Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2021, 14:58   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
I just hope there is no Reveal, then pricing disclosure, media drives & finally deliveries (with a 15-20 day gap between every 2 steps). Just launch the car in 1 go & begin deliveries ASAP. They are already very late with the launch especially since it is an already proven engine in Nexon.
Correct. I think those reveals and teasings have to go unless you're presenting something mind-boggling like a Cybertruck.
creative420 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 19:31   #182
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz with turbo petrol engine spotted undisguised

Altroz Turbo spotted during TVC shoot

ATRONIX is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 10:49   #183
BHPian

What we know some far is that the transmission and dual clutch makes. I tried to search, unsuccessfully for cars using punch powertrain DC1. Does anyone know which cars today use this transmission? We could perhaps get a fair bit of idea on performance and reliability by that.
Old 2nd January 2021, 23:24   #184
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol could be launched on January 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
I don’t understand from where this “one year delay” has come from.
I think we might be getting a bit too much OT here but let me reply at least once. Whatever you have written are very much nice to read and perhaps can get a good amount of likes from fanboys as well. But truth remains the same.

TATA never does a full launch and that is what is costing them their market share. Have they ever launched a car in recent times with all combinations in one go? Petrol, Turbo Petrol, Diesel, Manual and Automatics -- The answer in a big fat NO. Take any car of their recent times - Hexa, Tiago, Nexon, Altroz and even Harrier. All excellent cars let down by poor planning. Tiago/Nexon are indeed successful cars but it should have been a blockbuster. It would have been if they had launched proper combinations from the very start. Even after realizing this, they are still sticking to their formula with Altroz as well. Look at the advance booking of its rival I20 and compare with Altroz.

Look at what Nissan did with Magnite. Of course they created ripples with their pricing but just look at Nissan's past 3-5 years. Not one good car and very poor service history. Still they came all guns blazing and launched in 10 variants. Petrol, Tubro Petrol and CVT. They have crossed 30000 bookings even before delivering a single car. Did Tiago/Nexon/Harrier/Altroz get even close to this? Is TATA reputation and service worse than Nissan? Definitely not. It's just poor planning.

Media hype or not, but If TATA is going to build separate petrol engines and turbo petrol engines for each car and take its own sweet time to do that, then its purely poor management skills of those sitting at top.

PS: I will be upgrading my car in 3-4 years time and TATA definitely is at the top of my list. But my only worry is that with this strategy, by the time they come up with a automatic version of a turbo petrol of the car I am buying:
1) There would have been at least 3-4 cars in that very segment from other manufacturers which are more fresh than TATA car.
2) They would have definitely jacked up the prices.
3) They would have deleted so many features!

PPS: I am a huge TATA fan and nothing would be better than seeing them challenge MSIL and Hyundai. But with this strategy, they can at best try and fight other players to be in the podium with at least 3rd prize.

Peace Out!
RaghuVis is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 13:02   #185
BHPian

I was under the impresssion that only the turbo manual was gonna launch on January 13 but if the DCT variant was being used for the TVC shoot is it possible that both of them will be launched on Jan 13 ??
aansh singhania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 14:10   #186
BHPian

That color looks gorgeous! Also, will Tata make us wait for one more year to launch the dark edition? I really hope there are no reliability issues with the DCT. Considering the low kerb weight of the Altroz(980-1150kg), a remap will make this car fly!
saikishor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 19:08   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
That color looks gorgeous! Also, will Tata make us wait for one more year to launch the dark edition? I really hope there are no reliability issues with the DCT. Considering the low kerb weight of the Altroz(980-1150kg), a remap will make this car fly!
It has something to do with their new forever policy in which they promised to offer something new on their cars every six months or so IIRC.
aansh singhania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 09:12   #188
Senior - BHPian

Tata Altroz Turbo spotted yet again

Tata Altroz with turbo petrol engine spotted undisguised-fb_img_16097310519269620.jpg

Source : MotorBeam
Venkatesh is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 09:16   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Altroz Turbo spotted yet again
Seems to be the same car moving around for ad-shoots hence the dark tint and plates. Must say, looks striking in that shade of Blue. Now, really hoping that they manage to bring the DCT & Turbo together. Hopefully, it should be a great combination!
Old 6th January 2021, 06:56   #190
Senior - BHPian

Tata Altroz iTurbo variants, features leaked. Available in three trims XT, XZ and XZ+. Only available in Manual, No DCT Automatic at the time of launch

Tata Altroz with turbo petrol engine spotted undisguised-fb_img_16098972534630560.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 6th January 2021 at 07:14.
Venkatesh is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 08:17   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Only available in Manual, No DCT Automatic at the time of launch
Tata is that student in the class, who is sincere and is a fast learner, but clings on to a mistake so passionately that he keeps repeating it & never realises it's a mistake and that it's gonna cost him

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 6th January 2021 at 08:18.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 09:02   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tata Altroz iTurbo variants, features leaked. Available in three trims XT, XZ and XZ+. Only available in Manual, No DCT Automatic at the time of launch

]
I don't get it. NA engine XM+ has 16 inch wheels with full wheel caps, but XT turbo has 14 inch wheels with half wheel caps Trust Tata to do such weird feature distribution! So a car with cruise control, auto AC, push button start stop will not even have full wheelcaps, forget alloys. Is this a first in India?

Last edited by AkMar : 6th January 2021 at 09:04.
AkMar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 11:17   #193

Quote:
That is some interesting feature distribution if the leak is true. Looks like Tata is moving the wearable key from being present in ZX to ZX+ only.
Old 6th January 2021, 11:33   #194
BHPian

Quote:
This slide definitely has some mistakes. XT cannot have 14 inch wheels if the XM has 16 inchers.
Also going by the drive modes mentioned it seems the XT and XZ will only come in turbo variants?
coldice4u is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 12:07   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
This slide definitely has some mistakes. XT cannot have 14 inch wheels if the XM has 16 inchers.
Also going by the drive modes mentioned it seems the XT and XZ will only come in turbo variants?
Tata does do stupid variant distributions. Their lower variant with a + will have some equipment which the next variant won't have.

Just check their plus/luxe variant distributions. It's just confusing. I can even ignore absence of alloys, but an essential feature like the driver's armrest comes only in XZ
Closed Thread

Most Viewed