Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2021, 17:56   #181
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCi4Life View Post
Kindly advise.
How about considering the Renault Kiger and Nissan Magnite CVTs?

Additionally you can also look at the Maruti Brezza AT as that will give you the proper automatic experience and the driving position will be quite a bit more comfortable for a new driver. Maruti service is well known too
porsche_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 18:50   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
How about considering the Renault Kiger and Nissan Magnite CVTs?

Additionally you can also look at the Maruti Brezza AT as that will give you the proper automatic experience and the driving position will be quite a bit more comfortable for a new driver. Maruti service is well known too
Thanks for your insight.

I respect the Maruti Brezza for its utalitarian value. But CSUVs like the Brezza, Kiger, Magnite have been ruled out, as we are looking for car with low GC and car-like dimensions. Renault and Nissan after-sales in a Tier-2 city is not doing the Kiger or Magnite any favors.
Since my aunt is a new driver who prefers a slightly feminine exterior for the new car, psuedo CSUVs are a no-go

The Kia Sonet was also considered. But KIA have the IMT Petrol variants only, at the lower end of the price spectrum. The DCT petrol variants are all beyond their budget. Besides, the long waiting period has thrown the Sonet completely out of contention.

The Baleno Zeta AT quotation - INR 10,13,218 OTR. I am fully aware of the Baleno's structural integrity (or lack thereof) and have experienced the atrocious ride quality after the newness of its suspension has worn off, first hand.
But the Dzire ZXI+ AMT was my suggestion over the Baleno only, as the Dzire is spacious, has a potent AC and has the hill hold feature in its latest avatar now. Its long waiting period (or so claimed by the SA) has done it in.

I toyed with the idea of throwing the i10 Grand Nios into the mix as well, as it covers all their feature related demands, but I have no clue about the i10's AMT unit. And I know for sure, that the i10 will be perceived as downgrade, after they were almost sold on the i20 IMT by the SA, who claimed its a proper auto

This has turned out to be a mind bender
TDCi4Life is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 09:55   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This has turned out to be a mind bender
My suggestion would be, Ertiga Vxi Auto, for 11.5L OTR. No ingress egress issues, has AC vents on all rows, spacious. Jazz ZX is way too over priced for a regular hatchback. In fact, most CSUV's and UV's are more ingress-egress friendly than sedans and hatchbacks.

Also, in my opinion hill hold assist is a of must have for AMT's. Sadly, only Swift and Dzire are equipped with it. Otherwise, there are many options one could suggest.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 17:29   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
My suggestion would be, Ertiga Vxi Auto, for 11.5L OTR. No ingress egress issues, has AC vents on all rows, spacious. Jazz ZX is way too over priced for a regular hatchback. In fact, most CSUV's and UV's are more ingress-egress friendly than sedans and hatchbacks.

Also, in my opinion hill hold assist is a of must have for AMT's. Sadly, only Swift and Dzire are equipped with it. Otherwise, there are many options one could suggest.
The Ertiga would have been an ideal choice. But, for a family of 3 and the fact that my aunt is a new driver, its dimensions are an overkill. I fully agree with you that the Jazz ZX is overpriced for a hatchback. Maybe the inclusion of practical features like rear AC vents(much needed in the Jazz), adjustable rear head rests, rear arm rest etc.. instead of that sunroof, would have made it a better proposition.

As their grown-up daughter needs to be physically assisted during ingress/egress, a lower ground clearance is vital. I realize that unless it is tested during test drives of every shortlisted candidate, it is futile to assume that CSUVs like the Kiger/Magnite won't be able to meet this criteria. Cause the Kiger or Magnite meets all their expectations otherwise, in my opinion.
Old 28th June 2023, 15:26   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Cause the Kiger or Magnite meets all their expectations otherwise, in my opinion.
Bumping up an old thread! What was their choice eventually because I'm in a dilemma similar to yours except the reasons are different.

Getting a 2 year old Jazz ZX CVT in Bangalore for 9.7 L vs a new Kiger CVT RXZ for nearly 13.4 with 3 year service and 2 years extended warranty.

If I remove the add-ons on Kiger, its still a difference of nearly 3 Lakhs. Jazz has now stopped selling in India but this one has done only 5K km in 2 years and used Kiger is ruled out for the initial lot niggles and the new updated features available on the 2023 Kiger.

Advise please.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th June 2023 at 15:33. Reason: Kindly spell out words in entirety, avoid using slang. Thanks.
pareshraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 17:16   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post

Getting a 2 year old Jazz ZX CVT in Bangalore for 9.7 L vs a new Kiger CVT RXZ for nearly 13.4 with 3 year service and 2 years extended warranty.

Advise please.
Go for Jazz.
Dis-advantages:
  1. You being a 2nd owner, while selling off the car, the re-sale value might decline by a larger factor.
  2. You will miss the charm of a new car.
  3. You will have to accept the scars that it carries.

Advantages:
  1. The Honda 1.5 L iVTEC engine as well as CVT transmission is proven, reliable and lasts for eons. That way, 5000 km is nothing. We have a Honda City in our work-place. Extensively used by 2 different users. Both of them fall under "heavy driver" category. The car has done more than 2,00,000 km over 8-10 years without any trouble.
  2. The Honda brand itself seems to have a better and longer lasting game in future as compared to Renault. This would mean you will not find much problem in terms of maintenance. The replacement parts too should not be much of an issue as the model is discontinued just 2 months back since May 2023.

So, I would suggest to negotiate and try to bring the price down, even though at 9.7 L for a 5000 km driven Honda 1.5L iVTEC engine is as good as new. And, what other new car which is comparable to top spec Honda Jazz 1.5 L iVTEC with CVT; unless you are interested in either a power-hatch (is there any really today - I'm not sure) or blitzy bling and whistles.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th June 2023 at 11:02. Reason: Jaaz > Jazz
Old 29th June 2023, 17:35   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud BRV Owner View Post

driven Honda 1.5L iVTEC engine is as good as new. And, what other new car which is comparable to top spec Honda Jazz 1.5 L iVTEC with CVT; unless you are interested in either a power-hatch (is there any really today - I'm not sure) or blitzy bling and whistles.
I would have closed my eyes and bought it had it been the 1.5 i-vtec. As you may know, in India, the funny rule of under 4 meter + under 1200 CC engine capacity applies to get some additional duty aka now GST benefit.

So, its a 1.2 iVtec Naturally aspirated vs the 1.0 litre Turbo of Kiger
pareshraheja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 10:12   #188
BHPian

Haven't used the Kiger so won't comment on that. The 1.2 iVtec is more than sufficient for Bengaluru traffic and occasional highway drive. It may not be as exciting to drive as a TSI engine, but touchwood I never had to take the car to a service center except for regular servicing in the last 11 years. So if you are a sedate driver I would highly recommend to go for a Jazz for the practicality and the peace of mind. Also if you are careful you should be able to negotiate most of the unscientific bumpers and potholes.
Schroeter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 10:16   #189
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Bumping up an old thread! What was their choice eventually because I'm in a dilemma similar to yours except the reasons are different.

If I remove the add-ons on Kiger, its still a difference of nearly 3 Lakhs. Jazz has now stopped selling in India but this one has done only 5K km in 2 years and used Kiger is ruled out for the initial lot niggles and the new updated features available on the 2023 Kiger.

Advise please.
The Jazz will definitely be the more reliable car with an excellent 1.2 IVTEC which is more than capable in the City, the Kiger has a lot of evident cost cutting in it, which put me off like the abundance of shared parts with Kwid.
Moreover, Jazz is an international model too and is built much better than any Renault on sale in India currently.

Honda cars are known for their reliability and Jazz is no different, the only thing you have to take note of is that considering it is a discontinued model, resale won't be great once you try to sell it, and you won't have the feel of a new car, besides these I don't see any reason why you shouldn't go for the Jazz considering you are open to used cars.
bijims is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 12:17   #190
BHPian

They decided to opt for the pre-owned route.

A used car dealer (also a fellow resident from their housing complex) posted an ad on their society's WhatsApp group. It was about a 7 year old Nissan CVT sedan (can't seem to remember the model).

Short story : They did not heed my advice and got that 7 year old, pre-owned Nissan and the rest, as the saying goes, is history.

I am sorry for the late reply and I might not have the ideal advice for your requirements.

Last edited by TDCi4Life : 2nd July 2023 at 12:20. Reason: Remarks
Old 2nd July 2023, 17:32   #191
BHPian

I have seen many comments and reviewers talk about Jazz was overpriced for a hatchback. But wondering i20 is also par with the Jazz if you look at feature-wise comparison. Any thoughts on why the i20 was never criticised?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd August 2023 at 11:59. Reason: typos
Old 3rd August 2023, 11:12   #192
BHPian

Quote:

So, its a 1.2 iVtec Naturally aspirated vs the 1.0 litre Turbo of Kiger
Eventually took the plunge and went for the Jazz. It's closing in on a month now and so far so good. Enjoying the smooth iVTEC engine.

None at home including me feeling the lack of initial pickup coz the previous one was the 3 pot 1.0 Celerio motor. The only nit picking is the fuel efficiency over the Maruti's. I used to get 12 to 13 in city condition whereas this returned 10.5 in the first tank full to tank full.

Hoping when the odo reaches 10K km from the current 6K Km, things may improve a little more!

Cheers.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd August 2023 at 11:58. Reason: Typos and punctuation.
pareshraheja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 11:54   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Eventually took the plunge and went for the Jazz. It's closing in on a month now and so far so good. Enjoying the smooth iVTEC engine.

None at home including me feeling the lack of initial pickup coz the previous one was the 3 pot 1.0 Celerio motor. The only nit picking is the fuel efficiency over the Maruti's. I used to get 12 to 13 in city condition whereas this returned 10.5 in the first tank full to tank full.

Hoping when the odo reaches 10K km from the current 6K Km, things may improve a little more!

Cheers.
Congratulations. Even I graduated from 3cyl 1.0L(K10B) in estilo to Jazz back in 2019 and hence don’t really feel the lack of power as such. Its adequate for city. On fast highways you do feel the challenge while overtaking but can use sports mode with paddleshifters to help mask that a bit.

Fuel efficiency obviously will be lower considering the heavy weight it has to pull. Think that’s the price you have to pay for 4* safety compared to featherlight competition

Btw post 10k it will improve a bit, both FE & drivability. Now crossed 20k kms in 4 years & I get 11-12kmpl consistently in Bangalore

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd August 2023 at 11:59. Reason: quoted post edited.
SoumenD is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks