Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2020, 15:24   #136
KPR
BANNED

re: Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs

Isn't Jazz offered in BS6 Diesel variants? WRV is being offered. Why not Jazz? I may consider it with sunroof option for the real estate it offers. But no magic seats too. That's a big NO then.

Last edited by KPR : 26th August 2020 at 15:26.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 15:28   #137
Senior - BHPian

Just a note for prospective buyers: the top end still does not have proper full sized head-rests. This can be a safety issue for taller passengers.
And while the leg-room looks visibly more, the length of rear bench is short compared to other cars, that means poor under-thigh support.

I always had a problem with how Honda treats rear passengers as somewhat inferior. They haven't improved with this version too.
NiInJa is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 15:28   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Isn't Jazz offered in BS6 Diesel variants? WRV is being offered. Why not Jazz? I may consider it with sunroof option for the real estate it offers. Somebody tell me if BS6 has magic seats?
No Diesel and no magic seats for the BS6 Jazz I'm afraid. Most of the Jazz's sales were petrol, maybe that's the reason for diesel discontinuation. And my anecdotal experience says that quite a lot of WR-Vs on the road are Diesel. I remember reading in some other thread that the biggest selling model is VX CVT for Honda. Stands to reason, this is the best automatic offering in this segment.
RoadMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 15:32   #139
BHPian

I would say excellent pricing from Honda.
Compare for a moment to S-Cross and there is a definite value proposition.

Off course the diesel is missed by a lot of our forum members or a more powerful 1.5L Petrol mill perhaps but in the segment and price point, it’s now a good deal.
swarnava.ch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 15:40   #140
BHPian

Was it not possible for Honda to retune the engine and extract 8-10 horses more?
Old 26th August 2020, 15:40   #141
KPR
BANNED

Honda can better make and sell old City, new City. They can altogether stop bringing anything other than city instead of being lackadaisical to other products.

Last edited by KPR : 26th August 2020 at 15:42.
KPR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 16:35   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Just a note for prospective buyers: the top end still does not have proper full sized head-rests. This can be a safety issue for taller passengers.
And while the leg-room looks visibly more, the length of rear bench is short compared to other cars, that means poor under-thigh support.

I always had a problem with how Honda treats rear passengers as somewhat inferior. They haven't improved with this version too.
+1 to that. When we reviewed the Jazz before zeroing on the Polo GT TSI we saw that the rear seat was uncomfortable for our above average height family members because of the short seat.
Old 26th August 2020, 18:01   #143
BHPian

There is no mention of ISOFIX child seat anchorage or seat pretensioners with load limiter in the brochure. I was expecting this to be coming as a standard in this upgrade considering that Honda Amaze already has it. I believe these are crucial factors for a better Global NCAP rating and looks to me that Honda is not serious about this aspect for the Jazz.
Old 26th August 2020, 18:22   #144
BHPian

I do not understand the logic behind omitting something as basic as rear seat adjustable head rest. How much they are saving over these. I always feel adjustable rear and front head rest should be standard on all variants of all cars. Ideally this should not cost much to manufacturer compared to say rear parking sensor, but only if government mandate this, I guess manufacturers start providing this basic feature. And looks like Jazz and WRV are the only cars in their segments with out an adjustable rear head rest in any of the variants.
Old 26th August 2020, 22:02   #145
BHPian

Kudos to Honda for offering Defogger, Rear wash and wipe, Rear View Camera and Cruise control as standard across variants. Wish other Brands take a cue from Honda. Honda could have priced a little more aggressively.

Now, I miss the Diesel engine.
DImPo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 07:56   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Honda can better make and sell old City, new City. They can altogether stop bringing anything other than city instead of being lackadaisical to other products.
Absolutely true.
Honda India is again doing "typical Honda India things." Here's why the Jazz competition will be laughing at Honda:

1. They've priced it too close to Sub-4m SUV's.
2. They've continued with the 1.2 instead of launching what the Jazz/WRV desperately needs - the 1.5 iVTEC.
3. They've removed the diesel altogether!!
4. Why don't we get the latest model here Honda??

Oh I almost forgot the last point...

5. They've given chrome rings around steering controls.
John316_WRC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 08:29   #147
BHPian

I simply dont understand what stops Honda India from giving 1.5 + AT (petrol/diesel) option in Jazz and WRV especially when they have these powertrain options in City/Amaze. People who are looking to buy Jazz and WRV are not likely to cross shop with City/Amaze, they will simply buy alternatives from the other brands. Honda is just loosing the customers (i am sure the number is in thousands per month) since years due to this flawed strategy.

The simple reason being most of the people will choose reliable and upmarket brand Honda over Tata, Mahindra, Hyundai, Kia, Ford, etc. If Honda offers equivalent specifications.

Last edited by 46TheDoctor : 27th August 2020 at 08:34.
46TheDoctor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 09:14   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsnare24 View Post
I’ve decided to go for the CVT as it best suits my driving style. It’s the first car in my family, and since the ladies wanted a sunroof, I’ll be going for the top ZX trim despite the premium.
Hah how funny fate is. The day before the launch of the Jazz, I saw an ad for the Venue iMT in the newspaper. And boy oh boy, did my heart start racing when I saw the titan grey sport version with the red accents! I felt more adrenaline just looking at a picture of a car in the newspaper than with all the research and involvement I had with the Jazz! And the iMT additionally solved all my problems of city b2b traffic scene without denying me the joy of being in control of gearshifts!

At 8AM yesterday I entered my details on the Shreem Hyundai website for an enquiry, and by 8PM had I not only taken a fantastic test drive but also had discussed the pricing which fell well within my budget. By then, during the course of yesterday, the Jazz had launched and the prices released, and as it turns out, the Venue SX variant and the Jazz ZX variant are only ₹5000 apart!

I think my case is a classic, live action case study of how easy it is for a carmaker to lose a dedicated customer(one who had paid and prebooked!) to the competition by sheer virtue of poor pricing and offering lesser features. I spent over a month reading every scrap of info on the Jazz CVT to convince myself it was a good buy, but half an hour driving another car coupled with excellent showroom sales and followback compared to Honda was enough to change not just my mind, but sway my heart.
wolfsnare24 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 09:34   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsnare24 View Post
.... I spent over a month reading every scrap of info on the Jazz CVT to convince myself it was a good buy, but half an hour driving another car coupled with excellent showroom sales and followback compared to Honda was enough to change not just my mind, but sway my heart.
I have decided not to consider the Jazz for the sheer arrogance Honda has shown. Can you give a quick comparison of the interior space in the two. Going by specs, Venue is 10cm wider, but can't understand how the space at the rear can be that cramped as people regularly complain about.

Last edited by 2cents : 27th August 2020 at 09:36.
2cents is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 09:43   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Can you give a quick comparison of the interior space in the two. Going by specs, Venue is 10cm wider, but can't understand how the space at the rear can be that cramped as people regularly complain about.
In all sense, as dictated by the Official Review itself, the Venue is “strictly a four seater”. Five is roomy in the Jazz because it is effectively a simple box cabin, but the Venue is compacting an entire SUV into sub 4 metres, so it loses out a little on rear cabin space. I’m 6’2” and the rear seat of the Jazz is the spacious, but the rear of the Venue is not as open as the Jazz.

Honestly though, apart from space, there’s nothing else the Jazz has an upper edge over. Rear headrests, rear AC vents, rear power socket, the Venue makes your backseat more comfortable than the Jazz even attempts to.
wolfsnare24 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks