Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2020, 12:05   #91
BHPian

re: Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs

On FE part,

I am a sedate driver 98% of time (40-60 KMPH), that slow. Jazz CVT has further helped my cause.

For the first six months I was getting higher single digit FE numbers. Post the six months/10K KM service and an oil change. I am consistently getting around 14 KMPL.

The above numbers are for the current scenario of reduced traffic due to the lock-down and AC on a 100% of the time (I am hell bent on keeping the indoors as clean and dust free as possible)

Not too inclined towards eking out more FE, slow driving is my thing. Due to the lock-down since March couldn't taken the car out of the town. I am assuming the highway cruising can only add to the FE numbers minus some places like ghats and tolls helping to average out the FE numbers.

Honestly, couldn't as for more.
Ritzvxi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 12:22   #92
BHPian

I prebooked the BS6 2020 Honda Jazz a few days after it opened. As informed by my dealer (Solitaire Honda Borivali) the launch will be on 26th August. It will be offered in 3 variants:

Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs-1.jpg

Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs-2.jpg

Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs-3.jpg

Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs-4.jpg

I’m from Mumbai, so the on road prices offered tentatively were 10L, 11L, and 11.5L respectively.

After reading reviews from Blackasta, GKM sir and a host of others here, I’ve decided to go for the CVT as it best suits my driving style. It’s the first car in my family, and since the ladies wanted a sunroof, I’ll be going for the top ZX trim despite the premium.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Aditya : 24th August 2020 at 15:28. Reason: Watermarking images
wolfsnare24 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 13:10   #93
BHPian

Honda has really done it with "Chrome ring on steering wheel controls", this addition is best missed a mention really. Mentioning it comes across as having nothing else worth mentioning. Looks poor for Honda and the Jazz, which otherwise has a lot going for it.

The premium for ZX seems reasonable, I might be tempted to go for it just for the headlamps and DRLs. They add to the front look of the Jazz which is already pretty slick.
RoadMonkey is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 13:31   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onEdge View Post
Is 11-12 kmpl accepted as good city average?

Also is this mileage as per car MID or tankful-to-tankful method?

Other threads boast Jazz Petrol hitting even 20kmpl on highways.

How about the case of other similar cars? are there similarly good cars with better real-world mileage?
During usual traffic era(pre-pandemic), I used to get 12-13kmpl in Bangalore(Hosur road and outer ring road) for office commute usage in the CVT. I consider it good as my previous car(Estilo) returned ~14kmpl on same route and time. Considering this is atleast 200kgs heavier (and ofcourse much safer) , having a bigger engine (estilo was 3cyl 1L), way more feature loaded I couldn't ask for more on efficiency front.

On Highways I have got 19-20kmpl often when driven sedately (80-90kmph) with cruise control on. This is on Bangalore Krishnagiri/Chennai highway which has excellent tarmac. On same route when I did some spirited runs with triple digit speeds using paddle shifters it did come down to 16kmpl. So it all depends on your right foot.

All these drives are with ACC set to 22-24 degrees 100% of time. And measured tankful to tankful manually. MID is optimistic by around 1kmpl usually. Mine is a 2019 VX CVT with 10,500kms on the odo.

Last edited by SoumenD : 24th August 2020 at 13:58.
SoumenD is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 13:52   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Don't beat me here, but what's new here? I really don't see much new here. Almost all same. One more flop from Honda. I don't see any reason why someone buy's Jazz in current sub 4 meter SUV market where Nexon, Brezza, Venue etc are ruling. Waste of a effort from Honda.
Well the Nexon automatic is an AMT.
The Brezza has Maruti level safety and a 4 speed auto.
The Venue is really really cramped on the inside. Comparable to an i10 rather than an i20.
The Jazz is just a perfect mix of large, refined, comfortable and reliable. There is no real competition that meets all these requirements as well as the Jazz.
autounion is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 14:54   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsnare24 View Post
I’m from Mumbai, so the on road prices offered tentatively were 10L, 11L, and 11.5L respectively.
Welcome to the forum! I suppose the prices you have quoted are for the CVT. Could you share any more information, if you have - is this introductory pricing? do you know the cost split up? Earlier they used to throw in an extended warranty free, any such offers now? What is this dual mode paddle shift (eco/sport)? Is the tyre size still 175?

I was keen on two updates on the Jazz - adjustable headrests, and a service interval of 1yr/10000 km. They have disappointed me on the first one, hope the second one is corrected. Any idea?
Old 24th August 2020, 15:09   #97
BHPian

Hi, thanks for the welcome!

In terms of cost, I’ve not had a detailed discussion yet because the official pricing is yet to be released by Honda apparently. The prebooking amount is refundable, so I decided to have a good feel of the car vis a vis TDing, and only think about moving forward if I’m happy with the experience.

Unfortunately the car is still effectively under-powered and consequently under-tired, as is visible in the leaked photos of the car that arrived at dealerships a couple days back.

As far as I know, the dual paddle shifters are the same one as in the 2018 facelift version, with downshift on the left and upshift on the right.

Can’t confirm about the service interval, but looking at the new WRV released a few weeks back, I expect it to be the same 6 month period.
wolfsnare24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 16:17   #98
BHPian

"Chrome ring on the steering wheel" Really Honda? I own a 2019 Jazz vx CVT and I love Honda cars. But this is just ridiculous. The extra chrome bar on the front looks tacky to me. So I guess their strategy is to sell the least number of cars in this segment. Great work Honda. .
Worldchamp 2019 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 16:58   #99
BHPian

In what way is this a facelift? Am not able to make out any difference from the BS4 variant. TeamBHP should change the title in home page from "Honda Jazz facelift caught!" to "Honda Jazz BS6 models reach dealerships"!

While addition of LED headlights and a sunroof is a welcome move, Honda could have done something more to spruce up the Jazz. Considering it is a "premium" offering which is not doing much in terms of numbers anyways, Honda could have at least brought back those magic seats to make it a real differentiator. Honda could also use this BS6 launch to do a price correction for Jazz, but Honda being a Honda, I seriously doubt.

I don't think there will be much buzz generated for this model and anything done too will die soon.
vshankarhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 17:24   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsnare24 View Post
It will be offered in 3 variants:

I’ll be going for the top ZX trim despite the premium.

Hope this helps!
congrats on your booking. I always support going for the top trim in the lineup, keeps you interested in the car much longer.

So feature wise the 2020 VX has nothing over the 2018 VX. I am quite ok with the regular non chrome steering controls, the non flush fitting parking sensors, and a hard passenger side dashboard. Smartkey / push button start / cruise control were already there in the VX CVT trim.

In fact, looking at the DRL positioning, it looks like the fog lights shall be missing from V / VX. So in that respect, my car has both fogs and DRLs !
Old 24th August 2020, 18:25   #101
BHPian

Quote:
So feature wise the 2020 VX has nothing over the 2018 VX.
Very true. I think by offering the sunroof on the top trim only, Honda’s trying to push a good chunk of its customers into the ZX budget, so for most people considering to buy the facelifted 2020 Jazz, unless you find zero charm in a sunroof, you’ll go for the ZX.
wolfsnare24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 19:03   #102
BHPian

Thank you everyone for your response on the Fuel efficiency query! Very helpful info indeed.

Here are my thoughts, and I'm talking only about the Petrol Manual. I feel it is priced too high. Pricing is too close to the S-Cross, and it would provide an overall better buy for enthusiastic drivers with the punchy 1.5 motor.

Honda is giving it's own products a slow, prolonged death.
I've given up hoping for the 1.5 iVTEC in the Jazz/WRV.
John316_WRC is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 20:03   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autounion View Post
Well the Nexon automatic is an AMT.
The Brezza has Maruti level safety and a 4 speed auto.
The Venue is really really cramped on the inside. Comparable to an i10 rather than an i20.
The Jazz is just a perfect mix of large, refined, comfortable and reliable. There is no real competition that meets all these requirements as well as the Jazz.
Perfect mix but people not liking it, don't want it, so what's the use then? Currently people wants SUV styling which Jazz don't have. It just looks bigger hatchback, nothing else. People don't want that, that's why it never sold in good numbers for past 10+ years. See numbers of Brezza, Nexon, Venue and you will realize what i am saying.

After all, one should sell what is selling in market, what is in demand. We all know New Jazz is not going to do well, not even average numbers. Then why waste efforts? Why keep some false hopes?

Last edited by aniketi : 24th August 2020 at 20:19.
aniketi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 20:30   #104
BHPian

So in the year where automobile sales have hugely been compromised, and all the spotlight is being taken by Thar 2.0, Creta 2020, Sonet, Honda's own City, and some remaining by Rapid, Honda decides to take the game several notches up by bringing a world class feature into their premium, competent yet pricey hatchback that will make its higher price point definitely justified. 'Chrome Ring on Steering Wheel controls'!

Seriously Honda? You aim at getting more sales for your car with that? This is your contingency plan to not let Sonet eat into your Jazz/WR-V sales?

This is a total meme-worthy material, and that too promoting it heavily on the list of features should be a punishable offence in itself. But then there already have been other two and four wheeler manufacturers getting away with promoting 'Stylish graphics' as features, Honda shouldn't be the one to be blamed solely.

This should be a case study in itself on how to screw a really really capable and 'FIT' product (pun intended) royally, right from the first generation itself.
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 21:29   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
'Chrome Ring on Steering Wheel controls'!

This should be a case study in itself on how to screw a really really capable and 'FIT' product (pun intended) royally, right from the first generation itself.
Don't forget the jackknife key.

Or the flush fit parking sensors double

Honda and Toyota are Champs outside the Indian market and chumps inside it.
Stribog is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed