Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2020, 21:30   #106
BHPian

re: Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs

Looks cartoonish, like one of the earlier versions of the Amaze. The best strategy was to have just left it alone. Doesn't look VFM at all :( big thumbs down from my side!
Old 24th August 2020, 22:45   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsnare24 View Post
I prebooked the BS6 2020 Honda Jazz a few days after it opened. As informed by my dealer (Solitaire Honda Borivali) the launch will be on 26th August. It will be offered in 3 variants:
Chrome ring on steering wheel, Jack knife retractable key, flush fit rear parking sensors!! Eat it competition!!! This is all that's required to sit back and relax Honda! I am sure sales are going to go through the roof!! Well done!

Last edited by vinair : 24th August 2020 at 22:47.
vinair is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 00:22   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autounion View Post
Well the Nexon automatic is an AMT.
The Brezza has Maruti level safety and a 4 speed auto.
The Venue is really really cramped on the inside. Comparable to an i10 rather than an i20.
The Jazz is just a perfect mix of large, refined, comfortable and reliable. There is no real competition that meets all these requirements as well as the Jazz.
The Jazz had me second guessing if I wanted a midsize suv at all when I sat in one. The only reason I didn't go for the Jazz was I needed a bigger boot for office and personal work.

None of the compact SUVs can match the space utilization of the Jazz especially for the rear passengers.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 00:28   #109
BHPian

I was in the market for a capable 3rd car ... auto with bells and whistles and sunroof was my criterion. Zoomed in on Jazz / Sonnet / Seltos. Budget no bar.
after reviewing all of the ones, it looks quite evident that I should rule out Jazz for the lack-lustre offering. waiting for the Sonnet test drive to see if it fits, else looks like I will have to shell out 20 big ones and go for the Seltos ...
the alternative is to wait for the PHEV version of the Jeep Compass or stretch budget to XC40 ...
Old 25th August 2020, 00:59   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Chrome ring on steering wheel, Jack knife retractable key, flush fit rear parking sensors!! Eat it competition!!!
And we thought nobody can challenge Maruti on the feature set in brochures!!!

Move on Maruti, the new KING with a chrome RING on the STEERING has come with a Jack knife to smash your brochures to smithereens!!!

Game ON...
headbanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 01:01   #111
BHPian

Quote:
I’ll be going for the top ZX trim despite the premium.

Hope this helps!
Good Choice your family will love the car. Will be reliable and maintenance free. Enjoy the drive.
Old 25th August 2020, 01:11   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
...I was keen on two updates on the Jazz - adjustable headrests, and a service interval of 1yr/10000 km. They have disappointed me on the first one, hope the second one is corrected. Any idea?
As far as I am aware service interval was already 1yr/10k km. I guess, only Tata is still continuing with 6-month interval. And, regarding those rear headrests, it's really disappointing that you get sunroof, LED lighting, but not even usable headrests (forget adjustable).
Old 25th August 2020, 01:13   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Don't beat me here, but what's new here?
1. Jack knife retractable key
2. Flush fitting parking sensors
3. Chrome ring on steering....
4. And the "The new Jazz" sticker...Hope it isn't confined to demo/TD cars so that customers get one more 'new' thing...

Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs-2020hondajazzfaceliftdealershowroom1600x338-1.jpg

Sunroof is the only tangible addition and it's the only reason to pick this among competition.

Good that they are going down the market share ladder.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 25th August 2020 at 01:24.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 01:25   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
...Currently people wants SUV styling which Jazz don't have. It just looks bigger hatchback, nothing else...
Don't they have WRV to cater to those looking for the SUV form? You got it right - Jazz is bigger hatchback. There are people who prefer a spacious hatchback over a sub-4m SUV. Maruti, Hyundai too have Baleno and i-20 for this section of buyers. I also feel that Jazz is more VFM compared to WRV (if I recall correctly, Jazz used to cost almost 2 lakhs less)
k_kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 02:38   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_kumar View Post
As far as I am aware service interval was already 1yr/10k km. I guess, only Tata is still continuing with 6-month interval.
I stand corrected - service interval was 6-month indeed (though 10k km). Maintenance schedule can be checked using this link - https://www.hondacarindia.com/honda-...ic-maintenance.
k_kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 10:00   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Good Choice your family will love the car. Will be reliable and maintenance free. Enjoy the drive.
Thanks a lot! Had this facelift not been scheduled, I’d have gone for the earlier model itself. I want a hassle free ownership experience, especially for my first car, and despite the features not being on par with the competition, my marriage here will be to the overall city driving and ownership experience day in and day out, the bling is to me is nothing but a fancy wedding that is bound to lose it’s charm a few months down the line.
wolfsnare24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 13:44   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot! Had this facelift not been scheduled, I’d have gone for the earlier model itself. I want a hassle free ownership experience, especially for my first car, and despite the features not being on par with the competition, my marriage here will be to the overall city driving and ownership experience day in and day out, the bling is to me is nothing but a fancy wedding that is bound to lose it’s charm a few months down the line.
Completely agree with you. The Jazz is the best small car in the market sadly people swayed by the bling and features as you mention. Honda has skimped by not adding 6 airbags, 1.5 engine, and a magic seats but for a person looking for a small reliable practical car i think its the Jazz and nothing else. Even after 10 years the car if maintained properly will still feel better to drive, look at and maintain than the counterparts tin cans. Enjoy. Which colour are you getting ? do share pictures when you get it.
M00M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 13:52   #118
BHPian

Really Honda, can you expect customers will gulp your dollops with these changes ?

The "oomf" factors of this car - versatility, space, and brand value which are getting killed by an relatively anemic 1.2 litre engine. This engine is a misfit for this car given the potentiality.

Come on Honda, anyway you are not able to sell this car in its current iteration, so why don't you take a step forward and put that famed 1.5 iVtec inside.

It would be a niche product then and at least you can find some enthusiastic buyers despite few grand increase in price.

And I am not talking something out of the box even!
Subby is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 13:56   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Even after 10 years the car if maintained properly will still feel better to drive, look at and maintain than the counterparts tin cans. Enjoy. Which colour are you getting ? do share pictures when you get it.
Exactly The deal with my family was that while I pick the car, the exclusive colour choosing rights go to my younger sister. She’s picked the Radiant Red shade, because she found all the others boring

Besides, I’m also of the opinion that the roads are a bit oversaturated with greys and whites as of now, so looking at my brand new shiny red car, childish as that might be, will definitely lift my mood.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th August 2020 at 17:04. Reason: Please restrict usage to smileys to 2 per post
Old 25th August 2020, 14:53   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly The deal with my family was that while I pick the car, the exclusive colour choosing rights go to my younger sister. She’s picked the Radiant Red shade, because she found all the others boring

Besides, I’m also of the opinion that the roads are a bit oversaturated with greys and whites as of now, so looking at my brand new shiny red car, childish as that might be, will definitely lift my mood.
Great choice! I have a year old Radiant red Jazz and it looks beautiful after its washed. Enjoy it! Send us pics when you get the car.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th August 2020 at 17:04. Reason: Quoted text edited

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks