Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2020, 10:42   #151
BHPian

re: Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs

To answer everyone in this thread who's been wondering why Honda won't plonk the 1.5 in Jazz, apart from the engine costs, this would also make it costlier. A 12 lakh Jazz would become a joke.

Quote:
Apart from the GST, a cess is applicable over and above the GST rate for automobiles. The small cars with an engine displacement of less than 1,200cc draw 1 percent cess over and above 18 percent GST. The mid-size cars with engine capacity between 1,200cc and 1,500 cc attract 3 percent cess over and above 18 percent GST.
GST rates on automobiles

This is why there's a latest trend of 1.0 L turbo and 1.4 L turbo. Companies can price their products better and even then make greater margins.

What honda can do with its 1.2 is, remap it a little for better lower grunt. The power figures aren't that bad.
RoadMonkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 10:52   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
+1 to that. When we reviewed the Jazz before zeroing on the Polo GT TSI we saw that the rear seat was uncomfortable for our above average height family members because of the short seat.
Interesting. Although Jazz rear is short, I found Polo's window, be the same, if not shorter. Amaze has a wide rear seat, but short front seats.

Providing full under-thigh support for both front and rear passengers, in 4m cars, is a skill in short supply. Ecosport and Nexon have done this well.

Last edited by pseudo_coder : 27th August 2020 at 10:58.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 12:07   #153
BHPian

Just a note about sunroofs in general. The other day I was shocked to see a Land Rover in front of me with a kid sticking out of the sunroof. I had half a mind to pull the driver over and ask him what the hell was he thinking. I have seen that a few times after that too. What deranged mind would allow a kid to do that while the vehicle is in motion. This is a serious threat of injury. Hope everyone agrees with me.
Worldchamp 2019 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 12:48   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldchamp 2019 View Post
Just a note about sunroofs in general. The other day I was shocked to see a Land Rover in front of me with a kid sticking out of the sunroof. I had half a mind to pull the driver over and ask him what the hell was he thinking. I have seen that a few times after that too. What deranged mind would allow a kid to do that while the vehicle is in motion. This is a serious threat of injury. Hope everyone agrees with me.
The careless attitude towards kids' safety in cars is common in India. Very few people use a child seat, seat belts are out of the question for little kids but even teenagers aren't told to wear them. I've begged everyone in my family to take care, but they sure like to take the risk with their child's life.

Wrt sunroof, people have only seen and learned those stunts from the movies. In Indian conditions, sunroof is basically to let in more sunlight and give an airy feeling, nothing more. Newer cars have started adding air purifiers in their cars, so opening it would be counterproductive. On the highway where the air is cleaner, the speeds are also higher. It's stupid enough to not wear a seatbelt, let alone peek out of the sunroof!
RoadMonkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 12:52   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldchamp 2019 View Post
Just a note about sunroofs in general. The other day I was shocked to see a Land Rover in front of me with a kid sticking out of the sunroof.
Well, that's what the sunroof is used for, at least by majority of the safety unaware users. Who wants to pop out of the sunroof on a static car, when they can as well sit on the roof on a stationary vehicle.

Personally, I feel it's just a fad which will soon be replaced by some other bling eventually. Saying that, a panoramic sunroof is much better than the regular as there is the additional option of viewing the night sky for all the passengers.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 27th August 2020 at 12:54.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 13:30   #156
GTB
BHPian

Cosmetic update for us and a completely new Jazz for the international market? Why doesn't Honda bring new Jazz to India?

Source: Europian Honda website
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs-c3.jpg  

Old 27th August 2020, 15:25   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
The careless attitude towards kids' safety in cars is common in India. Very few people use a child seat, seat belts are out of the question for little kids but even teenagers aren't told to wear them. I've begged everyone in my family to take care, but they sure like to take the risk with their child's life.

Wrt sunroof, people have only seen and learned those stunts from the movies. In Indian conditions, sunroof is basically to let in more sunlight and give an airy feeling, nothing more. Newer cars have started adding air purifiers in their cars, so opening it would be counterproductive. On the highway where the air is cleaner, the speeds are also higher. It's stupid enough to not wear a seatbelt, let alone peek out of the sunroof!
There should be a safety awareness drive to stop people from doing this. A taxi driver once told me " Sir, in log pade hu ey unpud hey". Very true. Big cars, big degrees, highly educated but they drive with their kid sticking out of the sunroof, sitting on the front passengers lap and sometimes even on the drivers lap.
Shocked that they really think there's nothing wrong with it. Wonder what the casualty statistics are all over the country due to this negligence. Apologies for deviating from the main topic.
Worldchamp 2019 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 15:27   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Well, that's what the sunroof is used for, at least by majority of the safety unaware users. Who wants to pop out of the sunroof on a static car, when they can as well sit on the roof on a stationary vehicle.

Personally, I feel it's just a fad which will soon be replaced by some other bling eventually. Saying that, a panoramic sunroof is much better than the regular as there is the additional option of viewing the night sky for all the passengers.
So true. It's also common sense that's missing in a huge way. Dont have to be a rocket scientist to know that it's dangerous. Especially with today's traffic and bad roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
congrats on your booking. I always support going for the top trim in the lineup, keeps you interested in the car much longer.

So feature wise the 2020 VX has nothing over the 2018 VX. I am quite ok with the regular non chrome steering controls, the non flush fitting parking sensors, and a hard passenger side dashboard. Smartkey / push button start / cruise control were already there in the VX CVT trim.

In fact, looking at the DRL positioning, it looks like the fog lights shall be missing from V / VX. So in that respect, my car has both fogs and DRLs !
In fact I'm going to have sleepless nights now! Cry myself to sleep because I dont have the chrome rings on my steering!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th August 2020 at 20:23. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote functionality (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts at once. Thanks!
Old 27th August 2020, 16:02   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
Cosmetic update for us and a completely new Jazz for the international market? Why doesn't Honda bring new Jazz to India?

I may be in the minority, but I'm actually happy about that decision. I understand the pull of wanting latest and greatest, I suffer that when it comes to smartphones, but I honestly find the new Jazz absolutely hideous. The offering in India is unique in its own way, while its USP may not be a popular one, it has its takers.

I do wish we'd get better interiors and equipment, a little remap of the engine won't hurt, but the exterior of the current Jazz is quite attractive imho.
RoadMonkey is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 17:17   #160
BHPian

Quote:

The way I see it, it’s because of the competition, or rather, the lack of it. Your same question can be asked about the new Toyota Yaris, Nissan Micra, VW Polo, Skoda Fabia, etc. Why aren’t they in India?

The other reason could be cost. All that hybrid electric technology in the new Jazz will surely jack up the price even further.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 22:12   #161
Team-BHP Support

One 'first look' video from ACI -

Quote:

We can aspire for Honda products only from the Civic level up - that too not with an international range of engines, apparently!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 07:16   #162
BHPian

Has anyone noticed that the overall length has increased to 3989 mm from 3955 mm? Do you think this extra length has been consumed by the redesigned bumpers? 34 mm is not at all negligibly small.
Old 28th August 2020, 10:51   #163
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
One 'first look' video from ACI -
ACI in future may NOT get cars from Honda for reviews based on this video. They missed highlighting the most important interior update “The Ubiquitous Chrome Ring” .

I believe ACI would have really struggled to compile this video and I sincerely request our in house reviewers not to waste time in reviewing the new Honda jazz. Our way of telling Honda we are just like you “Least Interested”
saisree is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 10:59   #164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_kumar View Post
Has anyone noticed that the overall length has increased to 3989 mm from 3955 mm? Do you think this extra length has been consumed by the redesigned bumpers? 34 mm is not at all negligibly small.
It was 3955mm always, as can be seen in our official review from 2015.
Old 28th August 2020, 12:28   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
It was 3955mm always, as can be seen in our official review from 2015.
Right and that's why I've become curious. As per the specs given on Honda India website, the length of the new BS6 avatar is 3989 mm. So, the question is where has Honda made use of this additional 34 mm?

Last edited by k_kumar : 28th August 2020 at 12:37. Reason: Rephrasing
k_kumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks