aspects.

Cheers!
Fair enough, I considered those options but the concerns you have regarding Jazz's safety rating are equally valid for the VW Polo, it only feels heavy, we don't know the NCAP rating of the India-spec model. The Jazz's chassis is at least newer than the Polo, and therefore would be more up to date on modern safety standards. Yes, I'm aware sheet metal thickness isn't the only metric, or rather, even all that important.

As for Altroz, I'd buy that without a thought if only it had a reliable automatic option. Automation is not something I can compromise on. India made Africa-spec Amaze scored 4 stars in the Global NCAP, I'd think it's reasonable to assume Jazz would score just as well, if not more. The reliability and fuss free nature of ownership of a Honda has already been mentioned, so it combines all of that with better safety than MSIL. The reliability of their respective CVTs has also been mentioned.

I also have the unfortunate luck of living in remote areas, VW ASS in ~100km radius is a pipe dream for me.
RoadMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 18:36   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
Fair enough, I considered those options but the concerns you have regarding Jazz's safety rating are equally valid for the VW Polo, it only feels heavy, we don't know the NCAP rating of the India-spec model.
We do have the official Global NCAP ratings available for the India-spec VW Polo, please look it up in the Global NCAP website under the 'Safer Cars For India' section. It was assessed in 2014. The version with no airbags scored zero stars as expected, and the one with dual airbags secured a 4-Star rating for adult occupants and a 3-Star for child occupants. The body shell was also rated as stable.
ram.iyer95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 19:00   #68
BHPian

Quote:
We do have the official Global NCAP ratings available for the India-spec VW Polo, please look it up in the Global NCAP website under the 'Safer Cars For India' section. It was assessed in 2014. ...the one with dual airbags secured a 4-Star rating for adult occupants and a 3-Star for child occupants. The body shell was also rated as stable.
Exactly http://www.globalncap.org/volkswagen...r-star-rating/

Not to mention that Volkswagen later made dual airbags as a standard feature across their variant lineup (means the base variant got it) with an increased price of about Rs20,000+ (if my memory is right). Unfortunately, Indian's didn't really care that much for safety at the time.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 19:03   #69
BHPian

Quote:
We do have the official Global NCAP ratings available for the India-spec VW Polo, please look it up in the Global NCAP website under the 'Safer Cars For India' section. It was assessed in 2014. The version with no airbags scored zero stars as expected, and the one with dual airbags secured a 4-Star rating for adult occupants and a 3-Star for child occupants. The body shell was also rated as stable.
Thank you, I was not aware of this. Polo remains a very desirable yet elusive option for me. Besides, the car's going to be for long-distance travel for 3, and the Polo is infamous for cramped rear legroom. Jazz is the best all round option for families.
RoadMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 01:22   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Jazz CVT ... the body panels are not that great
Can you please elaborate on this?
I am of the mind that the build quality of Jazz is better than Baleno and at par with Elite i20.
I ask because I am looking to get a pre-owned Jazz - manual.

The images of the BS6 Jazz seem to intentionally hide the lower rear i.e. bumper of the car. I wonder what surprise awaits us there?

Are the turn indicators at the inside edge of the headlamps LED too?

I think the BS6 Jazz looks stunning. I like the balance between the Black and Chrome at the front.
Might I get a pre-owned one and replace the front fascia?
Old 14th August 2020, 02:52   #71
BHPian

I wonder how Jazz petrol compares against Altroz in its performance. I think Jazz wont be that far behind safety but I think price is going to be a bigger factor here as Altroz offers similar space for a bit of scoring low on NVH.
Old 14th August 2020, 05:12   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onEdge View Post
Can you please elaborate on this?
I am of the mind that the build quality of Jazz is better than Baleno and at par with Elite i20.
I ask because I am looking to get a pre-owned Jazz - manual.
It is not at par with i-20, Rapid, Polo etc. I checked with Honda regarding this and they mentioned the panels are designed to consider pedestrian safety. After getting a 2 layer damping the doors have become hard as a Skoda . The previous gen Jazz had a better build quality
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 20:11   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Jazz BS6 (will be offered in petrol variants only) reaches dealerships!

Quote:
Honda already started accepting bookings for the Jazz facelift via their online website as well as via their authorized dealers. Via online, booking amount is Rs 5,000. At dealership, amount is Rs 21,000.

Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs-2020hondajazzfaceliftdealershowroom5.jpg

Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs-2020hondajazzfaceliftdealershowroom1600x338.jpg

Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs-2020hondajazzfaceliftdealershowroom2.jpg

Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs-2020hondajazzfaceliftdealershowroom3.jpg

Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs-2020hondajazzfaceliftdealershowroom4.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd August 2020 at 20:17.
volkman10 is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 00:33   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda Jazz BS6 (will be offered in petrol variants only) reaches dealerships!

Attachment 2046234
Is it just me or does the front-end of this Jazz look pretty much like the 4th-gen Honda City? Seems like Honda didn't even bother changing the grille and has pretty much lost any creativity with facelifts . It's not that I don't like the design, instead it looks so much better than the older Jazz with a much sleeker front-end but come on Honda! A few differentiators would've been great.

Last edited by akash_v12 : 23rd August 2020 at 00:35.
akash_v12 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 01:18   #75
BHPian

I hope we have a few petrol manual owners here.
Asking for a friend:
- what is the city mileage of the Petrol MT?
- what is the highway mileage (90-110km/hr)?

Real life & unbiased figures please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks